SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2012, 19:46   #21
irwig05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
I'm of the opinion that 99.9% of the people that buy night sights have never used their guns at night in a life and death situation. You are better off investing in a gun light. Night sights are the solution to a problem that never existed.
Exactly.
irwig05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:41   #22
Jim S.

XS Big Dot 24/7's.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:57   #23
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I like two myself. Lately I've been a big fan of the Ameriglo I-Dot (reg or Pro). They are basically Heinie Straight 8's except they cost about $60 from CheaperThanDirt. They are a 2-dot system and they're awesome...and very affordable.

My other favorite is the Ameriglo Operators. Green/green of course but they're great for more traditional 3-dot system, but actually gives you a good clear sight picture, which is my chief complaint against Glock brand (Meprolight) night sights.

I don't care for Glock night sights simply because they're too crowded, not the best sight picture. The XS big dot system seems popular but gives the shooter an odd sight picture that doesn't seem to me to be the most precise. Ameriglo is the way to go IMHO. The

Last edited by SDGlock23; 09-23-2012 at 08:59..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01   #24
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

The I-Dot's are awesome. $60 for regular (white dot) or $70 for yellow or orange outlined front sight from CheaperThanDirt, shipping is about $5.

Last edited by SDGlock23; 09-23-2012 at 09:02..
SDGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 18:39   #25
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
XS Big Dot 24/7's.
Recently I bought myself a replacement handgun for my duty gun which I really don't like. It is approved (17C) other than I was told I was required to have three dot night sights. I had some on my 23C so I just moved them over to my 17C so it would meet the requirement. I've got a missing order from Lone Wolf right now with some plain Defoor sights so I wanted something right then for my 23C.

Nothing but fiber optic (which all looked fragile) or night sights. Luckily their were some XS Big Dot Night Sights that would fit my Glock. I figured if I didn't like them I could always sell them off easily and it's not like I can go around with no sights so why not try them. Had them put on, went strait to the range, and frankly I was shocked. Not only were they easy and fast on target right away but every bit as accurate at my previous sights. I could see where someone might have problems placing the exact top of that big dot where they want it to be but for me it's pretty easy. I still say night sights are the solution to a problem that really doesn't exist and they'd do the same thing if they were a plain huge dot with a plain i but I'm still pretty happy with them.
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 18:52   #26
Green Mountain Boy

I just had TRU Glo TFOs put on my 27 gen 4. They are great for dusk and give good site picture. I ccw with a handheld light but these would help for sure.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 20:02   #27
wlkjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
The I-Dot's are awesome. $60 for regular (white dot) or $70 for yellow or orange outlined front sight from CheaperThanDirt, shipping is about $5.
Shipping $5 and processing another $12 and if ordering 2 items and the second comes from another warehouse, another $12. At least that's been my experience.
wlkjr is offline   Reply With Quote