Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:34   #21
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
That's funny! Me? I've learned that far too many cops are socially introverted, modestly intelligent,
Yeah heard that before, prisons are full of people who were convinced of how much smarter they were than the cops.

Quote:
argely close minded,
Their "close mindedness" is the result of experience, they deal with things everyday that their fellow citizens never have or will and they know first hand just how stupid some of the things their fellow citizens believe really are.

Quote:
In police work you've only got to be smart enough to do exactly as you're told;
uh huh, Guy I worked with father in law chided him when he became a cop telling him police work was something you did when you couldn't manage to do anything else. Years later he tried it out himself. Didn't last long, he wasn't quite smart enough to be a cop.

Quote:
and, may God help the subject population anytime a police officer discovers that he can use his privileged social position to suit his own personal prejudice or whims, and subvert the law for his own individual use; BUT, fortunately, that would never happen; now, would
Subject population????

Cop Talk

Old 10-02-2012, 09:57   #22
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
That's funny! Me? I've learned that far too many cops are socially introverted, modestly intelligent, largely close minded, and genuinely insensitive to their fellow citizens and the relevant social issues of the day. In police work you've only got to be smart enough to do exactly as you're told; and, may God help the subject population anytime a police officer discovers that he can use his privileged social position to suit his own personal prejudice or whims, and subvert the law for his own individual use; BUT, fortunately, that would never happen; now, would it.
Oh yeah, I also learned that cop haters love to exaggerate, twist things around, and otherwise act like 14 y.o. girls.

Present company excluded, of course.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:20   #23
blueiron
Clown move, bro

I have heard these pronouncements before from another delusional narcissist named Barry.

It is interesting to see a GNGer with a case of malignant self adoration posting up here about his 'superiority'.

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:40   #24
SPDSNYPR
Zippy's Friend.

. . .

Last edited by SPDSNYPR; 10-02-2012 at 13:20..
SPDSNYPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53   #25
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

No human mind could be "open" to the constant barrage of bull**** LEO's deal with constantly without eating a bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 15:07   #26
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
No human mind could be "open" to the constant barrage of bull**** LEO's deal with constantly without eating a bullet.
Oh come now, you aren't told on a daily basis at your job how everyone could do what you do? They're all smarter than us, know the law better than us, are tougher than us, more adept at dealing with intricate, delicate situations than us, and yes, far more modest than us.

If you don't believe me, just look back about 7 posts and I'm sure that person (whoever he or she pretends to be in here) would be more than happy to expound for hours about the very above subjects. Nay, I say you wouldn't be able to shut them up...no matter how much you tried. Amiright?
Old 10-02-2012, 15:21   #27
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
Oh come now, you aren't told on a daily basis at your job how everyone could do what you do? They're all smarter than us, know the law better than us, are tougher than us, more adept at dealing with intricate, delicate situations than us, and yes, far more modest than us.

If you don't believe me, just look back about 7 posts and I'm sure that person (whoever he or she pretends to be in here) would be more than happy to expound for hours about the very above subjects. Nay, I say you wouldn't be able to shut them up...no matter how much you tried. Amiright?
I don't argue with drunks, druggies and/or zealots, or discuss religion or politics... no sense in fighting an unwinnable battle on their battlefield.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 15:42   #28
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Anything you don't like is a violation of your constitutional rights.
Cop Talk

Last edited by RetailNinja; 10-05-2012 at 11:37..
RetailNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 16:01   #29
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Hold it! Give a fellow some time to get the popcorn popper warmed up . . .

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 17:17   #30
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post
Hold it! Give a fellow some time to get the popcorn popper warmed up . . .
In the squad car or break room?
Old 10-02-2012, 18:38   #31
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSNYPR View Post
Dragoon, you might be a genius.
Might? I have no doubt.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:19   #32
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIhaveGasCash View Post
And in order for the detention to be lawful they must have made an appointment and of course, they must be wearing their hat.
And their primary should be empty....

Oh wait, let's not get things all crossed up....
Old 10-02-2012, 20:01   #33
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Gun rights activists are blessed. their "Rights" always seem to match whatever it is they want or desire.

Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are enemies of "Truth". And are hindrances in forming a "Correct" opinion.
When someone is arguing with personal anecdotes and feelings, any facts or truth to the contrary has to be ignored. Otherwise, you are ignorant, narrow minded, intolerant, and probably a racist, even if you are the same race or if you are a minority yourself.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 20:30   #34
metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
When someone is arguing with personal anecdotes and feelings, any facts or truth to the contrary has to be ignored. Otherwise, you are ignorant, narrow minded, intolerant, and probably a racist, even if you are the same race or if you are a minority yourself.
Old 10-02-2012, 21:44   #35
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself!

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case!
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 21:48   #36
Top_Shot_31

If a man in a wheelchair is carrying a kilo of cocaine, has a bomb strapped to his chest, and is dumping mags from an AK47 while lighting bunnies on fire, the polce are expected to ask him politely to stop before using any force.

Old women are not capable of violence or non-compliance.

Barack Obama is the devil/savior and will restrict/support your right to own a gun.

Mitt Romney is the devil/savior and will restrict/support your right to own a gun.

Trolls multiply like bunnies and smell blood in the water like a shark.

Sorry, were we talking about the whole Interconnectedwebnets or just GT?

Fast forward 6 months for the DUI trial. Prosecutor is reviewing the booking room video and asks me why I am moon-walking while the drunk offender is hopping around in slow motion in a big white suit.

Last edited by Top_Shot_31; 10-02-2012 at 21:49..
Top_Shot_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 22:04   #37
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by razdog76 View Post
Well, the problem is:

1. No one cares except those that do the job.
2. When you do the job, its always about tough love for the others that do.

So, you get it comming and going. You get it from the self-appointed sanctimonious retards of the world. Then we are own worst enemies as we give each other a ration of hell as well.

What has kept it together for me in over 14 years is God and the love of a good woman.

Also, I'd quit tomorrow before I'd eat my gun. I've known guys that have, though. It isn't worth it.
Old 10-02-2012, 22:10   #38
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Dragoon, Patchman, Apparently you guys can dish it out; but you can't take it. Want proof? Look at the character and content of this very thread, itself!

Many of the comments posted here - and offered by various police officers, including yourselves - clearly show exactly the mentality I've described. With no malice, whatsoever, I rest my case!
Well, in a twisted sort of way, you are right in one sense: Drag and Patch are two of a kind.
Old 10-02-2012, 22:27   #39
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Well, the problem is:

1. No one cares except those that do the job.
2. When you do the job, its always about tough love for the others that do.

So, you get it comming and going. You get it from the self-appointed sanctimonious retards of the world. Then we are own worst enemies as we give each other a ration of hell as well.

What has kept it together for me in over 14 years is God and the love of a good woman.

Also, I'd quit tomorrow before I'd eat my gun. I've known guys that have, though. It isn't worth it.
Nope not the point. The point was that Officers develop methods of not getting sucked into the emotional quagmire, and if they are unable to be able to shield themselves it will overwhelm them.

Quote:
Old 10-02-2012, 22:54   #40
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
In the squad car or break room?
Hold yer horses, have to hook up the inverter first . . .

Quote:

Christ on a cracker! Who let in the graduate of the Midvale School for the Gifted?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote