Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2012, 19:59   #101
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
Im really not going to blame Libyans that are angry that their entire country was leveled and reduced to third world status overnight from outside interference and propaganda, mainly from our own military and media. You are aware that much of the "storyline" about the Libyan "revolution" was fabricated and inaccurate, right? The stories about Gaddafi bombing Tripoli were false, among other examples. Sorry but I don't subscribe to this strange notion that only Americans are allowed to respond angrily to being attacked by outside forces. That defies logic. I guess I just don't hate Muslims(tm) enough to buy into that (see: Holy War).

If you agree with what Cav said that the world is much more chaotic than controlled, you won't be able to control random angry mobs doing bad things. What you can do is ensure that our own intelligence apparatus takes proper measures when aware the dangers are coming, especially considering the price tag of said apparatus. I don't whitewash incompetence when Im paying for it. This country is $16 Trillion in debt and this is the best we can do?
Let me guess... the CIA bombed Tripoli. And the Illuminati.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 20:11   #102
countrygun

Quote:
Im really not going to blame Libyans that are angry that their entire country was leveled and reduced to third world status overnight from outside interference and propaganda, mainly from our own military and media.

Your sympathy is touching, but alas, you lack the experience to have any perspective.

It take no outside for one of those Countries to acheive "Third World" statutus. You do not remember what Iran was like before the "revolution" so you have no frame of reference to understand how far they reduced their own Country, and Jimmah Catah made sure that we had no part in it.

You really need to get some real time under your belt before you hand out the crying towels.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:05   #103
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNman View Post
Let me guess... the CIA bombed Tripoli. And the Illuminati.
Or Tripoli wasn't bombed until NATO forces showed up. There's so many outside news organizations and sources of info out there to find if you look for it outside your bubble. If you read a CNN article on a topic, then a Russia Times article on that subject, then an Al Jazeera one, you can start to figure out what actually happened. Even if a conclusion is wrong I still know I did my homework. Just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Your sympathy is touching, but alas, you lack the experience to have any perspective.

It take no outside for one of those Countries to acheive "Third World" statutus. You do not remember what Iran was like before the "revolution" so you have no frame of reference to understand how far they reduced their own Country, and Jimmah Catah made sure that we had no part in it.

You really need to get some real time under your belt before you hand out the crying towels.
You were in Iran before the revolution and can tell us about it? Good for you! This I'd like to hear so please share.

Because if you're actually just regurgitating what you saw on tv back then, it would mean you've been a slave to propaganda longer than I thought. Im glad it's not that.

So about your time in Iran....go on.

Last edited by G19G20; 09-20-2012 at 01:09..
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:14   #104
Flintlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
You left out this part:

Nice try Bucko!

Actually reading comphrehension and critical thinking implies the ability to draw conclusions and make inferences from the material you have read.

Taken along with the approaching anniversary of 9/11 the obvious response should be to be on your toes and maybe add a little extra security.

It is true that there is a lot of bad and irrelevant intel and picking out the important bits is very difficult but...

Context is everything.

9/11 provides the context.

Regards,
Happyguy
So what you've decided to double down on are statements that fail to support your initial statement that "Libyan officials warned us of the attack three days before it occurred." Nothing in that statement supports the message that you desperately seem to want to be reality.

I have to wonder.. what the **** passes for logic in your bubble?
Flintlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:52   #105
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
So what you've decided to double down on are statements that fail to support your initial statement that "Libyan officials warned us of the attack three days before it occurred." Nothing in that statement supports the message that you desperately seem to want to be reality.

I have to wonder.. what the **** passes for logic in your bubble?
Someone can't connect the dots. Why am I not surprised?

Just quietly put your head back in your...where it was. You are are willfully blinded by your love for dear leader.

Meanwhile, as the Middle-East goes up in flames and Israel prepares for war, Obama discusses the pressing issue of his home brew on the David Letterman show.

Gotta keep that celebrity rolling.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 09-20-2012 at 04:16..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:47   #106
countrygun

Quote:
Or Tripoli wasn't bombed until NATO forces showed up. There's so many outside news organizations and sources of info out there to find if you look for it outside your bubble. If you read a CNN article on a topic, then a Russia Times article on that subject, then an Al Jazeera one, you can start to figure out what actually happened. Even if a conclusion is wrong I still know I did my homework. Just sayin...

You were in Iran before the revolution and can tell us about it? Good for you! This I'd like to hear so please share.

Because if you're actually just regurgitating what you saw on tv back then, it would mean you've been a slave to propaganda longer than I thought. Im glad it's not that.

Well since you aren't their now, you aren't anywhere near the middle east fight now, by your standards then, you don't know squat.. When was the last time you were in the middle east Mr. Expert? C'mon regail us with more from your fantasy world. So where are you getting your information that makes you so well informed and above propaganda?

Since you weren't part of events in any way in 1979 how do you know anything about even TV back then? Or, are you relying on today's propaganda to tell you?

Now that we skimmed the surface of the deep chasm of your ignorance I will tell you about my experience, and , while I doubt you can grasp it, I will nonetheless put forth the effort.

I was in college (majoring in political science,by coincidence) and, as you don't know, the American colleges were swarmed with students from that region. I had a lot of contact with both Afghans and Persians. Both warned me of the fate that awaited the region if the fundamentalists took over. The Afghans had the Russians to contend with at the time but none of them were any happier with the fundamentalists. The Persians were positively terrified and most of them were looking for American women to marry so they wouldn't have to go back. They were in this Country as a result of the Shah's open attitude towards the west .

To quote one of them "President Carter has no idea how dangerous those people are. " He went on to explain to me, that, while Savak was feared by some and they were nast bits of work, by and large their targets were the anti-western, ant-moderity fanatic Muslims that would wreck the Country and send it back into the stone age if they ever got power. He further told me that it was a shame that the US couldn't see that, because of the Shah, women didn't have to wear burkhas, they could drive cars, go to school, have jobs. The people being denied their rights by the Savak were the ones that would turn around and do the same thing to the whole Country in the name of religion.

It proved to be a deadly accurate prediction.

Of course you have no clue about any of it, except the propaganda you have been fed.

Last edited by countrygun; 09-20-2012 at 06:19..
Old 09-20-2012, 06:10   #107
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:

Wait a second. Were you in Iran before the shah was ousted?

You are short on any claim to cognitive superiority here after multiple historical gaffes. It's not that you are stupid, it's just that so much of what you know just isn't so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
--Gunhaver
Don't let the guys quoted above contact your reps more than you.

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-20-2012 at 08:42..
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46   #108
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Do tell... What has your acutely aware brain type deduced from your multiple "news" sources? Was Tripoli bombed the the CIA? The Bilderbergs? Colonel Sanders?

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 09-20-2012 at 06:47..
Old 09-20-2012, 08:41   #109
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Looks like they failed to act with months of warnings.

Source: Stevens worried about Libya security

--Gunhaver

Old 09-20-2012, 08:45   #110
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Do tell... What has your acutely aware brain type deduced from your multiple "news" sources? Was Tripoli bombed the the CIA? The Bilderbergs? Colonel Sanders?

The most obvious source for his opinions: George Noory.

--Gunhaver

Last edited by Cavalry Doc; 09-20-2012 at 08:46..
Old 09-20-2012, 20:46   #111
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

You are short on any claim to cognitive superiority here after multiple historical gaffes. It's not that you are stupid, it's just that so much of what you know just isn't so.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 13:29   #112
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Libyans Storm Militia HQ In Reprisal For Attack On US Embassy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...190_story.html

Quote:
The clashes followed a protest Friday in which thousands of Libyans marched through the city demanding the dissolution of militias that have ruled the country’s streets since a revolution ended the 42-year rule of Moammar Gaddafi.

Many Libyans have blamed extremist groups for the attack on the U.S. consulate here last week that left four Americans dead. The groups have operated with relative impunity in the security vacuum that has prevailed since Gaddafi’s ouster and death last year.

After nightfall Friday, hundreds of protesters stormed the base of Ansar al-Sharia, the extremist militia that many have accused of leading the consulate attack, forcing the retreat of Ansar al-Sharia fighters.

The protesters then turned their rage on other militias, storming the base of Rafallah al-Sahati, an influential Benghazi militia with conservative Islamist leanings, which until recently had controlled the city’s airport. The confrontation sparked a firefight, and Libyan television broadcast footage of injured men being rushed to hospital emergency rooms.

The group’s leader, Ismail Salabi, was lightly injured, according to his brother-in-law.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 13:30   #113
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaltender66 View Post
Libyans Storm Militia HQ In Reprisal For Attack On US Embassy

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...190_story.html
This is very surprising. Is it possible the peaceful muslims have a set of balls after all??????

--Gunhaver

Old 09-23-2012, 06:51   #114
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Worried about the check.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 18:23   #115
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well since you aren't their now, you aren't anywhere near the middle east fight now, by your standards then, you don't know squat.. When was the last time you were in the middle east Mr. Expert? C'mon regail us with more from your fantasy world. So where are you getting your information that makes you so well informed and above propaganda?

Since you weren't part of events in any way in 1979 how do you know anything about even TV back then? Or, are you relying on today's propaganda to tell you?

Now that we skimmed the surface of the deep chasm of your ignorance I will tell you about my experience, and , while I doubt you can grasp it, I will nonetheless put forth the effort.

I was in college (majoring in political science,by coincidence) and, as you don't know, the American colleges were swarmed with students from that region. I had a lot of contact with both Afghans and Persians. Both warned me of the fate that awaited the region if the fundamentalists took over. (G19G20: Odd statement considering the fundamentalists were already long installed by the CIA since '59)
The Afghans had the Russians to contend with at the time but none of them were any happier with the fundamentalists. The Persians were positively terrified and most of them were looking for American women to marry so they wouldn't have to go back. They were in this Country as a result of the Shah's open attitude towards the west .

To quote one of them "President Carter has no idea how dangerous those people are. " He went on to explain to me, that, while Savak was feared by some and they were nast bits of work, by and large their targets were the anti-western, ant-moderity fanatic Muslims that would wreck the Country and send it back into the stone age if they ever got power. He further told me that it was a shame that the US couldn't see that, because of the Shah, women didn't have to wear burkhas, they could drive cars, go to school, have jobs. The people being denied their rights by the Savak were the ones that would turn around and do the same thing to the whole Country in the name of religion.

It proved to be a deadly accurate prediction.

Of course you have no clue about any of it, except the propaganda you have been fed.
So the answer is no, you weren't in Iran so you have no genuine information to share other than what someone else told you.

This is your statement:
Quote:
You do not remember what Iran was like before the "revolution" so you have no frame of reference to understand how far they reduced their own Country,
You do not know either so I guess we're even, though I clearly access more sources of information on current events than you do. Do you think propaganda is a new invention and everything you saw or heard when you were a college student was full of truth? Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post

Im glad it's funny to Kirgi for some reason but I wasn't the one implying that I had some intimate knowledge of what Iran was like prior to the revolution. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited by G19G20; 09-23-2012 at 18:26..
Old 09-23-2012, 18:31   #116
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
So the answer is no, you weren't in Iran so you have no genuine information to share other than what someone else told you.

This is your statement:

You do not know either so I guess we're even, though I clearly access more sources of information on current events than you do. Do you think propaganda is a new invention and everything you saw or heard when you were a college student was full of truth? Get real.

Im glad it's funny to Kirgi for some reason but I wasn't the one implying that I had some intimate knowledge of what Iran was like prior to the revolution. You're barking up the wrong tree.
So ridiculous in so many ways.

Are you saying that there is no credible information available about Iranian society and politics before the revolution? If so there is no point in a debate because not only do you not know what you are talking about, there is no way for you to educate yourself enough for a dialogue either.

You can read can't you?

FWIW the State Department and CIA websites have a wealth of knowlege available for simply doing a simple search simply.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 09-23-2012 at 18:33..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 18:38   #117
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:

It's hilarious to me that you continue to challenge me, then when I set you straight with knowledge, you continue to challenge. Im wondering how many times I have to set you straight before you start just researching on your own before making yourself look uninformed. You simply do no research of your own before you spout off with the party line! Remember how you said Paul supporters didn't start the Tea Party? Or that real life isn't like a Clancy novel? I guess I'll add this one to the list too.

Just start looking at reports coming out of non-NATO ally media outlets and a very different picture is painted:
http://rt.com/news/airstrikes-libya-russian-military/

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195413.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by great PressTV piece
I know conditions on the streets are very fast moving, very fluid, very chaotic, and very violent; I also know that anything reported by the major media, especially America's major media - some of it is so shocking it's shameless and it's deliberately falsified. It even gives propaganda a bad name.

When they talk about a conflict like this Libya one that is just an outrageous American-led imperial war for conquest; absolutely illegal and with no humanitarian concern for the Libyan people, even the so-called rebels are not rebels they're mercenaries; they have been hired.
I care about finding the truth, not repeating stories by media outlets that are owned by the same companies that manufacture the weapons being used, like GE.

Last edited by G19G20; 09-23-2012 at 18:43..
Old 09-23-2012, 18:41   #118
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
So ridiculous in so many ways.

Are you saying that there is no credible information available about Iranian society and politics before the revolution? If so there is no point in a debate because not only do you not know what you are talking about, there is no way for you to educate yourself enough for a dialogue either.

You can read can't you?

FWIW the State Department and CIA websites have a wealth of knowlege available for simply doing a simple search simply.

Regards,
Happyguy
Countrygov framed his reply in a way that implied he had some intimate first-hand knowledge of pre-revolution Iran. He didn't. I knew it. He knew it. I called him on it. Simple. Regurgitating what he saw on tv then is no different than regurgitating what he sees on tv today.
Old 09-23-2012, 18:50   #119
countrygun

Quote:
Countrygov framed his reply in a way that implied he had some intimate first-hand knowledge of pre-revolution Iran. He didn't. I knew it. He knew it. I called him on it. Simple. Regurgitating what he saw on tv then is no different than regurgitating what he sees on tv today.
You "called me" on squat you twit. I said exactly what I knew from being in college with several Persian students, and friends at the time, that was what I said and what I meant.

YOU are the one who gets called out and I still claim that my knowledge of the situation in 1979-80 was, and is, more accurate than anything you have read about in your life.
I was a Political Science major on top of it and we did CRITICALLY analyze TV reports as well.

YOU don't even have that experience, YOU are regugitating what someone told you from what they saw on TV. You are completely removed from the source and anything near experience.

Don't try to flap your lip about "calling me" on something.
Old 09-23-2012, 19:13   #120
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
It's hilarious to me that you continue to challenge me, then when I set you straight with knowledge, you continue to challenge. Im wondering how many times I have to set you straight before you start just researching on your own before making yourself look uninformed. You simply do no research of your own before you spout off with the party line! Remember how you said Paul supporters didn't start the Tea Party? Or that real life isn't like a Clancy novel? I guess I'll add this one to the list too.

Just start looking at reports coming out of non-NATO ally media outlets and a very different picture is painted:
http://rt.com/news/airstrikes-libya-russian-military/

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195413.html

I care about finding the truth, not repeating stories by media outlets that are owned by the same companies that manufacture the weapons being used, like GE.
You were right about Paul starting the Tea Party. I admitted that then and I admit it now.

As to Tom Clancy, I tired of trying to explain the difference between "technically accurate" and non-fiction; a difference you clearly still cannot grasp.

As to your "setting me straight" - you've yet to even come close to convincing me the CIA is blowing stuff up and trying to start a skirmish that the US can enter. And so far, you've yet to even begin to offer anything remotely close to "proof" of your absurd claims.

There is no "party line" that is required to challenge crazy. Only a masochistic streak (which I apparently have).

ETA: I will tell you as I have told Musky... while I do not trust the MSM, I trust the whole of them a boatload more than I trust the Russian MSM. Your mileage may vary.

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 09-23-2012 at 19:15..