Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-24-2012, 20:34   #1
firecracker6

My thoughts on sites

I've noticed that in the past, when I've done force on force training, I tended to ignore my sites. This has been true w/ both m16 and beretta. The closer the target, the less likely I've been to remember to use my sites. I've also noticed that if I use my fingers, I can consistently hit the target at 50m during night qual. Again I've noticed, that I have to concentrate pretty hard to use my sites properly when I'm at the range (practicing for Tues night). My thinking here is that I'm wasting my money on night sites. I think I'd be better off investing in a set of precise fiber optics that ingrain the correct muscle memory. Bear in mind that I'm not a new shooter. During force on force I tended to hit the target more often than most; I was probably in the top 1/3 if not higher. Any thoughts?
firecracker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

When you make mention of aiming using your fingers, do you mean one finger pointed at the target, as on, support hand? I'm a little unclear on that.

On the sights, I'd hate to lose the aim-in-the-dark option. You never know when you'll be on a perimeter, or need to take a precision shot, in poor light with an identified target, where there might be plenty of time to get a good sight picture.

These days, it doesn't need to be one or the other. You can get the fiber optics you want, without losing night sights, a couple of ways. One is the V-TAC sight, with both types of modules one above the other. Another option is TFO, tritium fiber optic, encompassing both concepts.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote