Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-07-2012, 15:59   #1
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
President Obama signs a great bill into law

Honoring America's Veterans Act

wonder how the Faux News pundits will cover this? what kinda spin will they put on this one? moreover, will republicans support the president's signing of this bill? or will they play it off and call him a muslim, communist, etc... the same old tired moronic rhetoric we've heard since day one. today and this act was a win for America and all of us serving our country in the US military. proud of my commander in chief.
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 16:02   #2
eb07
Sharkin'

Must be an election year.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 16:04   #3
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Must be an election year.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:09   #4
John Rambo
Raven

How is a law which unconstitutionally restricts the 1st amendment rights of a group of Americans a, "Great law?" Because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 14:18   #5
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Restricting the rights of yet another group that isn't popular. Great laws, indeed.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 15:11   #6
Brucev

Great law? In what way. Please do explain with particular attention to exactly what in your estimate makes this a "great law." You will of course be graded on the content and quality of your work. Apply yourself.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 15:25   #7
BuzznRose

I didn't like the protests either, but don't buy for a minute BHO gave a dang about the fallen serviceman. He signed it because it might give him some votes PLUS it's another poke in the eye of the Constitution.

My biggest regret in 28 years of military service was that BHO signed my retirement certificate!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 08-08-2012, 15:30   #8
amazon

He signs a law restricting the first amendment. That's something to celebrate? This will just end up in the courts again. Do I like it/them? Hell no. But they do have consitutional rights.

Yet, the Feds tell the states to "go easy" on the OWS demonstrators who actually violate laws.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Old 08-08-2012, 15:59   #9
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

i think its a win for my fellow soldiers and some of which i lost in afghanistan and their families to know that they dont have to deal with the sorrow and insanity of fools celebrating the heartache a soldiers' family is going thru in the wake of their loss. you people hate the president so much you dont support anything he does for any american. its sad really. so much hate in your hearts for the man.
Old 08-08-2012, 16:01   #10
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
I didn't like the protests either, but don't buy for a minute BHO gave a dang about the fallen serviceman. He signed it because it might give him some votes PLUS it's another poke in the eye of the Constitution.

My biggest regret in 28 years of military service was that BHO signed my retirement certificate!

nothing the man does is of good intent, right? but oh im sure Dubya was true in his intentions wasnt he? give me a break.
Old 08-08-2012, 19:36   #11
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
i think its a win for my fellow soldiers and some of which i lost in afghanistan and their families to know that they dont have to deal with the sorrow and insanity of fools celebrating the heartache a soldiers' family is going thru in the wake of their loss. you people hate the president so much you dont support anything he does for any american. its sad really. so much hate in your hearts for the man.
Anything it takes to justify to yourself violating the Constitution.

Where in the Constitution is our right to not be offended enumerated?

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:23   #12
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
A win for your fellow soldiers that the rights they fight to protect are being stripped away from Americans by the very government who employs them to fight to protect said rights?

Yeah, theres some bass akwards reasoning if I ever heard it.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36   #13
CLoft239
I Like Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post

I do believe that would be one certificate that would never be displayed in my home. I truly loathe that man, and I'm glad I ETS'd when I did.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited by CLoft239; 08-09-2012 at 07:37..
CLoft239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:49   #14
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
You make a good point. It doesn't really matter that our economy has tanked under Obama. It really doesn't matter that he has increased our debt to an unsustainable level. It doesn't matter that we have ten to twenty percent (depending on calculation method) of our populaton unemployed. It doesn't matter that real estate prices just keep falling. It doesn't matter that personal wealth of families keeps dropping. It doesn't matter that more and more people are on welfare every month. It doesn't matter that he has no coherent foreign policy. It doesn't matter that he has funneled hundreds of millions of dollars to political cronies and campaign contributors, many whom live overseas. It doesn't matter that he has filled his administration with people with questionable backgrounds who are not qualified and show it in every decision they make. It doesn't matter that his justice department is a joke and seems at times to be covering up as many crimes as they are uncovering.

And, mostly, it doesn't matter that he seems to have no clue what to do about any of these things.

No, what is important is that he signed a bill to stop a bunch of nuts from protesting at funerals.

You have convinced us. Please ask ACORN to mail us several absentee ballots in different names so we can vote several times for Obama.

Last edited by series1811; 08-09-2012 at 07:49..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 13:07   #15
Glotin

Quote:

wonder how the Faux News pundits will cover this? what kinda spin will they put on this one? moreover, will republicans support the president's signing of this bill? or will they play it off and call him a muslim, communist, etc... the same old tired moronic rhetoric we've heard since day one. today and this act was a win for America and all of us serving our country in the US military. proud of my commander in chief.
Do me a favor and don't speak for the US military. We took an oath to "support and defend the CONSTITUTION". You might want to read it.

Then read up about his administration suing the state of Ohio (curiously a very important state with a close race) because they give special voting treatment to military members serving over seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
You make a good point. It doesn't really matter that our economy has tanked under Obama. It really doesn't matter that he has increased our debt to an unsustainable level. It doesn't matter that we have ten to twenty percent (depending on calculation method) of our populaton unemployed. It doesn't matter that real estate prices just keep falling. It doesn't matter that personal wealth of families keeps dropping. It doesn't matter that more and more people are on welfare every month. It doesn't matter that he has no coherent foreign policy. It doesn't matter that he has funneled hundreds of millions of dollars to political cronies and campaign contributors, many whom live overseas. It doesn't matter that he has filled his administration with people with questionable backgrounds who are not qualified and show it in every decision they make. It doesn't matter that his justice department is a joke and seems at times to be covering up as many crimes as they are uncovering.

And, mostly, it doesn't matter that he seems to have no clue what to do about any of these things.

No, what is important is that he signed a bill to stop a bunch of nuts from protesting at funerals.

You have convinced us. Please ask ACORN to mail us several absentee ballots in different names so we can vote several times for Obama.
This is a great response. Unfortunately rational thought doesn't have any effect on people like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 17:20   #16
ruhip

Have some more Kool Aid
Old 08-12-2012, 17:24   #17
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post

yup.....+1
Old 08-12-2012, 17:36   #18
Foxtrotx1

I'm an independent, and would be glad to give a man, or a president, credit where credit is due.

This is simply a violation of the 1st amendment and I would love to see this get eaten by the Supreme Court.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 22:18   #19
BenjiEDF

So violating the 1st ammedmendment to the Constitution is "honoring troops" yeah that's pretty much par for the course from this President.

quit drinking that Kool-Aid

"Life is good" ~Hickok45

Last edited by BenjiEDF; 08-12-2012 at 22:20..
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 14:36   #20
frizz

Quote:

It is aimed at the sleaze-nut Fred Phelps and co.

They won in the Supreme Court last year, but don't let that stop Obama. He doesn't give a damn about the 1st Amendment.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote