GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18   #141
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun
 
Animal Mother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
Imagine being a Christian here, and reading the constant stream of slander against God, Jesus, and people of faith. Imagine hearing people say that what you believe is 'mythology;' that there's no 'evidence' or 'proof' for the thing you reckon to be the Truest of Truths.
You could address these accusations by producing some independent, objective evidence for God. No one ever seems to think of doing that.
__________________
"Pain, or damage, don't end the world. Or despair. Or beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Animal Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:57   #142
mike g35
Senior Member
 
mike g35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charleston W.V.
Posts: 2,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You could address these accusations by producing some independent, objective evidence for God. No one ever seems to think of doing that.
You cannot prove gods existence to an atheist anymore than you can disprove his existence to a Christian. Faith is just that. Believing without seeing. Believing without hard evidence because you know there's a higher power than yourself at work in the universe. This argument is null and void, there will never be anyone saying you're right when they believe and you do not. The whole argument and all this back and forth is a waste of time.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Firearms sales rep for ASR / Modern Firearms
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:16   #143
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
You could address these accusations by producing some independent, objective evidence for God. No one ever seems to think of doing that.
Use your God-given senses to look around you. Your body, this earth, the universe...where did they come from?

Answer: God.

The atheist argues, essentially, that Nothing created Everything, which is clearly illogical.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26   #144
onebigelf
Senior Member
 
onebigelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
The number 1 reason I think they are wrong:

1) No WAY my life is this good on accident.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:27   #145
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,470


Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Use your God-given senses to look around you. Your body, this earth, the universe...where did they come from?

Answer: God.

The atheist argues, essentially, that Nothing created Everything, which is clearly illogical.
Your emmotional proclamation is far from logical. You feel that there is a god, you don't know it. And looking at the struture of the human body, the earth and the universe as a whole doesn't support that conclusion either.

Your declaration about "nothing created everything [...] is clearly illogical" is equally unsupported and not even an accurate representation of current scientific thinking on the origins of the universe.
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31   #146
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 15,470


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
Faith is just that. Believing without seeing. Believing without hard evidence because you know there's a higher power than yourself at work in the universe.
But why must willful obstinance/ingnorance be considered a virtue? Christians seem to revel in their refusals to accept current scientific thinking (while accepting all the benfits of past scientific endeavors). What christians see as the virtue of "faith", atheists see as the failing of intellectual dishonesty.
__________________
Peace is our profession, war is just a hobby...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:52   #147
brokenprism
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 280
Geko45 and Glock36Shooter -- welcome to the fray

I'll get to your posts after work. There's some good stuff in there.
brokenprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:55   #148
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Yours says to stone people to death too. This is what happens when people believe in 2000 year old nonsense. You're only making my point for me. I'm so thankful religion is dying out in the nation. In 100 years the religious will be a crazy and strange minority that make up about 10% in this nation. We'll remember the days man was insane and believed in invisible begins that commanded us to kill one another in their name.
Read Solzhenitsyn's, "The Gulag Archipeligo", to see what happens in your dreamed-up atheist 'paradise'. One hundred million innocent men, women, and children murdered in the name of Godless (Atheist) Communism in the 20th century. God holds men responsible for their actions. When you guys think God doesn't exist, you may think you can get away with butchering humans wholesale, as the communist atheist horror show demonstrates. Atheist murderers who murder as if there's no God seem not to ever consider what if they're wrong.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, but ideas of Him do change. Our Western ideas of God have been influenced by 3 main points of view: the Jewish one, the Greek one, and the Christian one, which synthesized the Jewish idea of God as Creator and Sovereign with the Greek idea of God as substance ("pure form", uncreated Creator of the universe, intelligent, perfect and transcendent). Christians see God as our personal Father, three persons in one, with Whom we can have communion and fellowship.

Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Do you think you are without sin? No Christian does, and no Christian stones anybody, your lies to the contrary notwithstanding. Your Muslims, OTOH, often stone women to death even in our modern times.

The movie, 'The Stoning of Soraya M.', was made in 2008, based on French-Iranian journalist Freidoune Sahebjam's 1990 book about a real-life injustice (so typical of Islamic sharia law) set in 1986 Iran. If what you claim about Christianity being just as bad as Islam is true, then you should be able to point to a similar truthful movie about Christians stoning innocent women to death.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01   #149
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Your emmotional proclamation is far from logical. You feel that there is a god, you don't know it. And looking at the struture of the human body, the earth and the universe as a whole doesn't support that conclusion either.

Your declaration about "nothing created everything [...] is clearly illogical" is equally unsupported and not even an accurate representation of current scientific thinking on the origins of the universe.
You have just given you opinion, as you are entitled to do. But, as our Drill Sergeant told us recruits at the beginning of Basic Training all those years ago, opinions are like ********s, everybody's got one.
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:28   #150
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Use your God-given senses to look around you. Your body, this earth, the universe...where did they come from?

Answer: God.
That is exactly the way a caveman thinks. Congratulations.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35   #151
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigelf View Post
The number 1 reason I think they are wrong:

1) No WAY my life is this good on accident.

John
I take this to mean you believe in God because your life is so great?

So what about someone's life that is proportionately as bad? Someone born with disfigurements, with disabilities that make even the simplest task like eating or going to the bathroom something which requires the assistance of someone else? A life that is so hard and so without joy that death is often preferable? Where's God at then? Why does he favor you more than they? Did you do the right dance? Say the right words? Sing the right songs? Was it something your parents did to honor him and gain his favor? If this is true... I hate your God for what he allows to happen to others. Your God should be destroyed for his cruelty.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:43   #152
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenprism View Post
"You're the cause of most of the world's evils. You have no idea how much you grate on people and if you get a hint you attribute it to people being deceived by Satan because you couldn't possibly be wrong about anything. "

I can't be personally responsible for the world's evils, so I'm assuming you are really talking to 'you [religious] people' and not me personally. If I'm merely articulating a Theological position (as far as I know, that's all I'm doing), and it bothers you, the problem may be with the Theology, and not with me.

It's a given that if you're an atheist and I'm a Christian, we will not have a meeting of the minds philosophically. But we know that going in, so if we have a dialogue, it is guaranteed to end in disagreement. But it doesn't have to end in incivility. I don't feel I've done anything to deliberatly offend you. I'd say the same things to anyone. As I said earlier, I say what I believe to be true, and I don't filter it to avoid sounding like a know-it-all. This evidently comes across as pride to you, but I'm just standing on my convictions. I'm asserting that the sky is blue. If you don't believe it's blue, you can tell me what color you think it is, and we can discuss it.

You mentioned that my ideas grate. You've said similar things in other posts.

Imagine being a Christian here, and reading the constant stream of slander against God, Jesus, and people of faith. Imagine hearing people say that what you believe is 'mythology;' that there's no 'evidence' or 'proof' for the thing you reckon to be the Truest of Truths. The most demeaning treatment of God is quite possibily an assertion that He doesn't even exist, and you guys enjoy expressing that atheist view. I could say you sound 'proud' to hold that view, and a little superior toward the poor unenlightened souls who haven't evolved to where you are. Be honest, it sounds like that. You are as firmly persuaded of the truth of your position as I am of mine. You talk down to people of faith as if they're backward misfits with emotional insecurities that make them cling to a superstition. You push every Christian button I can think of, and whan I stand on my convictions, I'm proud, arrogant, and responsible for the evils in the world.

Let's both look in that mirror.

I'll make an effort not to sound cavalier or superior. It's the best I can do. I mean no harm, and I take none. But I know what I'm talking about. You don't have to believe it, but the confidence in my tone is just that. Confidence, not condescension. If it is real condescension, I apologize.
You're humble and proud of it. If you tell me something than I must belive it because you never lie and you're always right. You're right because God tells you that you're right. You're me thirty years ago. You start with the primise that everything you belive is the absoluth truth. Through that broken prism everything you read, see, hear, or think validates that belief. Your screen name is appropiate.

There's not a shred of reliable evidence to support your beliefs. Your "No true Scottsman" argument has been refuted here endlessly. I'm not going to explain it again. You can look it up if you want to.

As people become more logical and less superstitious they begin to see through the smoke screen that people like you throw up. You don't worship God. You make God in your own image and worship yourself. That's why people are abandoning religion. I like and respect some of the Christians or otherwise spiritual people in this forum. I have no use for self worship.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:48   #153
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Read Solzhenitsyn's, "The Gulag Archipeligo", to see what happens in your dreamed-up atheist 'paradise'. One hundred million innocent men, women, and children murdered in the name of Godless (Atheist) Communism in the 20th century. God holds men responsible for their actions. When you guys think God doesn't exist, you may think you can get away with butchering humans wholesale, as the communist atheist horror show demonstrates. Atheist murderers who murder as if there's no God seem not to ever consider what if they're wrong.
No Atheist has ever killed a human being because they were Atheist. Ever, not one.

Quote:
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever,
Yes, nonexistent.

Quote:
but ideas of Him do change. Our Western ideas of God have been influenced by 3 main points of view: the Jewish one, the Greek one, and the Christian one, which synthesized the Jewish idea of God as Creator and Sovereign with the Greek idea of God as substance ("pure form", uncreated Creator of the universe, intelligent, perfect and transcendent). Christians see God as our personal Father, three persons in one, with Whom we can have communion and fellowship.
Your God is an invention of man. Just like all the rest.

Quote:
Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Do you think you are without sin? No Christian does, and no Christian stones anybody, your lies to the contrary notwithstanding. Your Muslims, OTOH, often stone women to death even in our modern times.
There is no such thing as sin. It is also a man made concept like your God. There are things that are crimes, and things that are not. We as as society decide upon what those things are. look at abortion for example. Your book would tend to think this is a sin. But it isn't illegal. Think what you want of it's morality. No one cares what you think. You, nor your God are going to stop it.

Quote:
The movie, 'The Stoning of Soraya M.', was made in 2008, based on French-Iranian journalist Freidoune Sahebjam's 1990 book about a real-life injustice (so typical of Islamic sharia law) set in 1986 Iran. If what you claim about Christianity being just as bad as Islam is true, then you should be able to point to a similar truthful movie about Christians stoning innocent women to death.
Movies? Just pick up a history book. Ever hear of the ordeal by water? Ordeal by fire? Crusades? Witch Hunts? Inquisitions? And just the sheer millions that were tortured and murdered for heresy or what have you during the dark ages? People that were hanged for not paying proper tribute. Women who were murdered for practicing the traditions of the "Wise Women" who were branded as witches. And let's not forget the piles of little boy's hind ends that have been ravaged by priests. Just pick up a history book. There is far more blood that flows from than cross than just that of Christ's.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06   #154
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Honestly, I wish I were wrong. I really do wish that there were a god out there that could be relied upon to do the right thing for us. I was a believer for the first 38 years of my life and I do miss the (illusory) certainty it provided, but the evidence just isn't there to support such a conclusion.
I think most recovering Christians do. The brainwashing is really difficult to overcome. The angst of pretending to believe when you realize you don't and can't make yourself believe has to overcome the angst of admitting everything you thought you knew is wrong. That a very humbling experience. It strips all the pride and cockiness right out of you.

Of course, the Calvinist will say that's predestination. That's a dodge to keep them from wondering if they might be wrong about their beliefs. God knew I was going to turn away but he put me in the world so I could die and suffer eternal torment. That's a God of love? That's a God worthy of worship?
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:15   #155
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
You cannot prove gods existence to an atheist anymore than you can disprove his existence to a Christian. Faith is just that. Believing without seeing. Believing without hard evidence because you know there's a higher power than yourself at work in the universe. This argument is null and void, there will never be anyone saying you're right when they believe and you do not. The whole argument and all this back and forth is a waste of time.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
The non- existence of something does not require proof. The existence does.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:16   #156
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
That is exactly the way a caveman thinks. Congratulations.
Translation:

"No, I couldn't find any truthful movie about Christians stoning innocent (or guilty for that matter) women to death. So I'm forced to admit that all my claims about Christianity being just as bad as Islam are completely bogus. Sorry for my arrogance and ignorance. -Glock36shooter"
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48   #157
snowbird
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: land of the free
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
I take this to mean you believe in God because your life is so great?

So what about someone's life that is proportionately as bad? Someone born with disfigurements, with disabilities that make even the simplest task like eating or going to the bathroom something which requires the assistance of someone else? A life that is so hard and so without joy that death is often preferable? Where's God at then? Why does he favor you more than they? Did you do the right dance? Say the right words? Sing the right songs? Was it something your parents did to honor him and gain his favor? If this is true... I hate your God for what he allows to happen to others. Your God should be destroyed for his cruelty.
You need some schoolin'. Actually, you need a lot of schoolin', but here's just enough to get you started.

Blessed Margaret of Castello, 1287-1320AD, is the patron saint of Disabilities. Her life is one of the most heart-wrenching stories in the roster of saints. She was born blind and with severe curvature of the spine, her right leg was an inch and a half shorter than her left, and her left arm was malformed. She never grew taller than four feet.

Her parents kept little Margaret hidden away in their house in Metola, in the Italian province of Umbria. When Margaret was 6, the family went to a shrine at Castello, hoping for a miracle. When none took place, her mother and father abandoned her.

Some women of Castello found the terrified child and took care of her until they could arrange for her adoption. A husband and wife, Venfarino and Grigia, adopted Margaret and treated her with love and kindness as their own daughter. She appears to have spent the rest of her life with them.

Margaret's disabilities did not make her bitter; rather, she became one of the most generous, sympathetic people in Castello. She nursed the sick, consoled the dying, and visited prisoners. She regarded her own disabilities as a means to unite her pain with the suffering that Christ endured on the cross. Her courage, patience, and deep religious devotion won her the affection of everyone in town.

Do you still "hate God for what He allows to happen"? Are you getting past any of your appalling arrogance yet? Is there any glimmer yet in your blighted dark soul, any inkling yet that just maybe God knows what He is doing? Can you scrape together enough humility to even begin giving due respect to the enormous virtue of Blessed Margaret of Castello?
__________________
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-T. Roosevelt, President 1901-09, US soldier, martial artist, hiker, agriculteral worker, and conservationist, among other things.
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51   #158
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Translation:

"No, I couldn't find any truthful movie about Christians stoning innocent (or guilty for that matter) women to death. So I'm forced to admit that all my claims about Christianity being just as bad as Islam are completely bogus. Sorry for my arrogance and ignorance. -Glock36shooter"
Dude, I don't watch movies like that. I watch movies to be entertained. I can definitely tell you about what went down between Boba Fett and Han Solo at Cloud City. But I have absolutely no desire to watch a movie about Christians and what they do.

As I said, pick up a damn history book if you want to learn about Christian's being horrible people. They definitely have been. Each of the three major religions have their fair share of blood on there hands.

Again, all this will become less and less important as religion dies out in this country. Every new generation gives less and less a crap about your ancients nonsense.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:15   #159
High-Gear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
You need some schoolin'. Actually, you need a lot of schoolin', but here's just enough to get you started.

Blessed Margaret of Castello, 1287-1320AD, is the patron saint of Disabilities. Her life is one of the most heart-wrenching stories in the roster of saints. She was born blind and with severe curvature of the spine, her right leg was an inch and a half shorter than her left, and her left arm was malformed. She never grew taller than four feet.

Her parents kept little Margaret hidden away in their house in Metola, in the Italian province of Umbria. When Margaret was 6, the family went to a shrine at Castello, hoping for a miracle. When none took place, her mother and father abandoned her.

Some women of Castello found the terrified child and took care of her until they could arrange for her adoption. A husband and wife, Venfarino and Grigia, adopted Margaret and treated her with love and kindness as their own daughter. She appears to have spent the rest of her life with them.

Margaret's disabilities did not make her bitter; rather, she became one of the most generous, sympathetic people in Castello. She nursed the sick, consoled the dying, and visited prisoners. She regarded her own disabilities as a means to unite her pain with the suffering that Christ endured on the cross. Her courage, patience, and deep religious devotion won her the affection of everyone in town.

Do you still "hate God for what He allows to happen"? Are you getting past any of your appalling arrogance yet? Is there any glimmer yet in your blighted dark soul, any inkling yet that just maybe God knows what He is doing? Can you scrape together enough humility to even begin giving due respect to the enormous virtue of Blessed Margaret of Castello?
I read this and couldn't help but note the religious parents who treated her like crap and abandoned her. They were Christian's right?

So some really nice people adopted her and cared for her? She was a good person and nursed some people? That is nice, but what about it is suppose to prove god? Wasn't all of at possible without god?
__________________
Ĉu vi parolas Esperanton?

Last edited by High-Gear; 09-28-2012 at 12:16..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18   #160
Glock36shooter
Senior Member
 
Glock36shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
You need some schoolin'. Actually, you need a lot of schoolin', but here's just enough to get you started.

Blessed Margaret of Castello, 1287-1320AD, is the patron saint of Disabilities. Her life is one of the most heart-wrenching stories in the roster of saints. She was born blind and with severe curvature of the spine, her right leg was an inch and a half shorter than her left, and her left arm was malformed. She never grew taller than four feet.

Her parents kept little Margaret hidden away in their house in Metola, in the Italian province of Umbria. When Margaret was 6, the family went to a shrine at Castello, hoping for a miracle. When none took place, her mother and father abandoned her.
Good Christian parents indeed.

Quote:
She regarded her own disabilities as a means to unite her pain with the suffering that Christ endured on the cross.
Funny how he didn't seem to give a damn about her.

Quote:
Do you still "hate God for what He allows to happen"?
Actually in reality I don't really believe in a God. My statement was clear that if such a being did exist then yes... I'd hate him. And I would seek to destroy him. Because such a being would be cruel and hateful and deserve nothing but the disgust of his creation. Luckily no such being exists.

What does your little story have to do with anything? So a crippled woman is desperate enough to believe in God because she was so miserable she needed something positive to believe in. Again, this is the security blanket that religion offers. It makes people feel like Santa Claus is looking out for them. And to that end I wouldn't try and take that away from a disabled person if it brought them a little peace. But it doesn't make it true in the slightest.

Quote:
Are you getting past any of your appalling arrogance yet? Is there any glimmer yet in your blighted dark soul
Grrrr Rarrr! LOL I'm evil! Your God is a joke to me these days. I'm so glad that I no longer see the world through such narrow, and ignorant eyes anymore. The eyes of the religious.

Quote:
any inkling yet that just maybe God knows what He is doing? Can you scrape together enough humility to even begin giving due respect to the enormous virtue of Blessed Margaret of Castello?
No. She was a poor disfigured woman that needed to have something to believe in. It brought her peace to think she was loved by at least someone. But she was still delusional. Wonderful story that she took care of others. But that had nothing to do with God... it had to do with how beautiful a person she was inside. That came from her. Not God. All praise be to HER... your invented god had nothing to do with it.

And still you're not even grasping the level of disability I'm talking about. Sure this woman was disfigured and that's awful. But there are people who can't do anything but sit in a chair or lay in a bed and wait for death. They watch as their friends have careers, get married, start families, and live happy lives, while they're stuck in their chair or bed waiting for death. Their life has no richness, little joy, no hope for a brighter future. They can't even go out and be involved in helping others because they can't do anything. And some days they just wished they would go ahead and die so they can get it over with. Do you know any people like this? I do. I see nothing of God in their life. And if Jesus loves them so much why is he incapable of showing them the same amount of compassion I would? Why am I a superior moral being to Christ? Had I the power to help them... I wouldn't hesitate. Why does this loving perfect being of yours do nothing? Two possibilities... 1. He doesn't exist and their disability is just the result of some bad genes and DNA with some errors in it. OR 2. Your intelligent designer is a screw up, cares nothing for his creation, sees one in pain, has the power to help, yet chooses NOT too, and instead watches them suffer.

If number 2 was even remotely possible... your God is a selfish, hateful, evil piece of garbage and deserves no respect or worship from me.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-28-2012 at 20:54..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,062
275 Members
787 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31