Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 20:07   #51
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
Are you looking to transfer?
No, not at all. I'm simply hoping to discourage you and your ilk from posting anymore of this outright nonsense. Glock Talk is, essentially, a gun forum. Why a special sub-forum for God-haters and antisocial dissemblers is included here, I do not understand?

We'd all be able to learn so much more about guns, how to safely and effectively use them, and the world would be so much safer a place if you quasi-intellectuals and (not so funny) antisocial miscreants just went somewhere else to vent your inner hostility and rage against both the historical Judeo-Christian God and His creation - the universe in which we live for such short periods of time.

Don't you get it! You're not contributing anything useful; and I, for one, am tired of reading your lame witticisms and whining. Really, I'd much rather discuss guns and self-defense; and leave the angry little God-haters to go someplace else to spew their particular type of vitriol. Another thing, too: Of late the usual religious silliness and nonsense, around here, is getting worse - Not against Muslims and Al-Islam, but against Christians and Jews.

How is it that in America, today, Christians and Jews always seem to come across as the best targets? I know you think you're chic and in sync with the times; but to me - and my extensive seminary education - you come off as just another modern angry God-hating fool. Is this really what you want to do with the less than 50 years' worth of existence you've got left?

(Even as you read this the clock is ticking; and you're already on your way out. The only question is, 'To where'?)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-06-2012 at 20:17..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 20:41   #52
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
No, not at all. I'm simply hoping to discourage you and your ilk from posting anymore of this outright nonsense. Glock Talk is, essentially, a gun forum. Why a special sub-forum for God-haters and antisocial dissemblers is included here, I do not understand?
How can I hate something that doesn't exist? How is debating on the subject anti-social? You might want to look up what anti-social really means. Those who are insecure about their faith, often tend to hate when others bring up logic and facts, hence the word "faith"; believing in something with no factual basis to back it up.

Quote:
We'd all be able to learn so much more about guns, how to safely and effectively use them, and the world would be so much safer a place if you quasi-intellectuals and (not so funny) antisocial miscreants just went somewhere else to vent your inner hostility and rage against both the historical Judeo-Christian God and His creation - the universe in which we live for such short periods of time.
Good, if religious talk offends you, and you just want to learn about guns, stay out of this sub forum. I suggest general glocking, gen firearms, tact shotguns, black rifle forum, carry issues, or the many other forums out there that are set heavy in these topics that catch your interest. It seems you're offended again, and have no logic or facts to back up your "faith".

Quote:
Don't you get it! You're not contributing anything useful; and I, for one, am tired of reading your lame witticisms and whining. Really, I'd much rather discuss guns and self-defense; and leave the angry little God-haters to go someplace else to spew their particular type of vitriol. Another thing, too: Of late the usual religious silliness and nonsense, around here, is getting worse - Not against Muslims and Al-Islam, but against Christians and Jews.
This thread was started to show how many religions there are, and how they are created. It seems to have upset you that I pointed it out so clearly. All you could come up with were personal insults.

Quote:
How is it that in America, today, Christians and Jews always seem to come across as the best targets? I know you think you're chic and in sync with the times; but to me - and my extensive seminary education - you come off as just another modern angry God-hating fool. Is this really what you want to do with the less than 50 years' worth of existence you've got left?

(Even as you read this the clock is ticking; and you're already on your way out. The only question is, 'To where'?)
Modern god hating fool? Again, how can I hate something that doesn't exist? Your definition of hate is out of whack.

Oppressed christians?

Religious Issues

When the time comes eh?

Religious Issues
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:41   #53
Altaris

Quote:

Why all of the hate? What do you have against OctoberRust's new religion? You just need to accept the one true goddess, before she lays waste to your city.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:28   #54
AlexHassin

Quote:

careful the goddesses battle ax shows no mercy and is happy to lay down the fools.
AlexHassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:38   #55
snowbird

Quote:
I hear what you're saying, brother. This thread reminds me of the Biblical "pearls before swine" passage. Or the 'shake off the dust of that scoffers' town from your sandals' passage.

I once saw a note in my Dad's Bible about eternity being divided into Smokers and NonSmokers sections...this thread surely gives the appearance of having a lot of Smokers.

At least you tried to reach out to them, God bless you for that.
Old 10-07-2012, 15:53   #56
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

Feel free to avoid this subforum if it offends you when people point out you can't back up your beliefs with anything more substantial than "well, I believe it"...

It probably does suck when this made up stuff has as much evidence going for it as your belief system.

My condolences...

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:30   #57
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Why all of the hate? What do you have against OctoberRust's new religion? You just need to accept the one true goddess, before she lays waste to your city.

don't forget to let him know, that when the charity basket comes around, give GENEROUSLY.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 21:30   #58
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
How is it that despite your "extensive seminary education" you're unable to refrain from clicking on this sub-forum and further find yourself unable to make a post without a vague "bad things will happen after you die" threat?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14   #59
Sharkey

I'm having fun here, beats the Christian threads where all you non-believers come and poo poo on others beliefs.

My head is still reeling that Jesus is not a white, cafe sipping, metrosexual. A swarthy middle easterner? How dare God come in human form to save us AND he picks a non white culture to do it?

Makes me almost want to partake of this new religion (which is actually just an older form of idolatry that has already been done).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46   #60
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Why is it you religious folk always want to silence people? It's not that you don't like our views... you want us not to be able to voice them at all. Yet you feel you should be perfectly free to go around professing beliefs for which you have zero evidence as the one and only truth. Doesn't work that way. This was meant to be a light and fun thread. You have to realize that most people don't take religion all that seriously. Even most believers. Only the extremists really consider it a matter of life and death.

Quote:
the world would be so much safer a place
Without religion.

Quote:
Don't you get it! You're not contributing anything useful
Just as useful as religion.

Quote:
I, for one, am tired of reading your lame witticisms and whining.
Then get out.

Quote:
Of late the usual religious silliness and nonsense, around here, is getting worse - Not against Muslims and Al-Islam, but against Christians and Jews.
Awwww someone feels like a victim.

Quote:
How is it that in America, today, Christians and Jews always seem to come across as the best targets?
You're not seeing it in the correct light. You aren't targets. No one is targeting you. Hop off your cross... you aren't being victimized. What's happening is that Christianity and Judaism are dying in this country. Religion all together is dying in this country. Your views are being pushed out of the public square because people (even believers) are just tired of hearing about it. It's a strange sort of mass delusion the religious. Most people are smart enough now to know we weren't created from clay by a guy with a beard in a white robe in the sky. Most people really have a sense that much of what's in the bible is nonsense. But many still believe, in a luke warm type of way, because it's a social function and it brings them comfort when thinking about their eventual death. But take a look around. If you had to give a number from 1 to 10 to gauge a persons strength of faith... you being the most devout at 10 and me being the least devout at 1... what would you rank most Christians and Jews? They go to church every sunday.... but you'll catch most of them getting drunk watching the football game later that day. They put up a little baby Jesus in their yard at Christmas but Judy is cheating on her husband with her boss at work. The kids go to christian youth camp every summer but little suzie is giving angry hand jobs to boys behind the dumpster. Very few people take this stuff seriously anymore. So you're not a target. Your archaic mythology is just losing it's grip on humanity. And it's about damn time.

Quote:
I know you think you're chic and in sync with the times
WOW! Do we think we're hip daddy'o? Do we think we're jammin on the 1's and 2's? How about tubular? Just making that statement tells me you have to be a hundred. But you probably are old. And that's the key. Today's generations have no use for religion. Even the ones that believe do so in a (yeah yeah... after I watch the Jersey Shore) kinda way. Your religion has had it's day... and now... like greek and nordic faiths... is going to be left in history. Did you really think it was going to last forever. I'm sure that's what the greeks thought too when they were worshiping their Gods.

Last edited by Glock36shooter; 10-08-2012 at 09:47..
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:54   #61
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
I'm having fun here, beats the Christian threads where all you non-believers come and poo poo on others beliefs.
No worries. We still have time for that too.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40   #62
Foxtrotx1

I'm too buys figuring out how to advance science and our understanding of this life to worry about the next one.

Eagle Scout.
Foxtrotx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 13:26   #63
RyanBDawg

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 19:35   #64
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Hey guys! I've noticed some of the religious folk seem REALLY happy!

So, I've decided to go shopping for an imaginary friend. I want one that is kool with me taking days off, but you know, I'll talk and hang out with him on maybe one day a week, not sunday though, that's too cliche'. Read below for the prerequisites of features this god must have before recommending me an imaginary friend/god/whatever you guys want to call it.

1. Must be big, burly, and ready to kick butt! If this god is not male, and is female, she must be HOT! Preferably a brownish female IE middle eastern, hispanic, asian, etc. She must still be kool though, and know how to use tons of weapons and fight like a man, while maintaining the beauties and femininity of a woman.

2. The heaven has to be cool, roomy, and tons of guns and tech toys for me to play with. If I'm going to take the time out of my life and dedicate one day to this imaginary friend, I want my return on investment to be GOOD.

3. No lame rules, and fear mongering, unless it's on those "non-believers". Then by all means! Lame rules consist of, but are not limited to "no sex before marriage, no polygamy, no drinking, no bad words, etc etc"

4. The god or goddess needs a pet. Like an awesome fierce looking pet. I would say a wolf, but that was fenrir in Norse mythology, and I'm afraid they'd sue me. So maybe like a dog...... The dog needs to be a breed that doesn't take crap from anybody! So maybe a Rottweiler, Germanshepherd, dobermann, etc etc......

I'll come up with more criteria for this imaginary friend to meet later, for now I hope my religious buddies and non-religious buddies here can help me concoct a new and improved religion! We can even maybe find ways to make a good amount of money off this, and of course since it's a religion, we'll be able to hide behind that "churches aren't taxed" stuff. Let the ideas begin!

PS - and NO flying spaghetti monster!
You can pray to Ron Paul.

Wait...you're already doing that.

Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:53   #65
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
This thread was started to show how many religions there are, and how they are created.
Dogs bark, ducks quack, and libs lie.

But never mind. There is a carpenter from Galilee that you need to meet. He preached love, the opposite of all this screeching mockery and hate that is in so much of this thread.