Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2012, 19:06   #276
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
I'd make the worlds worst gay.

Some years back I was assigned a gay guy as a hotel roommate at a corporate meeting. After the first day he demanded his boss get him his own room.

I'm like gay repellant.

What did you do?!

For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:07   #277
frank4570
Feral human

So now that she is openly gay she is moving up in rank just like she was before she was openly gay. Seems like it was never worth worrying about.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:09   #278
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
The Military has been neutered.
What? Are we getting our asses kicked all over Afghanistan?

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:17   #279
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post

What did you do?!

Nothing. Just being normal me.
certifiedfunds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:33   #280
devildog2067

Quote:
In matters such as these the chickens always come home to roost. Few today know that Colin Powell was made a brigadier not due to merit, but rather because President Carter asked Sec. Harold Brown why there were no minorities on the promotion list on his desk.
OK. Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that your wild unsubstantiated allegation is true, and that Colin Powell was not made a brigadier due to merit.

Did his incompetence manifest itself suddenly, when he was up for flag rank?

How did he get promoted from 2nd Lieutenant to Colonel, in his 21 years of active service before he pinned on stars?

How did he manage to get promoted 3 more times, in the 10 years that he was a flag officer?

Did he get selected as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs because he was incompetent?

Even if he was not promoted due to merit, but for political reasons, there is ample evidence that he was more than capable of performing the job. He managed to do so for two decades before you allege he was promoted "not due to merit" and another decade after.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:37   #281
devildog2067

Quote:
Few today know that Colin Powell was made a brigadier not due to merit, but rather because President Carter asked Sec. Harold Brown why there were no minorities on the promotion list on his desk.
Let me add that General Powell isn't anywhere close to being the first black man promoted to flag rank: Benjamin O. Davis, Sr. has him beat by almost 40 years. Daniel James Jr. made 4-star rank in the Air Force 4 years before Powell made flag. Roscoe Robinson Jr. was promoted Brigadier General at in the Army 5 years before Powell.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:48   #282
Detectorist

The fact is that Colin Powell got a White House Fellowship way back in 1972. His 'Godfather' since then was Casper Weinberger.

If I'm not mistaken he was promoted ahead of a bunch of other Officers to Colonel.

His philosophy of 'don't rock the boat' served him well.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 08-13-2012 at 19:48..
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 19:51   #283
kat1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
What would McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy think of this crap?

This is not the same Country as when these men were here, we have been become a disgrace and these morals and the morality of this country will eventually be its demise.
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 20:12   #284
Ummagumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
UCMJ code violation is UCMJ code violation. The violater knew about the code yet purposely flaunted it. I therefore question every military man and woman's ethics and integrity for doing so.
No, because only the queers lied, the rest were plain ignorant /sarcasm

BTW, it disturbs me too when certain groups of people are being promoted for political reasons. It's fundamentally unfair and being a straight white male, this works against me. However, unlike some other fellow GT'ers, I don't hold it against the persons being promoted. It's a rotten system and they are simply benefiting from it, not creating it. After 20+ years in business I've seen people being promoted because they were exceptionally good at their work, or because they played golf with the right group of people, or because they were married to owner's niece, or because they had sex with the right person, or because they were a "right" kind of minority, or because they were really skilled at taking credit for the good work of others and blaming others for their mistakes. It's that last type I really don't like, the rest of them I will treat as good or as bad as that particular person deserves. Surprisingly, I met quite a few "I married into my position" types that were not bad people at all, and decent workers.

So, if the Army decided to promote someone, in part, for being gay - bad for the Army (as it's a wrong reason to promote a person), good for her, and since it seems that she did pretty good work up to date, congratulations. And if she lied about having "unnatural" sex, so did most other straight service members, so it doesn't bother me a single bit.

Last edited by Ummagumma; 08-13-2012 at 20:15.. Reason: As always, turning broken English into a semi-broken one ;)
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 21:11   #285
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Being that she's a gay flag officer, does her car have little rainbow flags on the front fenders when she's driven around?

I still find it repulsive but I guess America has changed over the years.
JuneyBooney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 21:28   #286
Ummagumma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I still find it repulsive but I guess America has changed over the years.
It's ever changing.

I find a lot of things "normal" people do repulsive. I am sure a lot of what goes on among gay people would gross me out, too. But ultimately, it's their life. As long as they don't hurt anyone, as long as they don't force me to live by their standards, as long as they make an attempt to live by the general rules of civil society, they should be free to do as they please in their private lives.
Ummagumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 21:29   #287
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Let me add that General Powell isn't anywhere close to being the first black man promoted to flag rank: Benjamin O. Davis, Sr. has him beat by almost 40 years. Daniel James Jr. made 4-star rank in the Air Force 4 years before Powell made flag. Roscoe Robinson Jr. was promoted Brigadier General at in the Army 5 years before Powell.
Those facts do not support the agenda of the Kookistani Patriot Movement.

Only whites* make their rank on merit... whenever anyone else does it's "political."

*white men I should say
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 22:19   #288
lunarspeak

McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy

i just suggest that one might have been gay and some of you guys freak out...

for one its very possible one or more was secretly gay...its also possible that one or more cheated on thier wives ,drank too much,cheated on their taxes...these guys were men with all the flaws as the rest of us

and if one are all were gay so what,they wouldnt be your heros ..if you found out patton and bradly were a couple you wouldnt watch the patton movie anymore??? you would forget all the great things these guys did because of who they were sleeping around with,,,thats pathetic
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 22:26   #289
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by napp32 View Post
Read my post that you quoted again. Nowhere did I use the term Political Correctness. The ring knocker example you mentioned was/is a big part of the political process. No doubt about that. However, it can hardly be compared with Political Correctness. It is more closely related to the "good ol' boy" syndrome in local politics.
And the Good Ol' Boy network was better than Political Correctness?

PC kills the military but GOB ain't no thang?
Old 08-13-2012, 22:39   #290
DaGump
CLM Number 158
Enigma

Now that we've broken through the openly gay barrier, I look forward to the day when we have our first polygamist flag officer. If three or more consenting adults love each other, then who are we to say that it's wrong? The perfect candidate would be in loving 4-way bisexual relationship.

Hopefully this individual would be a competent officer too.
-Lazarus Long
DaGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 23:05   #291
boby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Obama promised to "fundamentally change America" and this is part of it. It's a culture war, one that the far Left has been waging since the late 1960s.

That some here have bought into it is because they are generally young and have been weaned on the PCism of the Clinton years.
What exactly is this culture war? When exactly did it start? What are the goals of this war?
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 23:08   #292
boby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat1950 View Post
This is not the same Country as when these men were here, we have been become a disgrace and these morals and the morality of this country will eventually be its demise.
What does homosexuality have to do with morality?
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 23:09   #293
SDDL-UP

Ummagumma and everyone else making this comparison....

Being black and being a practicing homosexual is not the same thing!!!

One is behavior based and one isn't. It's nice for your "cause" or whatever to make that comparison, but it really isn't an apples to apples comparison.
Old 08-13-2012, 23:36   #294
Glock13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
Ummagumma and everyone else making this comparison....

Being black and being a practicing homosexual is not the same thing!!!

One is behavior based and one isn't. It's nice for your "cause" or whatever to make that comparison, but it really isn't an apples to apples comparison.
You are born black and born a homosexual. Yes, it is the same thing.
Old 08-13-2012, 23:41   #295
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock13 View Post
You are born black and born a homosexual. Yes, it is the same thing.
Beat me to it!

Nobody chooses to be homosexual any more than we on the hetero side of the fence choose to be attracted to the opposite sex. It's just how you're wired.
Old 08-13-2012, 23:48   #296
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
McArthur, Patton, Bradley, Nimitz, Sgt. York and Audie Murphy

i just suggest that one might have been gay and some of you guys freak out...

for one its very possible one or more was secretly gay...its also possible that one or more cheated on thier wives ,drank too much,cheated on their taxes...these guys were men with all the flaws as the rest of us

and if one are all were gay so what,they wouldnt be your heros ..if you found out patton and bradly were a couple you wouldnt watch the patton movie anymore??? you would forget all the great things these guys did because of who they were sleeping around with,,,thats pathetic
In Patton's case, since he believed in reincarnation and felt he was (among other things) a footsoldier in ancient Greece, and a Carthagenian soldier in Roman times, there's a real chance he might have been a practicing homosexual in any number of past incarnations.

Didn't stop him from kicking Hitler's ass!

Last edited by tsmo1066; 08-13-2012 at 23:49..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 23:49   #297
Phaze5ive

If you have to consciously choose to be attracted to women, you might be gay.
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 00:06   #298
Foxtrotx1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGump View Post
Now that we've broken through the openly gay barrier, I look forward to the day when we have our first polygamist flag officer. If three or more consenting adults love each other, then who are we to say that it's wrong? The perfect candidate would be in loving 4-way bisexual relationship.

You are using the same slippery slope logic that gun rights activists hate so much.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 00:07   #299
Foxtrotx1

I thought men loved it when women please each other?

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 00:12   #300
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGump View Post

Homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle choice' any more than heterosexuality is. Polygamy, however, is a lifestyle choice (and an illegal one).

The analogy above fails on that count.