Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:30   #1
Kwesi

Dan Wesson RZ-10: Need Educating

Please educate me on the quality and value. My only 1911's are a Colt Delta Elite 10 and EAA Witness Limited 10. I've been offered a used RZ10 that looks to be stainless steel with grooved black rubber grips. Owner states 200 rounds fired and pics show it to be in very nice condition. Asking $900 with two mags. While I don't need another 10mm I have read good comments about these guns & always interested in a "good deal". Please advise
Kwesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23   #2
dsb1829

Dan Wesson makes a very nice 1911. We have had one of the 10mm on the local arms list. It started at $1100 and is now down to $950. IMO $900 is probably what the market will bear.
dsb1829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47   #3
alwaysshootin

If it's a firearm you want, and, know how to look it over to make sure it hasn't been misrepresented, I would think that would be a nice 10MM to add to your stable. Although I've never owned a Dan Wesson, I know a couple that have, and, read all I can about them. Nothing, but high praise, have I heard! That being said, other then the Delta, I know of no other 1911, in 10MM, that can be had for under a grand. I have a Kimber, and I wouldn't trade it for a Delta. If I had a DW, it too, would not be traded, for the Colt. Lastly, how much are the DW's new? Best I can figure, much more than $900!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50   #4
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
Please educate me on the quality and value. My only 1911's are a Colt Delta Elite 10 and EAA Witness Limited 10. I've been offered a used RZ10 that looks to be stainless steel with grooved black rubber grips. Owner states 200 rounds fired and pics show it to be in very nice condition. Asking $900 with two mags. While I don't need another 10mm I have read good comments about these guns & always interested in a "good deal". Please advise
Kwesi,

I had a DW Razorback (2006 model IIRC) and found it to be an extremely fine firearm. I loved my RZ. The only ... and I mean ONLY ... reason I sold it is to fund a custom Fusion Longslide 6" 10mm... otherwise, I'd still own it. It was deadly accurate (got my first 10mm deer with it), very reliable and handled full power 10mm like a champ. I highly recommend them.

I bought a scratch and dent RZ for $825 plus FFL/Shipping and that was when they were cheap. I'd say 900 is fair price from what you know about it.

Go for it!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 15:41   #5
Kwesi

Don't know when it was built but it does have serrations at the front and rear of the slide. The photo that I found of the newer productions only near the hammer end. Does this add'l info have any bearing on your opinions?
Old 08-29-2012, 17:29   #6
Kwesi

Update: might be a scammer. I asked the seller if the three pics he sent were actual photo's. He replied "of course". I replied really, then why is the exact pic of photo #3 listed on the internet as images?
Old 08-29-2012, 17:53   #7
Morley Menthols

I purchased a new RZ-10 once. I'll never do that again! I suppose you would like to have some reasons why. Well, it would not feed any brand of 10mm ammo that I had into the chamber. If I hand fed one into the chamber and then fired it would not eject. All it ever did was give me high blood pressure. No, $900 is too much. $9 is too much! Just my $1000 opinion. Maybe you should consider other 10mm pistols.
Old 08-29-2012, 20:20   #8
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwesi View Post
Don't know when it was built but it does have serrations at the front and rear of the slide. The photo that I found of the newer productions only near the hammer end. Does this add'l info have any bearing on your opinions?
Front cocking serrations generally means it's an older RZ. The older ones were mostly hand-made but the newer ones were made on CZ's new machines. The old ones had forged slides and frames but honestly it's a toss up which ones are nicer. They are all VERY nice. TOP NOTCH customer service, as well.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is online now   Reply With Quote