SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 14:19   #161
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
I read this and couldn't help but note the religious parents who treated her like crap and abandoned her. They were Christian's right?

So some really nice people adopted her and cared for her? She was a good person and nursed some people? That is nice, but what about it is suppose to prove god? Wasn't all of at possible without god?
Christians are not all infallible saints, in case you hadn't noticed. But certainly neither are atheists. The "really nice people" who adopted her were Christians living their faith.

Can people do good without God? I doubt it. God plants a conscience in each of us; tempts us to do good, if you will. He gives us strength to overcome adversity and overcome the temptation to do evil, if we ask for this strength. "Suffering is good for the soul" -old Russian proverb. That idea comes through in Solzhenitsyn's writings. Modern leftists tend to hate Solzhenitsyn, I guess because he warmed of the dangers of materialism and the worship of science. Margaret of Castello, and Saint Therese of Lisieux, who died of tuberculosis at 24, had this spiritual strength. Drunks who turn to God and away from the bottle also have this strength.

Atheists are materialists. They may be hedonists, "existing solely to consume drugs and sex", as one blogger put it. The Bible says, "what profiteth it a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul". We need to rise above egotism and greed, help the feeble and defenseless (perhaps victims of Islamic tyranny, for example), not just spend all of our energy accumulating material possessions. Being an extreme secularist, focusing only on pleasures and material possessions won't satisfy man's deepest longings. Believing in God, and following His laws, will make human living as rich as possible in the here and now, and will give confidence and hope toward the afterlife.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:00   #162
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Atheists are materialists. They may be hedonists, "existing solely to consume drugs and sex", as one blogger put it. The Bible says, "what profiteth it a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul". We need to rise above egotism and greed, help the feeble and defenseless (perhaps victims of Islamic tyranny, for example), not just spend all of our energy accumulating material possessions. Being an extreme secularist, focusing only on pleasures and material possessions won't satisfy man's deepest longings. Believing in God, and following His laws, will make human living as rich as possible in the here and now, and will give confidence and hope toward the afterlife.
Most of this paragraph is false. I could have made substantially more money if I had put my career ahead of my family, but my family was more important. The only drugs I take are prescription and I drink less than a glass of wine or beer a day. I have no problem with people who use drugs or drink more. It just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Does that sound like egotism or greed to you? Does it sound like someone focused on material possessions? I accept most of the morality of the New Testament. I just reject the supernatural aspect.

The people in the Middle East have been killing each other since Cain killed Able. It's egotistical to think that you or I or any power on Earth can stop them from killing each other today. There are no good answers to the problems in the Middle East. Thinking there are is simplistic.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 09-28-2012 at 16:17..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:16   #163
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Most of this paragraph is false.
As I'm sure you are aware, most of his post is a self-prescribed delusion to resolve his own internal cognitive dissonance. He can't reconcile the possibility of moral people existing outside his mythos system with his predetermined worldview, so to reconcile the contradiction he paints all atheists with the broad hedonistic brush. It is far easier for him than confronting his internal angst over the possibility that he may be wrong (as you previously described).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:05   #164
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Atheists are materialists. They may be hedonists, "existing solely to consume drugs and sex", as one blogger put it.
You know the funny part? I did all of my drinking and drugs in my youth... when I was a Christian. And even then it wasn't much. These days, I'll have a single alcoholic beverage maybe once every three months or so. I do ZERO drugs. In fact I can physically show you at least 1,000 christians in under 3 hours that drink and drug more than I. Come visit sometime, and I'll show you.

As for Sex... god was an idiot to make that feel so awesome. I refuse to apologize for enjoying that. If he only meant it to be for procreation he should have made it painful.. or only mildly entertaining. But he chose to make it the single greatest physical sensation we have. That was his idea. And I thank him for it. LMAO.

Quote:
The Bible says, "what profiteth it a man if he gain the whole world and lose his soul". We need to rise above egotism and greed, help the feeble and defenseless (perhaps victims of Islamic tyranny, for example), not just spend all of our energy accumulating material possessions. Being an extreme secularist, focusing only on pleasures and material possessions won't satisfy man's deepest longings. Believing in God, and following His laws, will make human living as rich as possible in the here and now, and will give confidence and hope toward the afterlife.
Maybe you're right. Let us sell EVERYTHING we own and give it to the poor. You first. Lead by example big boy.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 09-28-2012 at 21:05..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59   #165
mike g35

Lots of Bill Maher wanna-be's here in this particular forum. I'm all for freedom and I don't care what you atheists believe but do you think that posting your views and beating down Christians in a religious forum is the right thing to do? You may not believe in god (your loss) but at least try to be decent and act like an American and allow those with views to discuss their beliefs without your incessant heckling.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 09-29-2012, 07:09   #166
snowbird

Quote:
The people in the Middle East have been killing each other since Cain killed Able. It's egotistical to think that you or I or any power on Earth can stop them from killing each other today. There are no good answers to the problems in the Middle East. Thinking there are is simplistic.
Jefferson said we get to have "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Islam denies us all 3, if we keep letting them immigrate here in droves. Dearborn already effectively has sharia law.

"There are no good answers"? Excuse me, but yes, there are a few good ones to begin with:

1) Kick the Muslim out of our White House no later than this November.

2) Stop Muslim immigration.

3) Stop giving them "aid". One lawmaker got it right yesterday: Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas, House committee chairwoman, blocked Obama's $450 million cash grant to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood govt. God bless her!

4) Firmly reject Islamo-Progressive efforts to end our freedom of speech. Yesterday, Turkey's Foreign Minister at the UN said Islamophobia (i.e. speaking the truth about bloody Islam) "can no longer be tolerated under the guise of freedom of expression".

Islam is darkness. It can be vanquished with the light of truth -that's why they hate and fear freedom of speech. John noted, "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not". (John 1:4,5)

5) Also firmly reject Islamo-Progressive efforts to violate our children. In Montreal recently, a Muslim mother tried to knife her 19-year-old daughter to death for staying out all night, "Then I stab her, stab her neck. She said, 'No Mom!' I said, 'It's for your good. Let me finish.'"

Mohammed 'married' Aisha when he was 54 and she was 6.
Ayatollah Khomeini married a 10-year-old girl when he was 28.
The Koran says Islamic divorce procedures "shall apply to those who have not yet menstruated" (65:4). This means pre-pubescent girls can get divorced, which in turn means that they must have been able to get married first.
Yesterday in Egypt, Sheikh Yassir Barhami reiterated, "It is permissible for the girl at the age of 9 or 10 to marry".

'Honor' killings and child marriage have no place in civilized society.

Last edited by snowbird; 09-29-2012 at 07:14..
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:12   #167
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
Lots of Bill Maher wanna-be's here in this particular forum. I'm all for freedom and I don't care what you atheists believe but do you think that posting your views and beating down Christians in a religious forum is the right thing to do? You may not believe in god (your loss) but at least try to be decent and act like an American and allow those with views to discuss their beliefs without your incessant heckling.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51   #168
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
It isn't a religious forum, it's a religious issues forum. Why does that escape so many people?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:52   #169
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Jefferson said we get to have "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Islam denies us all 3, if we keep letting them immigrate here in droves. Dearborn already effectively has sharia law.
I feel the need to ask, yet again, how strong can your position be if you can only support it with these kinds of blatant lies?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:03   #170
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
I feel the need to ask, yet again, how strong can your position be if you can only support it with these kinds of blatant lies?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnJBW49afzg
Old 09-29-2012, 08:29   #171
MaxxAction

Snowbird...

With all due respect. Why in the hell would a Christian go to a Muslim festival and pick a fight? They were telling these people that the religion that they had been indoctrinated with since their birth would land them in hell. I would expect to get my ass beat if I were stupid enough to do something like that. I am sure they went away excited that they had been counted worthy to suffer for Christ, while Christ himself was probably doing a face palm.

Last edited by MaxxAction; 09-29-2012 at 08:29..
MaxxAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08   #172
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxAction View Post
Snowbird...

With all due respect. Why in the hell would a Christian go to a Muslim festival and pick a fight? They were telling these people that the religion that they had been indoctrinated with since their birth would land them in hell. I would expect to get my ass beat if I were stupid enough to do something like that. I am sure they went away excited that they had been counted worthy to suffer for Christ, while Christ himself was probably doing a face palm.
MaxxAction...

With all due respect, why the heck would a free people (well, half of us anyway) be so stupid as to import hordes of fascist colonizers with a 14 century track record of waging wars and committing genocides in order to impose their tyranny, including the abolition of free speech?

My copy of the Bill of Rights doesn't limit free speech to only those places that Muslims allow it. Apparently yours does?

Since 2001, the UN, the U.S. Dept of State's Office of Refugee Resettlement, and immigration advocates including religious organizations, have been dhimmis, answering the desires expressed by Muslims in Somalia, and bringing thousands into the U.S.A. But these people aren't here to become American. They're here to take over.

Lib dhimmis call it being "humanitarian" (bringing in large numbers of them and giving them welfare).

The result?

Violence and social conflict is on the rise where large groups of Muslims have settled (colonized us) in:
-Minneapolis
-Seattle
-Nashville
-Shelbyville, TN
-Garden City, KS
-Emporia, KS
-St. Louis
-Greely, Colorado
-and, of course, Dearborn, MI

Islam teaches them it's okay to lie to, cheat, steal from, rape, enslave, and murder infidels because infidels are scum. And Leftists follow their Cloward-Piven/Alinsky strategy of bringing about a crisis to crash our form of government.

We need to stop tolerating evil, both Islamic and 'progressive' (progress towards the collapse of the West, towards hell).
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15   #173
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Dearborn already effectively has sharia law.
Really? Please show us. Examples. Facts.

That, folks, is a damn lie. And you sir, are a damn liar.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 09-29-2012 at 09:17..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:35   #174
muscogee

Quote:

"There are no good answers"? Excuse me, but yes, there are a few good ones to begin with:

1) Kick the Muslim out of our White House no later than this November.
He's not a Muslim.
That won't stop them from killing each other.
Quote:
2) Stop Muslim immigration.
Blow up the Statue of Liberty while you're at it. That won't stop them from killing each other.
Quote:
3) Stop giving them "aid". One lawmaker got it right yesterday: Rep. Kay Granger, R-Texas, House committee chairwoman, blocked Obama's $450 million cash grant to Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood govt. God bless her!
I agree. We've been paying Muslim countries to not attack Israel long enough. That won't stop them from killing each other.
Quote:
4) Firmly reject Islamo-Progressive efforts to end our freedom of speech. Yesterday, Turkey's Foreign Minister at the UN said Islamophobia (i.e. speaking the truth about bloody Islam) "can no longer be tolerated under the guise of freedom of expression".
We reject Islamo-Progressive efforts to end our freedom of speech by ending theirs? You only support Freedom of Speech when you're talikng. There are limitations on freedom of speech http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoutin...rowded_theater That won't stop them from killing each other.
Quote:
Islam is darkness. It can be vanquished with the light of truth
Muslim extremists say the same thing about Christianity.
Quote:
Also firmly reject Islamo-Progressive efforts to violate our children. In Montreal recently, a Muslim mother tried to knife her 19-year-old daughter to death for staying out all night, "Then I stab her, stab her neck. She said, 'No Mom!' I said, 'It's for your good. Let me finish.'"
Is it that you can't read or that you can't think? They're not threatening “our children”. In any case, it's against the law to kill your children in Canada. How could it be further rejected?
Quote:
Mohammed 'married' Aisha when he was 54 and she was 6.
Ayatollah Khomeini married a 10-year-old girl when he was 28.
David Koresh, a Christian did the same thing. Jerry Lee Lewis, a Christian, married his 13 year old cousin. And this was just in the last few decades. Not several centuries ago. Warren Jeffs, a Christian, recently went to jail for similar activities.
Quote:
The Koran says Islamic divorce procedures "shall apply to those who have not yet menstruated" (65:4). This means pre-pubescent girls can get divorced, which in turn means that they must have been able to get married first.
You're an authority on the Quran ? I doubt it.
Quote:
Yesterday in Egypt, Sheikh Yassir Barhami reiterated, "It is permissible for the girl at the age of 9 or 10 to marry".
So now you want to limit freedom of speech in Egypt? Make up your mind.
Quote:
'Honor' killings and child marriage have no place in civilized society.
Some people think capitol punishment have no place in civilized society. Some people think spanking has no place in civilized society. Some people think what happens in other people's countries is none of our business. You give the forced abortions in Chain a pass. Guess you're OK with that.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 09-29-2012 at 09:45.. Reason: typo
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46   #175
mike g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
It isn't a religious forum, it's a religious issues forum. Why does that escape so many people?
My friend everything I've read here indicates you have no religion, only issues. Can't really have religious issues without religion. You just wanna throw your views out to make Christians angry and to get a reaction. As intelligent as your arguments sound your basis for posting them is immature at best.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:50   #176
muscogee

Quote:
My friend everything I've read here indicates you have no religion, only issues. Can't really have religious issues without religion. You just wanna throw your views out to make Christians angry and to get a reaction. As intelligent as your arguments sound your basis for posting them is immature at best.

Care to justify that statement?

Leona Helmsley
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54   #177
mike g35

And please understand this isn't a personal attack. It's simply staring the facts. You're as free to tell us about your views as I am, but harassing folks for the sake of arguing is simply not cool.
Atheists, you're views are noted. We get it, you believe in nothing. Some of us do, and your "logic" will not change our minds nor steer us from gods light nor make us walk another path. Enjoy your views, state your views, but please don't act like the rest of us are idiots. Have you in your infinite wisdom ever considered you may be wrong?

Last edited by mike g35; 09-29-2012 at 09:58..
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06   #178
mike g35

Quote:
Care to justify that statement?
Nearly every post I read is a prime example. Of course I'm not saying that Christians don't push their views as well, that's obviously not the case. What made me make that statement is the persistent muttering after you stated your position and your inability to accept you may be wrong about anything. Your condescending attitudes and vigorous defense of what you believe to be right proves more than anything else your inner doubt about your position. All I ask is be respectful of EVERYONE'S views, not just your own. I don't even fall under the classification of Christian but I have been really offended by the ignorant ranting of atheists on this thread. If you believe so strongly that you're correct about there not being a god then why defend it by beating up the people who disagree? Ya know that little feeling you get when you talk about there not being a god? Yeh, there's your proof. That's god letting you know he's there, you just refuse to listen because it doesn't fit your lifestyle.
(Sorry, rant over, carry on)

Last edited by mike g35; 09-29-2012 at 10:07..
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:08   #179
soflasmg

Very sad.
soflasmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:28   #180
Syclone538

Quote:
Your condescending attitudes and vigorous defense of what you believe to be right proves more than anything else your inner doubt about your position.
Ya know that little feeling you get when you talk about there not being a god? Yeh, there's your proof. That's god letting you know he's there, you just refuse to listen because it doesn't fit your lifestyle.
(Sorry, rant over, carry on)
This is one reason why I post here. You have no concept of atheism. You are in denial that anyone could not believe in a god simply because there is no evidence for one.

The next step from "doesn't fit your lifestyle" is "atheists hate god". I hope you see how absurd the 2nd is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote