Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-26-2012, 23:21   #1

Speaking of Religious Accommodation: does religious freedom trump security?

American Taliban seeks group prayer in Ind. prison
http://news.yahoo.com/american-talib...171224890.html

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 00:35   #2
Blast
'nuff said

No. Regardless of religious affiliation.
Old 08-27-2012, 00:43   #3
High-Gear

First when I read "American Taliban" I thought you were referring to Snowbird.

I'll be interested to see people's responses.

Will the religious on this forum who would usually follow the saying "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." bend when it pertains to muslims being the ones losing their liberty? Do they only care when it is their rights being taken away?

Or

Will they stand up for fellow followers of faith? Does the 1A apply to everyone?

Last edited by High-Gear; 08-27-2012 at 00:45..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03   #4
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post

They were free at one time. Now they are not.

The prison system is in charge of how much of anything they get. That includes religion.

Jail has got to suck or we would all go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by NMG26; 08-27-2012 at 04:04..
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:51   #5
Bren
NRA Life Member

The prison has to show a legitimate reason for not allowing it, if it's part of his religion. Security is a legitimate reason. The weakness is that they have to get a judge to agree with them and the judge may turn out to be anything from a soldier who has served in combat to the typical limpwristed, suburban, minivan-driving POS who goes from high school to college to law school with no life experience (a liberal/Democrat, I believe they are called).

Last edited by Bren; 08-27-2012 at 15:07..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 14:53   #6
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
First when I read "American Taliban" I thought you were referring to Snowbird.
What you're hinting at obliquely is, you support John Walker Lindh, an American traitor who was caught red-handed fighting with an enemy unit AGAINST American soldiers.

He was fighting to take away our rights. He was trying to kill US troops. That's called treason.

If an American traitor had been caught fighting on the side of the Nazis, there wouldn't have been any debate about giving him all kinds of 'rights' in prison, as if it's like a burger joint where you 'can have it your way'. He would have been tried and executed. That's what should have happened to this traitor, but today our society has rotted from within by leftists and too many people's lack of will to do what's right.

God save America.
Old 08-27-2012, 15:12   #7
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
What you're hinting at obliquely is, you support John Walker Lindh, an American traitor who was caught red-handed fighting with an enemy unit AGAINST American soldiers.

He was fighting to take away our rights. He was trying to kill US troops. That's called treason.

If an American traitor had been caught fighting on the side of the Nazis, there wouldn't have been any debate about giving him all kinds of 'rights' in prison, as if it's like a burger joint where you 'can have it your way'. He would have been tried and executed. That's what should have happened to this traitor, but today our society has rotted from within by leftists and too many people's lack of will to do what's right.

God save America.
Actually, let's say the person is a military officer, who defected to the Nazis and joined the SS, by flying to Italy in a stolen U.S. aircraft, and after the war surrended to the U.S. still in his SS uniform.

He'd get 25 years and get parolled in half of that. He'd be named Martin James Monti.

Last edited by Bren; 08-27-2012 at 15:13..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 15:55   #8
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Actually, let's say the person is a military officer, who defected to the Nazis and joined the SS, by flying to Italy in a stolen U.S. aircraft, and after the war surrended to the U.S. still in his SS uniform.

He'd get 25 years and get parolled in half of that. He'd be named Martin James Monti.
I never heard of the guy, thanks for bringing him to my attention. Our security was pretty lax to let him get away with all of that (but we still have lousy security. Nobody in authority, except one brave Arizona sheriff, has checked out our commander-in-chief's shady past. He found Hussein's birth certificate, as posted online, to be phony. Our borders seem pretty much open too).

It's said Monti's IQ was over 130. But defecting to the Nazis in late 1944 doesn't seem very brilliant, never mind the immorality of it. Smart people don't have to be decent, and they don't have to have common sense either, it seems.

Again, God save America.
Old 08-27-2012, 22:23   #9
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I never heard of the guy, thanks for bringing him to my attention. Our security was pretty lax to let him get away with all of that (but we still have lousy security. Nobody in authority, except one brave Arizona sheriff, has checked out our commander-in-chief's shady past. He found Hussein's birth certificate, as posted online, to be phony. Our borders seem pretty much open too).
The fact that you revere a man who can't be bothered to do the job he was elected to instead of grasping at any bit of attention he can find says a lot about your character.
Quote:
It's said Monti's IQ was over 130. But defecting to the Nazis in late 1944 doesn't seem very brilliant, never mind the immorality of it. Smart people don't have to be decent, and they don't have to have common sense either, it seems.
Are you actually acknowledging you were wrong?
Quote:
Again, God save America.
You say this, then advocate discarding every fundamental ideal of the United States. Clearly, you have discovered that IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:45   #10
High-Gear

Quote:

God save America.
No, what I was blatently saying is YOU are representative of the same extreme fundamentalist ideology as the Taliban, just with a different god.

Why do you work so hard to try to paint me as being a supporter of Islam. If I disagree with you, I'm a supporter of Jihad. Guess what? You sir are not representative of the spirit of America. You represent what this country was founded against. You represent Religious Fanatic Tyrany.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:49   #11
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You ... advocate discarding every fundamental ideal of the United States.
Says the toady for Islam.

Newsflash: our Constitution does not require that we allow unlimited Muslim immigration, with its predictable result of liberty-ending sharia tyranny, as a "fundamental ideal".
Old 08-28-2012, 06:55   #12
dbcooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
They were free at one time. Now they are not.

The prison system is in charge of how much of anything they get. That includes religion.

Jail has got to suck or we would all go.

This.

It's not like they can't pray, they just can't do it as a group.

Part of being caught is losing certian rights, and the right to assemble is the first to go, hence the cells
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01   #13
snowbird

Quote:
YOU are representative of the same extreme fundamentalist ideology as the Taliban, just with a different god.

Why do you work so hard to try to paint me as being a supporter of Islam.
You are parroting the false "moral equivalency" argument, which claims that "Christianity is just as bad as Islam". As of today, Islam has launched 19,508 deadly terror attacks just since 9/11, while in the same time frame, Christianity has launched zero. Saying Christianity is a terrorist political cult just as Islam is, is a lie. No matter how many times you call an apple an orange, it's still an apple.

The truth is, Christianity gave the world a Neil Armstrong who rode a rocket to the moon and back. Islam is still giving the world rocket attacks on civilians. Professor of Political Science at Port Said University, Gamal Zahran, says, "By next year, Allah willing, Israel will be annihilated".

Making false moral equivalency arguments helps enable (supports) Islamosupremacism, which is waging jihad warfare against us. This is not rocket science. If you don't want to be "painted as a supporter of Islam", then stop supporting Islam.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:15   #14
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Says the toady for Islam.
Says the consistently dishonest participant in the discussion.
Quote:
Newsflash: our Constitution does not require that we allow unlimited Muslim immigration, with its predictable result of liberty-ending sharia tyranny, as a "fundamental ideal".
Newsflash: No one is claiming the Constitution requires unlimited Muslim immigration.
Old 08-28-2012, 13:34   #15
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Says the consistently dishonest participant in the discussion.

Newsflash: No one is claiming the Constitution requires unlimited Muslim immigration.
For a non-Muslim, you sure do a lot of takiyya. Oh, I forgot; lefties are licensed to lie as well.

While you've been busy slandering counterjihadists, your peaceful Muslims have increased their total number of deadly attacks, just since 9/11, to 19,512.

Proud of your dhimmitude now?

You sound like Islamosupremacist Turkey. A Turkish parliamentarian has now accused the French government of 'hate speech' for mentioning the Armenian Genocide in textbooks. Just like Animal Mother calling Snowbird a "hater" for mentioning the Armenian Genocide, in which Muslims murdered 1.5 million innocent Christian men, women, and children.

Guess what; our Constitution doesn't endorse events such as the Armenian Genocide under the First Amendment's freedom of religion clause, no matter what you may think. And since you claim that I "advocate discarding every fundamental ideal of the U.S.", how about you list a half dozen or so of said ideals that you think I want to discard?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-2012, 13:54   #16
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
As far as I'm concerned that scumbag gave up his rights when he aided the Taliban in their efforts to fight us.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 13:59   #17
Altaris

Quote:

The truth is, Christianity gave the world a Neil Armstrong who rode a rocket to the moon and back. Islam is still giving the world rocket attacks on civilians. Professor of Political Science at Port Said University, Gamal Zahran, says, "By next year, Allah willing, Israel will be annihilated".
Science gave the world heroes like Neil Armstrong and the ability for us to travel into space, not Christianity. Science is able to accomplish great feats in spite of religion, not because of it.

If Christian fundamentalists were left unchecked they would be covering up the women, punishing people with their morality police, and would be dragging us back to the caves, just like Islam.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 15:00   #18
High-Gear

Quote:
You are parroting the false "moral equivalency" argument, which claims that "Christianity is just as bad as Islam". As of today, Islam has launched 19,508 deadly terror attacks just since 9/11, while in the same time frame, Christianity has launched zero. Saying Christianity is a terrorist political cult just as Islam is, is a lie. No matter how many times you call an apple an orange, it's still an apple.

Making false moral equivalency arguments helps enable (supports) Islamosupremacism, which is waging jihad warfare against us. This is not rocket science. If you don't want to be "painted as a supporter of Islam", then stop supporting Islam.
I said you are a fanatic. Again just because I don't agree with you does not mean I support islam. I just don't want to live in Snowbirdistan.
Old 08-28-2012, 17:29   #19
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Science gave the world heroes like Neil Armstrong
Who was a practicing Lutheran.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 18:00   #20
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
I just don't want to live in Snowbirdistan.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote