SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-11-2012, 16:40   #1
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
My daughter Ranger

Got a call today from the doctor that has been trying to diagnose Ranger's stomach issues. She has stomach pain after every meal. She drinks apple juice to help the pain go away, and has a medicine that she puts under her tongue that is suppose to help too.

The doctor had an ultrasound done. They found a growth on her liver. They are going to do more blood tests and an MRI to try to find out what it is. I told her they may be zeroing in on her troubles and what they told me and now she is stressing really bad. She is having anxiety issues.

Also, she was suppose to graduate to a cane after being in a wheel chair for 4 months and on a walker for 7 months, but the cane that another GTer was going to make for her is not going to be available after all. Iím praying for an angel to help with Christmas this year and the main gift we are going to pray for her to receive is a cane.

Prayers and good thoughts are welcome, and would be totally appreciated.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 16:48   #2
G-19

Prayer sent.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 16:53   #3
VELO

If this would work...

I'll have it sent your way immediately.
VELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 17:13   #4
glockrod
NRA-Endow. Life

I remember, but am fuzzy on the details

The story of your daughter.

Also, (I think it was you) that was having problems with your rapist possibly getting out of jail.

If my memory is correct, I wish you all the best with your troubles.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Rod
Old 09-11-2012, 18:03   #5
Lady Glock

She is 17 years old and when we took her to the drugstore to measure what length she would need, it measured at 33.25". The 30" would be too short and would make it difficult for her to walk with it. There is a 36", in RED that is the same price...here is the link...is that possible instead?

Old 09-11-2012, 18:14   #6
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockrod View Post
The story of your daughter.

Also, (I think it was you) that was having problems with your rapist possibly getting out of jail.

If my memory is correct, I wish you all the best with your troubles.

I wish you and your daughter the best.

Rod
There have been several things about Ranger posted...she woke up over a year ago with her legs not working. They put her in a wheel chair, 4 months later she was in therapy and they got her walking on a walker...then they said she could go to a cane but we haven't been able to get it yet.

Also, she was fondled at 13 years old by a 37 year old man that she thought she could trust...he was sentenced to 30 days in jail, 5000 dollar fine and 2 years probation. I have received 2 emails that he has violated is probation, but they refuse to properly penalize him.

She has had stomach problems since she was small...I mentioned it to doctors all through the years, but this is the first doctor that has attempted to find a reason for it. They have done a colonoscopy, restricted diet, ultrasound, and now they are doing an MRI after finding a growth on her liver with the ultrasound. They are not sure if it is a tumor or what it is.

You are correct about my issue...Blessedly, my rapist was denied parole. 3 more years before he comes before the board again.

Thank you for the good wishes. They are appreciated!

Old 09-11-2012, 18:26   #7
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I see I've got an old 36" very old and worn old cane that might have been my Grandpa's She really needs one measured for her size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 18:26   #8
VELO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
She is 17 years old and when we took her to the drugstore to measure what length she would need, it measured at 33.25". The 30" would be too short and would make it difficult for her to walk with it. There is a 36", in RED that is the same price...here is the link...is that possible instead?

Amazon.com: REAL RED WALKING CANE - 36 inch solid wood - from Lorraine's Canes -- Why be boring. When life calls for a cane - Step Out In Style. -- See all our unique canes for kids and adults - click on other products from Lorraines Canes.: Health & Personal Care
Of course! I didn't know she was 17. Would she prefer metal over wood? Maybe you guys could poke around online and see if there's something else she would like better. Let me know and I'll make it happen.
Old 09-11-2012, 18:29   #9
kiole

That one is adjustable and "girly", id be happy to purchase it. Wish i knew about this earlier. Pick any cane off amazon.com and PM your address and ill have it sent.

Last edited by kiole; 09-11-2012 at 18:30..
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 18:54   #10
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

I will keep you and your angel in my thoughts and prayers.

Damn, when it rain, it's a deluge.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 18:58   #11
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Got a call today from the doctor that has been trying to diagnose Ranger's stomach issues. She has stomach pain after every meal. She drinks apple juice to help the pain go away, and has a medicine that she puts under her tongue that is suppose to help too.

The doctor had an ultrasound done. They found a growth on her liver. They are going to do more blood tests and an MRI to try to find out what it is. I told her they may be zeroing in on her troubles and what they told me and now she is stressing really bad. She is having anxiety issues.

Also, she was suppose to graduate to a cane after being in a wheel chair for 4 months and on a walker for 7 months, but the cane that another GTer was going to make for her is not going to be available after all. Iím praying for an angel to help with Christmas this year and the main gift we are going to pray for her to receive is a cane.

Prayers and good thoughts are welcome, and would be totally appreciated.
I guarantee her a cane and sooner than Christmas. Relative height and weight will help unless you have a particular model in mind. Send a link or required info via PM.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 19:05   #12
Lady Glock

She likes this one. One thing about her condition, she has no balance. She would benefit from having one for each side, but I don't want to appear greedy. If both of you want to get her one, that would be great...if not...then if VELO is willing to get this one, they were the first to offer and it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know...After this, we can take it to PM. Thank you so much!!

Old 09-11-2012, 19:07   #13
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I will keep you and your angel in my thoughts and prayers.

Damn, when it rain, it's a deluge.
Thank you so much my friend...it will get better, I am prayerful that I will get a job and get back on my feet...hopefully in time for Christmas.

Old 09-11-2012, 19:07   #14
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
She likes this one. One thing about her condition, she has no balance. She would benefit from having one for each side, but I don't want to appear greedy. If both of you want to get her one, that would be great...if not...then if VELO is willing to get this one, they were the first to offer and it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know...After this, we can take it to PM. Thank you so much!!

Amazon.com: Royal Canes Purple Majesty Folding Adjustable Designer Derby Walking Cane with E: Health & Personal Care
Send a shipping address. I'll order now and I'm sure she will have spares.

Old 09-11-2012, 19:10   #15
kiole

Quote:

Amazon.com: Royal Canes Purple Majesty Folding Adjustable Designer Derby Walking Cane with E: Health & Personal Care
Id be more the happy to get her one of those if someone wants to get the second one. Just PM your info.
Old 09-11-2012, 19:13   #16
VELO

I'll get one and Syntax can get one and it sounds like you guys will be all set. PM shipping info and it will be on its way!
Old 09-11-2012, 19:18   #17
kiole

I just ordered the one off amazon you listed and had it sent 2day shipping to the address.
Old 09-11-2012, 19:21   #18
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Done and shipped.

Old 09-11-2012, 19:21   #19
Lady Glock

PMs sent. Thank you so much!

Old 09-11-2012, 19:32   #20
VELO

Well, heck! I guess I'm out! Syntax and Kyle beat me to it!

Great job folks. That's what community is all about. If there's anything I can help with LadyGlock please let me know.
Old 09-11-2012, 19:35   #21
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELO View Post
Well, heck! I guess I'm out! Syntax and Kyle beat me to it!

Great job folks. That's what community is all about. If there's anything I can help with LadyGlock please let me know.
Thank you so much. Prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated for Ranger and for me to have a job before Christmas so I can provide a good holiday for the kids. I have been looking for 2 years now. I'm praying the job market will get better SOON.

Old 09-11-2012, 20:24   #22
Dan_ntx

I had a minor back surgery a couple of years ago and have an aluminum cane that is adjustable...I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'1" and used it after her minor back surgery comfortably... I also may have a height adjustable aluminum walker around here somewhere. If you are interested just PM me an address and I will get them to you.

I wish I had more to offer... And if you have a GT fundraiser shoot me a PM as well.

Never hesitate to ask for a helping hand when you are surrounded by good people and good shooters the caliber of those on GT...you and Ranger are welcome to anything I (and many others here) have to offer.

Dan
Dan_ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 20:31   #23
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Since I am late on the cane, I'll start working on the job thing......

The Okie Corral
Old 09-11-2012, 20:32   #24
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ntx View Post
I had a minor back surgery a couple of years ago and have an aluminum cane that is adjustable...I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'1" and used it after her minor back surgery comfortably... I also may have a height adjustable aluminum walker around here somewhere. If you are interested just PM me an address and I will get them to you.

I wish I had more to offer... And if you have a GT fundraiser shoot me a PM as well.

Never hesitate to ask for a helping hand when you are surrounded by good people and good shooters the caliber of those on GT...you and Ranger are welcome to anything I (and many others here) have to offer.

Dan
We have been blessed with 2 canes for her through this thread. She will be much more comfortable having one for each side until she gets her balance back! Not sure how to have a GT fundraiser...last time I posted something that I was trying to raise money for gas to make it to a job interview, the thread was locked.

Old 09-11-2012, 20:34   #25
Lady Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Since I am late on the cane, I'll start working on the job thing......

The Okie Corral
She still needs prayers for the growth on her liver too Dusty...if you wouldn't mind! She is really stressing out, worried about it being cancerous. I told her she is borrowing trouble...and not to worry about it until she was told it's time to worry!