Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50   #81
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
Islam has little in common with Christianity. Islam has much in common with atheist, totalitarian Marxism.

That's why they're brothers in arms.
Ok, just for the record here snowy, I am an atheist and I believe that radical Islam poses a greater threat to the world today than any other organized religion (although I also believe that they all do to some degree or another). I am also not a totalitarian Marxist, but rather a libertarian capitalist.

Reconcile that with your worldview. Do you think I am lying to you or that I am just a statistical outlier?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08   #82
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You are wrong there. Muslims attack us primarily for religious reasons, as Osama and the rest have made clear many times. Desert Storm was political and economically motivated.
Islam did not attack us. A few misguided martyrs did. Billions of Muslims didn't attack us.

Could it be that Muslims are angry at the West because the West has had troops in their countries for centuries trying to make them like us? Osama was angry because we had troops in the Muslim Holy Land.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09   #83
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Not specifically the UCMJ, but they sure as heck cared when the Nuremberg trials sentenced a lot of them to death or life in prison.
I suppose so, but that wasn't until after the war.

Quote:
International law is clear, "I was just following orders" is not a sufficient defense in a war crimes trial. Ignore that at your own peril (and hope that your side wins).
Please share with us what war crimes Ratzinger was charged with?

Quote:
I am not suggesting that he be thrown in jail or anything. Clearly there is evidence to suggest he did what he could to avoid committing any sort of war crime and still not get killed himself. I just find it odd that they would choose Ratzinger when they had an entire college of cardinals to choose from. Certainly there must have been a candidate with a better overall record. Oh wait, I forgot this is the catholic church we are talking about here...
Considering his tendency towards Orthodoxy and his theological pedigree, I'd say he was a good choice.

Furthermore as Pope he has been doing a good job at "retiring" the more liberal Bishops around the world and replacing them with better ones. So it looks like he was the right man for the job.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie

Last edited by Roering; 10-02-2012 at 12:09..
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12   #84
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Do you know the pope? If not, you really can't draw any conclusions about his feelings based on the feelings of others who might have belonged to the same organization 70 years ago.
I mentioned that I was generalizing and could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
I think it's entirely fair to criticize what he has done during his time in power, not only as pope, but also as an influential bishop and Cardinal and question whether or not his actions have been sufficiently responsive to the issues affecting the world today. On the other hand, criticizing him and implying he was a Nazi based on things that happened when he was young seems both unfair and unnecessary.
What has he done or said about the Nazi resurgence in Germany in the past decade?

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21   #85
snowbird

Quote:
Ok, just for the record here snowy, I am an atheist and I believe that radical Islam poses a greater threat to the world today than any other organized religion (although I also believe that they all do to some degree or another). I am also not a totalitarian Marxist, but rather a libertarian capitalist.

Reconcile that with your worldview. Do you think I am lying to you or that I am just a statistical outlier?
If you are a counterjihadist, then that is to your credit.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:22   #86
muscogee

Quote:
Islam has little in common with Christianity.
Paranoia and misguided martyrs?

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23   #87
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Please share with us what war crimes Ratzinger was charged with?
Never said he was. Pretty sure I said the exact opposite.

Quote:
So it looks like he was the right man for the job.
Of course, want to get something done? Put a Nazi on it!

Ok, I'm just teasing you at this point. Truthfully, I don't care strongly enough about the topic to bother with discussing it seriously. I'm content to enjoy the fact that whoever the pope is has very little impact on my life (as it should be).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:26   #88
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Yes, your Muslims.

Marxists, Secularists, and Islam want Christianity totally suppressed as it was in Russia during Soviet days.
This is a statement of opinion. It isn't one of fact. Care to back that up with anything other than your insane rantings?

Quote:
brainwashing of children (Shame on you. You admit that you're abusing a little girl this way too)
I am undoing the brainwashing done by the church. And I am absolutely proud of it. She is becoming more of a critical thinker everyday. I have never once told her WHAT to believe. Only to question everything, to not just accept things on faith, to reason, to inquire, to be untrusting of those that would push an ideology on you without substantiating it or only substantiating it with fear (You'll burn in Hell if you don't).

I was so proud of her the other day. She volunteered to work in the nursery at church on sundays. I asked her, "You like working with the babies that much?" She said, "Yeah, but it's mostly so I don't have to sit there and listen to the crap the preacher says." I gave her a giant hug. She recently was moved to Advanced Placement Courses in school too. We've been doing reading and watching educational documentaries together. I've gotten her super interested in science and history.

Quote:
despite the arrogant boasting of mall-ninja militant
I bet you own a grappling hook or chinese stars don't you?

Quote:
an elderly hillbilly grandmother noted that 'beetles come and go, but Jesus lives on'.
Yes hillbillies are among the most devout. Speaks to the link between religion and lack of education.

Quote:
Time has proven her correct, and it will show that you're wrong too.
Oh no my friend. Look at the numbers. I've never made a statement about the world itself. I'm talking about American numbers. And you're dead wrong. People are letting go of religion. More and more of us are putting down our bibles and picking up science and history books. We're at a time when man has access to more information than ever before and we're learning that Christianity, just like Islam, are archaic mythologies best left in the past. You don't have to like it... but it's a fact that American's are leaving religion behind. That's why you're so disgusted with American society these days. Because your ways are on the way OUT. 100 years... mark my words. The religious will be a tiny but strange minority in this country. I hate that I cannot live in that era. I'm sure it will be glorious without the chains of man's delusions of God.

Quote:
Islam has little in common with Christianity.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong. It sprang from Abraham just as your religion did. Same origins... different shade of crazy.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-02-2012 at 12:26..
Old 10-02-2012, 12:34   #89
tuica

How can I even respond to this fragmented "logic?"

Calm down, Mr."Dawg"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Then move to Israel and fight for them.

Apparently you think it perfectly ok to kill in the name of one religion and not another.

Let them kill each other over some rubble in Jerusalem, means nothing to me. It's just a bunch of junk.

The last time I checked Israel thrashed Arab armies in every war they have fought. I don't think that they need silly Christians in the USA prostrating themselves to a foreign power.

Christians in the US "support" Israel because they think that if they get all the jews back to Israel then Jesus will come back.

Absolutely insane.

Sent from my iPhone 4s
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36   #90
tuica

Hmmmm...

And that high fly ball went right over that fielder's head...
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Their religion did not declare war on us any more than your religion declared war on Iraq during Desert Storm.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44   #91
HexHead

Quote:
Innocent until proven guilty. We trusted Eisenhower, Nimitz, and thousands of other Germans and Italians during WWII. How is this different?
We didn't trust them that much. The 442nd, the Japanese-American unit, fought in Italy, not in the Pacific.

They could have been useful infiltrating Japanese lines.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:46   #92
snowbird

Quote:
Paranoia and misguided martyrs?
Christian martyrs were murdered by evildoers for not renouncing their faith. Muslim 'martyrs' committed suicide in the act of murdering innocents. What's misguided is your claim to a false equivalence.

Paranoia is irrational fear and persecutory delusion. The Armenian Genocide was not a delusion, but a fact. Therefore, being wary of such an evil ideology is not irrational, but highly rational.

Your slanderous suggestion of equivalence is "fishy".
Old 10-02-2012, 13:04   #93
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
We didn't trust them that much. The 442nd, the Japanese-American unit, fought in Italy, not in the Pacific.

They could have been useful infiltrating Japanese lines.
But we trusted the Germans and Italians. There's some not so subtle racism operating here. We trust them if they look like us but not otherwise.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-02-2012, 13:06   #94
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuica View Post
And that high fly ball went right over that fielder's head...
So explain it to me. What did I miss?

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-02-2012, 13:31   #95
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
... your insane rantings...

... hillbillies are among the most devout...

... 100 years... mark my words.
If you want to make a conservative angry, tell him a lie.
If you want to make a liberal angry, tell him the truth.

The put down signals insecurity. You must be insecure about which of you, 'hillbillies' or yourself, will spend eternity in the smoking versus the non-smoking section (check it out 100 years from now).

Here's a 'hillbilly' song with more wisdom than an Ivy League university full of liberals:

What can they all be thinkin'
Wanna take the cross off of the hill
Put away the pledge of allegiance
Lord, just the thought gives me a chill
They can take God off our money but, in the end oh ain't it funny
How we're all gonna see Him on the Judgement Day.
Old 10-02-2012, 13:44   #96
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:

Well that definitely proves your point........

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Old 10-02-2012, 21:23   #97
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
By this reasoning, the goal of all your posts is to make conservatives angry.
Old 10-02-2012, 21:52   #98
CanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotIt View Post
CAN MUSLIMS BE GOOD AMERICANS?

Harumph! Of course they can. Just ask 'em.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56   #99
Glock36shooter

Quote:

The put down signals insecurity. You must be insecure about which of you, 'hillbillies' or yourself, will spend eternity in the smoking versus the non-smoking section (check it out 100 years from now).

Here's a 'hillbilly' song with more wisdom than an Ivy League university full of liberals:

I am flattered that you would associate my intellect with that which might originate from The Ivy League.

Look I know it bothers you that your religion is dying in this nation. But it's time for it to go. Like I said you guys aren't much different than Muslims. You're trying to make your God happy and you don't care who's toes you step on to do it. That's the selfishness that is born from religion. Granted... you guys did most of your murdering and raping centuries ago. But there are still Christian terrorists even in this modern day and age. But my point is not to say that Christians are killing people on a equal number CURRENTLY as are muslims. Just that too many people have died for the man made invention of God period. It's time for us to grow up and put childish things away. I know you and your kind will go kicking and screaming and dragging you feet and claiming that we're evil and blasphemers and heathens. Whatever... but God's hay day is over. Hillbilly logic aside, we simply don't need him anymore.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08   #100
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
God's hay day is over. Hillbilly logic aside, we simply don't need him anymore.
What's with the royal "we"? Speak for yourself.

There are 2 kinds of people: those who believe in God, and those who will.

Closed Thread