GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 00:15   #301
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
What does homosexuality have to do with morality?

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (NIV, Romans 1:25-27)
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 00:32   #302
boby
Senior Member
 
boby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (NIV, Romans 1:25-27)
Now try it without quoting a thousand year old book of fairy tales.
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:48   #303
captdreifus
aSun666
 
captdreifus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Now try it without quoting a thousand year old book of fairy tales.
ZIIINGGG!!!!
__________________
"I dont believe in an eye for an eye..I believe in two eyes for an eye" Bas Rutten
captdreifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:40   #304
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
And the Good Ol' Boy network was better than Political Correctness?
I think so, yes. As bad as the GOBN is (and I've dealt with it all my life) it shares most of the fundamental values upon which America was founded. PC, OTOH, was introduced by the likes of Alinsky to factionalize our society and bully anyone who disagrees with the leftist party line. This thread is an excellent example.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:42   #305
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGump View Post
Now that we've broken through the openly gay barrier, I look forward to the day when we have our first polygamist flag officer. If three or more consenting adults love each other, then who are we to say that it's wrong? The perfect candidate would be in loving 4-way bisexual relationship.
Why are you so openly speciest and exclusionary?
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:03   #306
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 33,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Now try it without quoting a thousand year old book of fairy tales.
He believes in that book and moral system - you do not. I also don't believe it, but I know that doesn't make either one of you objectively morally correct.
__________________
Open carry activists are to gun rights what the Westboro Baptist Church is to free speech.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:10   #307
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,350


Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
Now try it without quoting a thousand year old book of fairy tales.


a thousand year old book?


Whatever happened to education in this country?



ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:12   #308
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post

a thousand year old book?


Whatever happened to education in this country?



Too busy teaching about two moms and how MLK saved the world to bother with ancient history.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:13   #309
boby
Senior Member
 
boby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post

a thousand year old book?


Whatever happened to education in this country?



I'm sorry is it more like 4,000 years? Isn't that how old Christians think the world is?
boby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:21   #310
G26S239
NRA Patron
 
G26S239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PRK
Posts: 9,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
I'm sorry is it more like 4,000 years? Isn't that how old Christians think the world is?
Great burn there boby. First you got the age of the Bible wrong and followed up attributing a 4,000 year old Earth to Young Earth Creationist belief when they actually claim the Earth is 6,000 years old. Oh well, it's just numbers.
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 21, 26 X 2, 32 and 36.
Proud member of the PigPen. Embrace the Pignose.
G26S239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:26   #311
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Homosexuality is not a 'lifestyle choice' any more than heterosexuality is. Polygamy, however, is a lifestyle choice (and an illegal one).

The analogy above fails on that count.

Actually, polygamy is the same as homosexuality. It can be just fine as long as it doesn't carry a victim, IE everyone is a consenting adult. Some are "wired" for polygamous relationships, just like how you said some are "wired" for homosexuality.

So yea, I won't mind if an office who is in an openly polygamous relationship gets the promotion. Big deal.....
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28   #312
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by boby View Post
I'm sorry is it more like 4,000 years? Isn't that how old Christians think the world is?
Winnn...

Let them have fun with their delusional fairy tale. I know I like mine... ODIN is lord!!!!!!!

The Furball Forum
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:34   #313
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Too busy teaching about two moms and how MLK saved the world to bother with ancient history.

You can thank that due to the fact republicans have lost their way, and actually advocate a gov't getting involved with schools in the first place!

However, I highly doubt you're as conservative as me when it comes to keeping the gov't out of one's life, and you're likely for a public school system, the same thing that creates the very issues you're complaining about right now.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:36   #314
Jon_R
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Jon_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 4,456
Ok with me other than Tax Payers pay a not insignificant cost for medical coverage of military members and their families. If they can have more then one spouse with no upper bound could get pretty expensive. If a guy has 6 wives and each cranks out a kid per year... Wow money has to come from somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGump View Post
Now that we've broken through the openly gay barrier, I look forward to the day when we have our first polygamist flag officer. If three or more consenting adults love each other, then who are we to say that it's wrong? The perfect candidate would be in loving 4-way bisexual relationship.

Hopefully this individual would be a competent officer too.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52   #315
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post
Ok with me other than Tax Payers pay a not insignificant cost for medical coverage of military members and their families. If they can have more then one spouse with no upper bound could get pretty expensive. If a guy has 6 wives and each cranks out a kid per year... Wow money has to come from somewhere.

Sounds like benefits should be cut to fit the budget accordingly, not social freedoms.

ETA - OR put a cap on how many people (this includes children also) the plan covers under tax payer's dime.

Last edited by OctoberRust; 08-14-2012 at 07:53..
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10   #316
KalashniKEV
Senior Member
 
KalashniKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NoVA
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro Fijo View Post
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-- who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (NIV, Romans 1:25-27)
That still doesn't say anything about "morality."

What does your imaginary friend say about pork in there?

Because I LOVES me some BACON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrotx1
I thought men loved it when women please each other?
These are not men like you and I, they reject American values and culture and seek to substitute their own version of Biblical Sharia.

The Furball Forum
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24   #317
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,655
Blog Entries: 1


Don't honestly care.He don't havta answer ta me.'08.
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35   #318
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
You can thank that due to the fact republicans have lost their way, and actually advocate a gov't getting involved with schools in the first place!

However, I highly doubt you're as conservative as me when it comes to keeping the gov't out of one's life, and you're likely for a public school system, the same thing that creates the very issues you're complaining about right now.
You're wrong, but at least you're consistently wrong.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45   #319
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
You're wrong, but at least you're consistently wrong.

Says the guy who was called out and quoted. Still waiting for you to apologize to everyone for your silly posts in this thread.

Like I said, I'm not expecting much out of you though.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52   #320
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Says the guy who was called out and quoted. Still waiting for you to apologize to everyone for your silly posts in this thread.

Like I said, I'm not expecting much out of you though.
1) The Republicans are not responsible for the idiotic things taught in the public schools.

2) I'm all for keeping the .gov out of schools.

So you're wrong on both points, i.e., you're consistent.

The rest of your drivel is nonsense.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18   #321
Limedust
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDL-UP View Post
Ummagumma and everyone else making this comparison....

Being black and being a practicing homosexual is not the same thing!!!

One is behavior based and one isn't. It's nice for your "cause" or whatever to make that comparison, but it really isn't an apples to apples comparison.
No, they aren't the same thing, but the argument rests on the same principle; both have been discriminated against because of intrinsic, unalterable facets of their lives that aren't correlative to effective exercise of their abilities.

Multiple punctuation points don't make something so.
Limedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:29   #322
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
1) The Republicans are not responsible for the idiotic things taught in the public schools.

2) I'm all for keeping the .gov out of schools.

So you're wrong on both points, i.e., you're consistent.

The rest of your drivel is nonsense.

The republicans are equally responsible since their party platform has since taken out combating public education and making it more privatized.

The rest is Drivel to you because you were called out with UCMJ article 125. You fail to even address it, likely out of being humiliated over being schooled by quite a few GT members.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46   #323
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
The republicans are equally responsible since their party platform has since taken out combating public education and making it more privatized.
I don't see how that makes them responsible for the crap I mentioned.

Quote:
The rest is Drivel to you because you were called out with UCMJ article 125. You fail to even address it, likely out of being humiliated over being schooled by quite a few GT members.
What I said was "Could you post a link to cite that, please? I don't recall that ever being mentioned when I was in." He provided the cite as requested.

Here, I'll address it: THANKS, FN!!!

As for not recalling sodomy ever being mentioned while I was in, I'm not going to apologize for that. Maybe they felt like they needed to mention it to you every day...
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57   #324
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
I don't see how that makes them responsible for the crap I mentioned.

What I said was "Could you post a link to cite that, please? I don't recall that ever being mentioned when I was in." He provided the cite as requested.

Here, I'll address it: THANKS, FN!!!

As for not recalling sodomy ever being mentioned while I was in, I'm not going to apologize for that. Maybe they felt like they needed to mention it to you every day...


Ignorance is no excuse. We quoted the article, and 99%, if not all of the military would be discharged or "punished" if we went by your way of thinking.

Unless you want to tell me you've never engaged in oral sex, regardless if it was heterosexual or not.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:34   #325
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,155


Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Ignorance is no excuse. We quoted the article, and 99%, if not all of the military would be discharged or "punished" if we went by your way of thinking.
My way of thinking? What would that be?

Quote:
Unless you want to tell me you've never engaged in oral sex, regardless if it was heterosexual or not.
Why would I want to discuss my sex life with some stranger on the internet, particularly one who seems to support military officers lying to their selection boards?
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:55.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,262
401 Members
861 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42