SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 17:26   #21
rkguy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
I didn't like the protests either, but don't buy for a minute BHO gave a dang about the fallen serviceman. He signed it because it might give him some votes PLUS it's another poke in the eye of the Constitution.

My biggest regret in 28 years of military service was that BHO signed my retirement certificate!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Don't feel to bad, Clinton, signed mine!
rkguy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 17:45   #22
tnpatriot

I did not vote for obama. However I must give credit where it is due. These westboro nuts abuse the first amendment. He may still destroy our country, but I think he done the right thing on this one.
tnpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 18:21   #23
ColdSteelNail

I despise these Westboro protesters and their methods. I however respect their rights to do so as long as they are peaceful. The law may not be constitutional.
Old 11-26-2012, 21:38   #24
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshmdz View Post
i think its a win for my fellow soldiers and some of which i lost in afghanistan and their families to know that they dont have to deal with the sorrow and insanity of fools celebrating the heartache a soldiers' family is going thru in the wake of their loss. you people hate the president so much you dont support anything he does for any american. its sad really. so much hate in your hearts for the man.
You're kidding right? Did you even listen to the oath you took? Plain speech is easy to defend. Inflammatory speech like westburo or the klan or lewie pharokan is the important ones to defend.

Personally I hope all the folks I mentioned die in a fiery bus crash. But until they do, they still have a right to spew their venom. And God bless the freedom riders that counter protest.
nursetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36   #25
BossGodfrey

Quote:
nothing the man does is of good intent, right? but oh im sure Dubya was true in his intentions wasnt he? give me a break.
So it's ok to violate the constitutional rights of those we don't agree with. Yea, you're brilliant ! I hope now we can do the same to the gays and the baby killers who protest because I don't like what they have to say either ! Yes that would make my day !

Last edited by BossGodfrey; 11-28-2012 at 02:50..
BossGodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48   #26
exmdshooter
WWJMBD?

The Westboro crowd disgusts me, but this is exactly why we have a first amendment... to protect unpopular speech. There is no need for laws (or constitutional provisions) to protect speech or protests or ideas everyone agrees with. Same is true of the OWS twits. I think they're morons, but so long as they obey the law (which they're not too good at) they have a right to express their views.

Nobody respects the military or those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country more than I do. These people died to protect the freedoms enshrined in our Constitution, including the rights of a-holes to express their views.

To my mind, the greatest thing about the first amendment is it allows idiots and low-life scum to self-identify... and they can't help themselves... they do it every time. That way the rest of us know who they are and can avoid them like the plague.
and Black Rifle club member #423
Pennsylvania Glockers club member #107

Last edited by exmdshooter; 12-05-2012 at 09:15..
exmdshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 17:54   #27
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

A leftist moron celebrates infringement against free speech. Move along, nothing new to see here.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 18:37   #28
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Honoring America's Veterans Act

wonder how the Faux News pundits will cover this? what kinda spin will they put on this one? moreover, will republicans support the president's signing of this bill? or will they play it off and call him a muslim, communist, etc... the same old tired moronic rhetoric we've heard since day one. today and this act was a win for America and all of us serving our country in the US military. proud of my commander in chief.
Yeah, he really went out on a limb there, signing a law he knows won't be enforceable, going against one of the most hated groups in America and one which, coincidentally, is on the far right. What's next? Maybe the "KKK is bad" resolution?