Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-27-2014, 21:21   #1
weems76

930 jm 22"

Hey guys, Just wanted to post about a very cool person and an amazing shooter who just gave me a gift that just about had me blubbering like a baby. So I am in no way a 3 gunner, but I have had the opportunity to do some non-sanctioned but very safe and structured private three gun courses. I have numerous pistols and rifles suitable for three gun but my shotgun was lacking, for me a shotgun was always a short barreled property defender or a fowling piece.

In these informal competitions a family member of mine let me use his back-up super 90, he actually just let me keep care of it for close to 2 years. He is an accomplished shooter but he asked that I do not name him in a public post so I will refer to him as MS. 6 mos ago we received the worst news a family could get, his beautiful wife of 7 years was given less than a month. Cancer found her lungs and spread to her Lymphatic system. She was so fricking tough that she just lived with it and by the time she couldn't gut it out anymore, it was too late.

Today MS shared 2 letters with me, both from his wife. The first was to him and essentially said please keep doing what you love and know that I am waiting for you patiently and will be angry with you if you don't continue living life well.

The second letter was regarding our family and she asked MS to make sure that he continued to be strong and protective of his own.

Today MS let me know that he was going to continue to shoot and that the funeral took a financial toll on him even with our families help, he asked me if he could have his super 90 back as his original was just worn out. Of course I immediately drove to his home and gave him back the weapon he so graciously loaned me.

After a beer and a bit of conversation I took my leave of MS, when I got to my truck and started to get in I noticed a big blue and yellow box in the bed of my truck.

The box had a sticky note attached, it said "my wife told me to continue to seek happiness" and I need my shotgun to run competitions, she also said to always take care of the family, so please accept this gift, I would never leave you unprotected.
Tactical Shotguns
Tactical Shotguns
Old 07-28-2014, 05:12   #2
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Wow, I don't know what to say.

You have a true friend there.

Cherish it.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 13:05   #3
MarkCO
CLM Number 245
Charter Lifetime Member

Humbling and Awesome all at once.
.40 S&W Club #1, 1911 Club #1067
NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
www.CarbonArms.us
MarkCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 13:26   #4
weems76

Love it

So I went and shot my new 930 JM today, it isn't quite as smooth as the super 90 but to be honest I am not accomplished enough to need anything like the super 90, I put about 300 shells through it today, with MS, we both had the biggest shyt eating grins on our faces. I know that his lady is looking down right now and smiling because we had a great time.

Thank you to the last poster' you are absolutely right, what a good thing to come from something terrible, I must use your word as it is perfect ....humbling. I have quite a few firearms but this 930 will always be my favorite. Thank you to all that replied, or maybe just even took the time to read my long post.

I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't tell you folks that the 930 worked flawlessly, to be honest I would not care if it was a worthless brick, it reminds me of a beautiful person who I only got to know for about 8 years. It was a very fun and happy 8 years.
Old 07-28-2014, 13:37   #5
TK-421

I think that's an excellent story, and MS is a true friend, and that's a sweet shotgun. Hope it works great for you, as I'm planning on picking one up to run in 3 gun, and I don't want to pick up something that won't be awesome. But I have faith it will be great.

"Jesus died for your sins, right? Get your money's worth."
- Chad Daniels
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 13:45   #6
weems76

Tanks

I appreciate your reply sir and thanks for the well wishes. I wish I could post something objective about this firearm but I really just can't. It is the best shotgun on earth for me.
Old 08-03-2014, 13:31   #7
r3dot

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote