Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:47   #181
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
Ok, you seem to just be dancing around the issue.

1). Should the General be forced out of the military, etc?

2) Should a MOH recipient who lied about pot use to join up be stripped of his MOH?

Yes or no?
NO. The answer is pretty obvious - the medal of honor is given for specific acts and has nothing to do with the soldier's career, before or after.

Promotion, on the other hand, is based on the whole career. If this general had 20 years in and joined during Don't Ask Don't Tell, that would be perfectly legitimate. I'd suspect the promotion, or the surrounding publicity, was political and was being used to motivate a particular voting base at this particular time (a group that is small but has a lot of influence in the media) but there wouldn't be the same question.

In this case, the Army has chosen to promote an officer to general who has made it clear that she has lied to the Army, her superiors, subordinates, etc., throughout her careeer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
An interesting tidbit, which hasn't been mentioned on here is that promotion to General has to be approved and voted on by the Senate. I'm sure they were aware of her need to lie, if in fact she did, way back when.
Maybe and maybe not - it probably isn't in her military records that the senate reviews. I don't know how much outside investigation is done. Prior to this administration, any actual mention in her records that she was a lesbian would have been cause to throw her out of the Army.

Last edited by Bren; 08-13-2012 at 04:51..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:49   #182
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
There's got to be more to it than that, 90% of the Soldiers I ever met did that and more, jokingly of course.
Whoever kicked him out never set foot on a construction sight either.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:51   #183
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
... I'd suspect the promotion, or the surrounding publicity, was political and was being used to motivate a particular voting base at this particular time (a group that is small but has a lot of influence in the media) but there wouldn't be the same question. ...
If you think about it, any promotion past O3 is 93% political anyway.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-13-2012 at 04:51..
Old 08-13-2012, 05:24   #184
Detectorist

[QUOTE=Bren;19301935] I'd suspect the promotion, or the surrounding publicity, was political and was being used to motivate a particular voting base at this particular time (a group that is small but has a lot of influence in the media) but there wouldn't be the same question.

I'm sure this has been more than a normal political promotion. It has been carefully orchestrated. So I agree with you.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:23   #185
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Of course homosexual behavior is a choice. So is heterosexual behavior.

It is kind of sad though that
we have several full grown adults in this thread who don't understand the difference between sexual activity and sexual orientation.
You're playing the "word magic" game now, which is typical of what some people to do when it comes to the homosexual's agenda for this country's children. Lampshade, I don't play word magic.

First, you really shouldn't use the noun -orientation- without it's adjective -sexual- when discussing this particular topic. Too much is lost when magically one word is eliminated and only half of the intended meaning is then being conferred. Please note, it is sexual orientation we are discussing, not simply the noun and word -orientation.-

Sexual activity is directly related to sexual orientation, but most here would agree you that the two are not the same thing. Both sexual activity and sexual orientation can change drastically over time. If a person's sexual orientation changes, were they really born that way? Maybe people have something else influencing their sexual orientation aside from being born (i.e., alive)?

Contrariwise, Civil Rights are imparted upon people from their births. Civil Rights NEVER legally change. These rights may be restricted, or infringed upon, but they never legally change. As far as sexual orientation, it can be manipulated or changed simply from purely environmental happenstances. Generally speaking, puberty, or reproductive sexual maturity begins around the age of twelve and continues for as many as 4 or 5 years on average. Sexual orientation is especially subject to environmental happenstances during this period. Civil Rights, from birth to the grave, NEVER legally change.

Simply put, the homosexuals' word magic might work in the public school curriculum, might be good fodder for tv or hollyweird, and even be demonstrated through the mass media outlets; however, when homosexuals have the effectiveness of their word magic undermined by way of more fathers and mothers (and especially mothers! ) understanding the endgame of the homosexual agenda, then the desire of the homosexuals stated in their manifesto as, "...The family unit spawning ground of lies, betrayals, mediocrity, hypocrisy, and violence will be abolished. The family unit, which only dampens imagination and curbs free will, must be eliminated..." will be countered at every turn.

"Society" will not stop the militant's homosexuals' agenda, but families, if given the knowledge of what is really going on, will be able to not only stop the homosexuals' intentions for their children, but they will also be able to start taking back what has been lost due to their previous ignorance of just how callous, selfish, and insidious the militant homosexuals' actually are about their chosen sexual orientation.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42   #186
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
The statement worthy of Sarah ...
You totally lost me with this comment...
Quote:
... They exposed what exactly ? The concept ? As in, you seem to imply that it's a choice ? People are being born homosexual.
It's been proven, IIRC over a decade ago, people are not born homosexual. This whole concept was both a ploy and stratagem from the homosexuals so as to be able to claim Civil Rights for homosexuals.
Quote:
Heck, penguins are being born homosexual - ask Google if you don't believe me. ...
Wow... just wow. For the sake of argument, let's say you're right, you're gonna based your sexual orientation on how a single penguin is acting in captivity?

BTW- Studies have been done that controvert your claim about penguins. HINT: It has always taken two penguins to raise a baby penguin. The male and female share the roles that are typically, in generalization, ascribed to human parents as the male being the bread winner and female being the homemaker.

If penguins followed our model (e.g, human beings), they would die out in one or two generations.

Even so, all persons being equal under the Constitution, if you want to base your sexual orientation on a penguin's actions, you have every right to do it for yourself, but do not try to convince children of such a foolish notion.
Quote:
... Just like Albinos.
You either been lied to about the truth, and are repeating what you've been told, or you are lying about the truth.

Albinos are genetically derived. All albinos have come from a man and woman, or male and female. Please show even a SINGLE instance of an Albino offspring coming from two males and or two females...
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47   #187
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
... Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals in combat or on the drill field and they will impress you. Expect a bunch of Marines to act like professionals all the time and you will be sorely disappointed.
Good summary.

Eleanor Roosevelt summed it nicely as well, "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
Old 08-13-2012, 07:08   #188
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
You're playing the "word magic" game now, which is typical of what some people to do when it comes to the homosexual's agenda for this country's children. Lampshade, I don't play word magic.
Sexual activity and sexual orientation are two different things.

Pointing this out is no more playing "word magic" than correcting somebody who describes a semi auto AR-15 as a "machine gun."

Last edited by Lampshade; 08-13-2012 at 07:21..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18   #189
Lampshade

Quote:
Simply put, the homosexuals' word magic might work in the public school curriculum, might be good fodder for tv or hollyweird, and even be demonstrated through the mass media outlets; however, when homosexuals have the effectiveness of their word magic undermined by way of more fathers and mothers (and especially mothers! ) understanding the endgame of the homosexual agenda, then the desire of the homosexuals stated in their manifesto as, "...The family unit spawning ground of lies, betrayals, mediocrity, hypocrisy, and violence will be abolished. The family unit, which only dampens imagination and curbs free will, must be eliminated..." will be countered at every turn.
Ah yes, the "homosexual manifesto."

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a crazy person.

Carry on.

Last edited by Lampshade; 08-13-2012 at 07:22..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:23   #190
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

The USSR commonly declared dissidents to be mentally ill...
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:28   #191
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Ah yes, the "homosexual manifesto."

Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to a crazy person.

Carry on.
Hmmm.... so you are one that claims it is satire?

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 08-13-2012 at 07:29..
Old 08-13-2012, 07:59   #192
glockaviator

Just goes to show you, there are WRITTEN rules and UNWRITTEN rules. And the unwritten rules frequently take precedence over the written rules. The lesson to be learned is, if you want to get ahead in an organization, learn to tell the difference.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09   #193
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
Biblical Sharia.

I have another confession to make to the GlockTalk inquisition- I kept my poncho liner and I never signed a DD 362.

(No way was I giving up my woobie!)

I hope they don't change the status of my discharge!
Nah, they'd just take the $75 it was probably worth out of your next tax return
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:27   #194
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Quote:
...the endgame of the homosexual ....

"...heh heh...he said endgame ...heh heh[/beavis]

"that word....they do not think it means what we think it means....[/inigo]

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:27   #195
dereklord

Quote:
This guy lied about his service eligibility too.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...cas-obit_N.htm

Do you think we should strip him of the honor, you know... because he lied on the application?
Well, the dude did some great stuff. Taking NOTHNG away from that...he still lied. What if the article read...

"Known child molester and murderer [insert name here] was coming home from a killing spree/drug deal when he saw an abandoned building filled with puppies and bunnies burning to the ground. [name] ran into the burning building and saved said puppies and bunnies from certain destruction and was badly burned and scarred for his heroic actions. Due to the honorable way he saved the puppies and bunnies, we as a society are chosing to allow him to walk free. Thank you for your selfless heroism, [name], and please don't let anyone judge you for any of those other issues that we are already starting to forget about as we read this article."

Would we think differently? I understand that it seems trite maybe, to equate a lie to child molestation or murder, however, exactly where is the line drawn in the sand when it comes to right and wrong?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:30   #196
KalashniKEV

This thread has been eye opening because it shows that very few things can overcome the Hate inside of some peoples clouded, simple minds.

A lengthy career of service to Nation?

Don't matter if you is a faaaaaaaeg!

In the end, I believe these bed pissers will turn on everyone in their lives for not being exactly like them. You can smell the Fear in every word they post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensb2 View Post
Nah, they'd just take the $75 it was probably worth out of your next tax return
I forgot to mention that I'm a master of AR 735-5... as well as property UN-accountability!
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:30   #197
dereklord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
If it came down to him getting stripped I say, he created his own problems by lying.

People are canned/stripped of awards for honor violations, but if they can get away with whatever they do, fine, I guess.

That's the whole issue with this thread - Lying.

Should a sitting president be impeached for lying under oath?
Bingo. I havent read all of the responses to this, but MANY sports stars have had their accolades stripped for lying. Not only did they get the award taken away, they were shamed publicly and shunned throughout the sports world.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:33   #198
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereklord View Post
Would we think differently? I understand that it seems trite maybe, to equate a lie to child molestation or murder, however, exactly where is the line drawn in the sand when it comes to right and wrong?
This is where brain power counts... USE YOUR BRAIN to determine the difference between serial murder and child molestation and keeping your sexual business to yourself...

I thought the Air Force was supposed to be smarter?

KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:35   #199
dereklord

Quote:
This thread has been eye opening because it shows that very few things can overcome the Hate inside of some peoples clouded, simple minds.

A lengthy career of service to Nation?

Don't matter if you is a faaaaaaaeg!

In the end, I believe these bed pissers will turn on everyone in their lives for not being exactly like them. You can smell the Fear in every word they post.

I forgot to mention that I'm a master of AR 735-5... as well as property UN-accountability!
I may wet the bed, but...

I am a realist. I have nothing against anyone for things that they cannont control. However, being a realist, I have to say that I have issues with people if they were to CHOOSE to do something wrong. This lady can do and be whatever she wants. Heck, she could move on to Columbia and get involved in the international drug trade for all that matters. But, if she lied, she should be able to accept the consequenses. If she gets caught while in Columbia producing/packaging/transporting 200 kilo's of boogar sugar, she should be able to accept the consequenses. Either way, she might be a fine American and a nice person.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:39   #200
dereklord

Quote:
This is where brain power counts... USE YOUR BRAIN to determine the difference between serial murder and child molestation and keeping your sexual business to yourself...

I thought the Air Force was supposed to be smarter?

Im not sure who lied to you about us Air Force guys but...

I was simply asking your opinion on the proverbial "line in the sand" when it came to right and wrong. I think that in my apparently inadequate brain I see the difference between serial murder, child molestation and keeping a secret. But keeping a secret isn't the issue discussed here. I thought it was lying. maybe I should go re-read the previous posts.