Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-12-2012, 23:20   #1
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Petitioned

Well, after several years of consideration, I finally turned in a petition at the local lodge. I have a meeting scheduled with the investigative committee next week. Starting at the start.....wish me luck!

Last edited by AirCav; 04-12-2012 at 23:26..
AirCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:25   #2
Batesmotel

Congratulations. This is the first step in a long and wonderful journey.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:08   #3
Hyksos

If you go far enough back on this forum, you can literally see the exact same post that I made over two years ago. Since then, I have been introduced into an entire world of Brotherhood I never knew existed. I have joined the Scottish and York Rites. I am now an officer of my lodge.

I was able to do all of this while attending law school. It may sound like a lot, but it isn't. I am glad that you made the decision to petition. It is the best thing I ever did. Not one of the best, the best. I hope you have the same experience I had. Happy traveling.
Old 04-14-2012, 21:18   #4
rockymtnhorror

I grew up in DeMolay and have a long history of Masonry in my family. Due to objections from my now ex-wife, I never petitioned a lodge. I corrected that and was raised a few years back. I'm glad I did. You won't regret it.
rockymtnhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:55   #5
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. My meeting is this afternoon at the local lodge. I'm a little bit curious what they will be asking me but I'm sure its no worse than a job interview....right?
Old 04-18-2012, 15:50   #6
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCav View Post
Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. My meeting is this afternoon at the local lodge. I'm a little bit curious what they will be asking me but I'm sure its no worse than a job interview....right?
Fear naught. You will do fine. Keep us posted on your journey. Good luck.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:01   #7
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Turned out to be an enjoyable, low stress event. Almost like just some fellas sitting around and talking.

I was encouraged to find that there were two other petitioners who were attending for the same purpose. That seems like a good sign.

Now, more patience.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:04   #8
Hyksos

Quote:
Turned out to be an enjoyable, low stress event. Almost like just some fellas sitting around and talking.

I was encouraged to find that there were two other petitioners who were attending for the same purpose. That seems like a good sign.

Now, more patience.
These people will more than likely be in your "class." Befriend these men, they will be some of the closest Brothers you have. I went through with 3 other men. Two of them went on their own path, but I have remained good friends with the other Brother. He is a lifetime friend and has since moved to Cali, but I know if I'm ever over there that I have a place to stay and an old friend to converse with.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:34   #9
deputy tom

Good to hear the meeting went well.tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58   #10
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Update?
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:46   #11
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally Vincent View Post
Update?
Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 31st, 2012."

I guess that means that I survived the vote and am about to begin this new journey. What that means, exactly, I don't really know. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm ready to learn.

Last edited by AirCav; 05-18-2012 at 04:37.. Reason: date correction
Old 05-16-2012, 13:27   #12
rockymtnhorror

Congratulations! It's a path well worth traveling. You'll never forget many of the things you'll experience.
rockymtnhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 16:27   #13
deputy tom

Quote:
Sorry 'bout that. After looking back through the archives, I saw that I'd started a thread that's literally been done a number of times before. I kind of decided that this new guy stuff might not interest many of you here. But thanks for asking!

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 21st, 2012."

I guess that means that I survived the vote and am about to begin this new journey. What that means, exactly, I don't really know. I'm a bit apprehensive but I'm ready to learn.
Did you see where I posted fear naught? Don't be apprehensive. Only good things will happen. Trust me. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Old 05-17-2012, 06:50   #14
Marc1956
CLM #66

Quote:

I received a letter from the Lodge Secretary earlier this month that said "Your petition for the three degrees in Masonry has been recommended. The first degree has been set for May 21st, 2012."

I'm almost jealous of the amazing journey you have embarked on. It would be fun to go back and do it again! I was raised in 1984 (YIKES!) and had the honor of raising my best friend in 2010 and my brother-in-law the same year! Listen carefully, speak clearly and enjoy yourself. Remember that every person in the lodge has walked the same path you now find yourself on. Keep us informed as to your progress!
Old 05-31-2012, 20:29   #15
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

Greetings from my lodge's newest Entered Apprentice!

I'm still trying to process the experience. Thanks to those of you who reassured me. I think that apprehension is common when facing an unknown but, as you said, nothing to fear.

And now, the work begins!
Old 05-31-2012, 23:06   #16
Batesmotel

Congratulations and welcome brother.
Old 06-01-2012, 13:17   #17
Rancho_Nirvana
X 1911 Addict

How cool!

It only gets better!

If I may, I would just say that be ready to accomplish things you at first glance will think impossible... ;-) I know I did.

Congrats, keep us up to speed.
21 Club #1642

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Rancho_Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:47   #18
deputy tom

Quote:
Greetings from my lodge's newest Entered Apprentice!

I'm still trying to process the experience. Thanks to those of you who reassured me. I think that apprehension is common when facing an unknown but, as you said, nothing to fear.

And now, the work begins!
Enjoy the journey Brother. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Old 08-13-2012, 23:03   #19
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

-Update-

Greetings from GT's newest Master Mason! I was raised to the Third Degree just a couple hours ago! That was...interesting. I expected something similar to the previous degrees, and wasn't disappointed, but there was just that little something extra that made it all the more memorable! Impressive work by all of the participants.

Thanks, again, for all of the well-wishes. Now, back to work to finish out the degree lectures.
Old 08-13-2012, 23:10   #20
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

You're with a group of fine gentlemen. Congratulations.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote