Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02   #1
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,261
The Third Jihad

So, last night I was in a discussion of why the radical Muslims hate America, discussion with 2 British, 2 Scottish, 1 Welsh NATO soldier and me- a humble American carpenter.

They seem to think the radical Muslims are mad because of our presence in the middle east and our world dominance. The fact that we Americans live so free and full of decadence. I love my friends, but their upbringing in European countries is showing.

America is free because we shed oppressive rule long ago. We created a nation of free thinkers, of free market capitalists who give freedom to other oppressed nations and will defend anyone who desires the same freedoms.

But that's not why the radical Muslims hate us. They hate us because of religion. Period. They want to kill us because of Christianity, not because of freedom. And also our support of Israel, still religion.

It is the third Jihad. The third wave of murder by radical Muslims following their belief that we must be killed.

This idea was immediately shunned by my European friends. They told me I was wrong.

Am I?

BTW my NATO soldier friend agreed with me.
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 08-19-2012 at 11:05..
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:14   #2
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,572
Like the Muslim saying goes: "First Saturday, then Sunday". Referring to sabbath days. First the Jews...then the Christians.

Doesn't seem confusing to me.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17   #3
JBnTX
JB in Tx
 
JBnTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 14,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post

They seem to think the radical Muslims are mad because of our presence in the middle east and our world dominance.

The radical Fundamentalist Islamic movement hates us because the United States is all that stands between them and their goal of world domination and establishing Islam as the world's only religion.

Our presence in the Middle East has pretty much wrecked their plans for an Islamic superstate consisting of all Middle Eastern Muslim countries.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19   #4
Cavalry Doc
Platinum Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 42,175


Sigh. It doesn't have anything to do with us at all. It's them. Their god has promised them that they will rule the earth. Every day there is any nation, tribe, country that is more powerful or has more prestige, is another day that they have not yet been worthy. Every day another people exist that are not under sharia is an affront to their god.

If America and israel suddenly disappeared tomorrow, China would be the great satan.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:28   #5
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,261
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:32   #6
Snowman92D
Senior Member
 
Snowman92D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 4,572
...and if they could somehow destroy every non-Muslim in the world, they'd then split up into factions, declare one another to be "infidels", and start killing each other. Just like always.

I learned the lesson, but they taught the class.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:38   #7
SPIN2010
Searching ...
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: On the move ... again!
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
... they'd then split up into factions, declare one another to be "infidels", and start killing each other.
Sadly, I like the sound of this part.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39   #8
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew
 
concretefuzzynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VB, VA
Posts: 6,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Sadly, I like the sound of this part.
Yup. They can start now. Times a waistin!
__________________
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:12   #9
GAFinch
Senior Member
 
GAFinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,793
Look at Spain. A few years ago they had an election coming up between the ruling party which supported Spain's assistance in the GWOT and the socialist party which supported withdrawing their troops. The jihadists bombed their subway right before the election, the scared Spaniards put the socialists in power, then the jihadists irrationally tried to do another bombing anyway.

Yes, they attack countries that stand up to them, but they also bully countries that don't. They're taking over Africa by the sword at the local level, taking over Europe by a peaceful war of attrition, are in the early stages of infiltrating the US, and are entrenched in the drug trade in several Latin American countries.

The Islamists constantly talk of peace, which sounds great to well-meaning liberals, but, from the Islamists' perspective, peace is only achieved when the whole world is under Islamic control.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:21   #10
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
Sigh. It doesn't have anything to do with us at all. It's them. Their god has promised them that they will rule the earth. Every day there is any nation, tribe, country that is more powerful or has more prestige, is another day that they have not yet been worthy. Every day another people exist that are not under sharia is an affront to their god.

If America and israel suddenly disappeared tomorrow, China would be the great satan.

I spent several year in college with many of them and ^^^this is the correct answer.

The problem we have in the west is that once one of our fellow citizens brains have tilted too far to the left they can no longer grasp this concept. It is like trying to explain the color and shades of purple to someone blind since birth.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:25   #11
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 19,260


I think we are hated because we have so much freedom. We are not limited in our rights to pick and choose government.

We are permitted too much freedom in thinking and action by "our" religions.

I think some Religious people believe we don't suffer enough for our God, as they do.

We have so much because we have so little outside control over us by other people and this excess is hated by those that want it, but don't have it.

I think people of other countries dislike or hate us for the same reasons that people on government entitlement programs hate the ones that pay their bills. They feel cheated because they don't get more of whatever they get or want.

I think we represent change, and those that have more then their neighbors, do not want change. Change is the unknown and many fear the unknown.

Basically, others want what we have but feel unable to achieve it, so we must be punished for our excesses (under the guise of religion).


But -- What do I know, I am happy the way I am.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 15:17   #12
rgregoryb
Sapere aude
 
rgregoryb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Republic of Alabama
Posts: 12,841


I think it's because they wipe their butts with their hand.................toilet paper............they want our toilet paper.

Actually it'e because they are religious whackos with an IQ slightly above freezing.
__________________
"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

"demography is destiny"
rgregoryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 15:25   #13
Drjones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: CA, just outside the United States
Posts: 17,908
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via AIM to Drjones


Didn't Bin Laden himself repeatedly say that they are fighting jihad against us infidels because of our continued presence in their countries?

I'd be willing to do this:

Give them what they want. Withdraw entirely from any and all muslim countries.

We get hit with one more terrorist attack, we nuke mecca and then another muslim city each week, until they are all gone.

Seems fair to me.
__________________
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
Drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:05   #14
PaulMason
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
This idea was immediately shunned by my European friends. They told me I was wrong.

Am I?

BTW my NATO soldier friend agreed with me.
You are wrong in thinking that there is one reason.

Religion
Presence in their country
Support for Israel
Global power to blame all the ills of Muslims on
Spreading secular thinking into their countries - women's lib, pornography, etc

Last edited by PaulMason; 08-19-2012 at 16:16..
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:15   #15
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 7,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
So, last night I was in a discussion of why the radical Muslims hate America, discussion with 2 British, 2 Scottish, 1 Welsh NATO soldier and me- a humble American carpenter.

They seem to think the radical Muslims are mad because of our presence in the middle east and our world dominance. The fact that we Americans live so free and full of decadence. I love my friends, but their upbringing in European countries is showing.

America is free because we shed oppressive rule long ago. We created a nation of free thinkers, of free market capitalists who give freedom to other oppressed nations and will defend anyone who desires the same freedoms.

But that's not why the radical Muslims hate us. They hate us because of religion. Period. They want to kill us because of Christianity, not because of freedom. And also our support of Israel, still religion.

It is the third Jihad. The third wave of murder by radical Muslims following their belief that we must be killed.

This idea was immediately shunned by my European friends. They told me I was wrong.

Am I?

BTW my NATO soldier friend agreed with me.

Your not wrong....If one doesnt read "their book of Peace"....One would be an Infidel in their eyes......It was a mistake of time & money (by the west) trying to educate these folks and giving them tecknowledgy & money.....Now...Iraq is helping Iran ....These folks understand only one thing...............
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:19   #16
countrygun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
You are wrong in thinking that there is one reason.

Religion
Presence in their country
Support for Israel
Global power to blame all the ills of Muslims on
Spreading secular thinking into their countries - women's lib, pornography, etc

I am not too sure what your fourth point is about ("Global power....)

but it seems to me that support for Israel, and the spreading of secular thinking, are directly related to their religion.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:20   #17
The Viking
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
...and if they could somehow destroy every non-Muslim in the world, they'd then split up into factions, declare one another to be "infidels", and start killing each other. Just like always.

I learned the lesson, but they taught the class.
They already have. The Shia hate the Sunni and vice versa. The Arabs hate the Perisians and vice versa. Everybody else is an infidel and to be hated or subjugated under Muslim rule and/or both.
The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:21   #18
The Viking
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I am not too sure what your fourth point is about ("Global power....)

but it seems to me that support for Israel, and the spreading of secular thinking, are directly related to their religion.
They are not secular. Sharia governs their life and is their state religion.
The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:23   #19
The Viking
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
You are wrong in thinking that there is one reason.

Religion
Presence in their country
Support for Israel
Global power to blame all the ills of Muslims on
Spreading secular thinking into their countries - women's lib, pornography, etc
Primarily religion though.
The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 16:28   #20
PaulMason
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
I am not too sure what your fourth point is about ("Global power....)

but it seems to me that support for Israel, and the spreading of secular thinking, are directly related to their religion.
What aren't you sure about - Global power ...

Secular thinking/culture is can be a religious issue and additionally a cultural one. They are not always the same.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,092
288 Members
804 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31