Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-10-2012, 15:00   #1
wallyglock

changing computer screen.......

the size of messages . my friend sent me a message that i WOULD like to view but is is way to large to work right .

how do i go about shrinking the message size ? , on the message and for any other use ?

thanks ! wally
Old 09-10-2012, 16:16   #2
MySiK26

Send a message via AIM to MySiK26

do you want to change the resolution??? try pressing ctrl and - at the same time. ctrl and + to zoom back in. see if that works. if not, try control panel/appearance and resolution/display
MySiK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 14:06   #3
wallyglock

thanks ...

mysik26.......... but its not the resolution but the SIZE . when the messages are TOO LARGE they are really pretty unreadable
without using the arrows at the bottom of the page to shift the message horazonally back and forth..... and this is a pain to do !
as an example , i have got on resturants web sites and when trying to get the menu up , it would have a bar to increase size OR decrease size ...... 70% , 80% , etc.
that is where i am trying to get to .....a place or button to shrink the message up so it will fit the page without using the " to and fro " method
hope that explains it a lil better.
Old 09-11-2012, 18:59   #4
Pierre!
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyglock View Post
mysik26.......... but its not the resolution but the SIZE . when the messages are TOO LARGE they are really pretty unreadable
without using the arrows at the bottom of the page to shift the message horazonally back and forth..... and this is a pain to do !
as an example , i have got on resturants web sites and when trying to get the menu up , it would have a bar to increase size OR decrease size ...... 70% , 80% , etc.
that is where i am trying to get to .....a place or button to shrink the message up so it will fit the page without using the " to and fro " method
hope that explains it a lil better.
Soooo... did you actually TRY the suggestion to use <CTRL> and the "minus" sign?

If you are using Web based email (Hotmail, Livemail, Gmail, Yahoo mail) then it will most likely work...

Let us know if you decide to try the suggestion out!

Patrick
Pierre! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 20:08   #5
MySiK26

Send a message via AIM to MySiK26

Sorry if my suggestion was a bit fuzzy, I was in a rush. I was giving two possible solutions. Try the ctrl and "minus" button method. that should work. ctrl and the "plus" combo will increase the size.
MySiK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 20:22   #6
9jeeps

Hold down the Ctrl button. Then roll the wheel on your mouse back or forth to increase or decrease your screen text/size.

This can also be done by holding down the Ctrl button and tapping your minus or + button.

There are other ways of doing this in other parts of your puter. Master these first.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:28   #7
wallyglock

ok ...

again , thanks to all . yes , holding down the ctl. button and using + & - seemed to get me pretty much where i wanted.