Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:13   #1
SoCalG35

Have you ever got taken on a sale over the internet?

I'd like to hear your story...

Here's mines...

Damn... I think I just got taken ... and I always thought it would never happen to me. I saw a classified ad for a NIB Burris Fastfire 2 for really cheap. Emailed the seller that I wanted to buy it. Told me it would be $10 more to ship... With shipping cost, it was an awesome deal I just couldn't pass up! Days after... I haven't heard anything for the seller since he received my Postal money order. Don't say it guys, I know stupid move on my part send a money order, and it was a Postal. Just my luck buying unsecured over the internet. I had to learn the hard way.

I'm hoping I'm just jumping the gun on things and he comes through at the end...

Life's lessons brings wisdom,
SoCalG35

Last edited by SoCalG35; 09-01-2012 at 12:16..
SoCalG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 19:32   #2
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Was it in the GT classifieds?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:41   #3
SoCalG35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Was it in the GT classifieds?
No it wasn't... I've bought several things on GT with no problems at all.
Old 09-04-2012, 15:06   #4
rednoved
NRA Member

Did you send the money order to a PO Box, home address, or business address? Did you ever have phone contact with this person, or just emails?

Last edited by rednoved; 09-04-2012 at 15:06..
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 15:47   #5
SoCalG35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednoved View Post
Did you send the money order to a PO Box, home address, or business address? Did you ever have phone contact with this person, or just emails?
I sent Postal money order to a home address... Everything was just emails... no phone contact.
Old 09-05-2012, 16:52   #6
rednoved
NRA Member

Is the classified still up? Maybe one of us can shoot an email as an interested buyer and see if he replies to it. If he replies to us, at least you will know he is ignoring you for sure.

Did you get a name? If after a while it really seems like you have been scammed, you should post the email address, physical shipping address, name and as much information as you can. Maybe we can do some detective work......
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:56   #7
SoCalG35

After a whole month of waiting, the seller calls me last week to tell me the sight is not working. WTF! Why you would place an ad for something that isn't working? He should of checked it before he placed that ad.. wouldn't you think? At any rate, he called to let me know he will be sending my postal money order back to me, which I received today. I only waited over a month for nothing, but the whole time thinking "HE TOOK MY MONEY". What an experience... Not sure if I will do another transaction like this again.
Old 09-21-2012, 13:27   #8
PhotoFeller

I've never actually lost on an Internet deal, but like you I had a scare.

I bought a S&W 629 on Gunbroker that was advertised as LNIB. When it arrived, there was lots of rust on all the non-stainless parts (trigger, sights). I sent close-up pics to the seller, and he asked me to return the gun for his inspection. Thus, he had my money (paid with money order) and the gun, and I had nothing.

Luckily, the guy sent me a refund check for the gun, shipping cost and my FFL fee of $30. All I lost was the return shipping charge and my $5 background check fee.

For me, the best way to pay for an Internet deal is with Visa. If the merchandise doesn't show up or if its not in the advertised condition, the transaction can be challenged and the charge will be suspended (not charged to my account); at this point, I have leverage to protect against a loss. The credit card fee of $15 on a $500 purchase is worth it to me for the protection, to avoid the money order cost and to keep from waiting in line at the post office.

I buy lots of stuff on the Internet with Visa. It sure works for me with minimal risk and many advantages.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 09-21-2012 at 13:30..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote