Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2012, 20:21   #1
bigmoney890

Well you just heard it...

Obama "wants to introduce another assault weapons ban".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 20:52   #2
1-2man
Part Time

People will still say he is Pro-2a.
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 20:55   #3
Bring_it!

Pretty clear it's coming if he is gets another term.

gen 2 G21, gen 3 G30SF, & others

Last edited by Bring_it!; 10-16-2012 at 20:55..
Bring_it! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 22:07   #4
njl

If the House stays Republican, hopefully it can't get passed.
Old 10-16-2012, 22:25   #5
SJ 40

Have you ever felt like a mind reader http://www.sify.com/news/obama-calls...rjrafdigd.html
Gee I didn't see that coming,whether he said it or not,Duh.
SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 10-16-2012 at 22:26.. Reason: repair link
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 23:01   #6
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-2man View Post
People will still say he is Pro-2a.

But I heard him. He believes in the Second Amendment. He believes in hunting. He believes in sport shooting. He just doesn't believe people need the same weapons that the military and police need. Aaaaaaa Excuse me Barry, the Founders wrote the second so that the federal government COULD NOT STOP The People from bearing the same arms as the military. But The Obomination supports the Second Amendment.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 10-16-2012 at 23:05..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37   #7
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
But I heard him. He believes in the Second Amendment. He believes in hunting. He believes in sport shooting. He just doesn't believe people need the same weapons that the military and police need. Aaaaaaa Excuse me Barry, the Founders wrote the second so that the federal government COULD NOT STOP The People from bearing the same arms as the military. But The Obomination supports the Second Amendment.
That pretty much says it...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 15:51   #8
cotton617

I believe he said he would be "reintroducing the assault weapons ban"

Now what does that mean if say I own an AR15? Am I grandfathered in and can still own my AR15, my 15 round Glock magazines, etc? Or will we be forced to forfeit our now illegal weapons and accesories?
cotton617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 16:11   #9
GoBuffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton617 View Post

Now what does that mean if say I own an AR15? Am I grandfathered in and can still own my AR15, my 15 round Glock magazines, etc? Or will we be forced to forfeit our now illegal weapons and accesories?
That is the million dollar question.

Think about it like this though. It would be a lot easier to close down production of these rifles (which are going strong right now), than it would be to wave a giant metal detector-magnet over the country and pick up all the "assault rifles".

Good luck going door to door asking for people to hand them over. I assume there is no list where they can keep track of who has what.
GoBuffs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 17:59   #10
cotton617

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBuffs! View Post
That is the million dollar question.

Think about it like this though. It would be a lot easier to close down production of these rifles (which are going strong right now), than it would be to wave a giant metal detector-magnet over the country and pick up all the "assault rifles".

Good luck going door to door asking for people to hand them over. I assume there is no list where they can keep track of who has what.
I live in NH and don't register firearms, I simply walk into a gun store and as long as I pass the background check I can purchase and leave.
cotton617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 18:04   #11
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Lets be serious folks. Just because the president is in favor of something doesn't mean it is going to get passed into law. Currently, with a Republican controlled house, a ban would have ZERO chance of making it through. Further, there are several blue dog Democrats and other Democrats from rural states out west that wouldn't dream of voting for it. It would be political suicide for them.

Further, no bill can make it through the Senate without 60 votes. No chance of a bill like that happening.

Obama was saying that because his base wants to hear it. It isn't going to happen. It is straight up calculated politics, no more no less.

So rest easy. No gun laws changing. And if they are, it will hopefully be Illinois finally catching on to what the rest of the country has figured out and finally allowing concealed carry.

DON'T PANIC.

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 10-17-2012 at 18:05..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 18:37   #12
GoBuffs!

Quote:
I live in NH and don't register firearms, I simply walk into a gun store and as long as I pass the background check I can purchase and leave.
Same in Colorado but don't you always kind of wonder if that name that you submit for a background check goes into some database somewhere? My last purchase was in cash a few months ago and I had to put my name on several forms/computers before I could finish the purchase.
GoBuffs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 19:10   #13
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Quote:
DON'T PANIC.

I'm not, ............just preparing.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 19:44   #14
shotgunred
reloading nut

That is not exactly news.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
shotgunred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 20:30   #15
CanMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post
Lets be serious folks. Just because the president is in favor of something doesn't mean it is going to get passed into law. DON'T PANIC.
You're right, no need to panic & I mean that seriously. I did buy another AR today anyway.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 20:57   #16
Bring_it!

Quote:

Barry and hitlery will let the UN knock on your door.

gen 2 G21, gen 3 G30SF, & others
Bring_it! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 20:59   #17
Acujeff

Quote:
Lets be serious folks. Just because the president is in favor of something doesn't mean it is going to get passed into law. Currently, with a Republican controlled house, a ban would have ZERO chance of making it through. Further, there are several blue dog Democrats and other Democrats from rural states out west that wouldn't dream of voting for it. It would be political suicide for them.

Further, no bill can make it through the Senate without 60 votes. No chance of a bill like that happening.

Obama was saying that because his base wants to hear it. It isn't going to happen. It is straight up calculated politics, no more no less.

So rest easy. No gun laws changing. And if they are, it will hopefully be Illinois finally catching on to what the rest of the country has figured out and finally allowing concealed carry.

DON'T PANIC.

Congress has nothing to do with it. This is what President Obama has done, without Congressional authority, so far:

Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), which lead to orders registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harass gun shops out of business and promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty. The Senate didn't stop him from appointing two anti-2A Supreme Court Justices and 125 anti-2A liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

Under an expansion of the civil forfeiture doctrine, Obama has just given the ATF the power to seize your firearms if they choose to, without due process, and even if you are not under investigation. Under Obama’s new decree, if the ATF says they are going to confiscate your firearms, they can.

Imagine what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices (one more anti-2A Justice makes a majority and we'll never see a pro-2A decision again in our lifetime). Obama and the Democrats are openly campaigning not only on making the expired federal AWB permanent but also making guns “childproof”, banning private gun transfers and sales, regulating ammo purchases and now banning "cheap" handguns.

Do you really doubt Obama won't try to use/abuse his authority to accomplish these goals any way he can? Even without Congress, Obama is still the biggest threat to our RKBA.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...n-second-term/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

Last edited by Acujeff; 10-17-2012 at 21:02..
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 00:42   #18
countrygun

Quote:

DON'T PANIC.

Do you know why they cannot sell new open-bolt Mac10s anymore?

they were never "outlawed" by the any usual manner. It was an "Administrative decision" within the BATFE Reclassifying them as "too easily converted to full-auto"

that was it, no debate, no input not even a "by your leave".

One word from Obama and the BATFE can "decide" that ARs and AKs are "Too easy to convert" as well, no appeals nothing.

Done deal

Don't think the "Slidefire" stocks were OK'ed by accident. They will eventually become "A serious problem that is going to take serious steps to correct"

Last edited by countrygun; 10-19-2012 at 00:19..
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:42   #19
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:

DON'T PANIC.
He will EO or SCOTUS select ta modify it ta fit his needs.We are quite clear on yer leanings,I've seen them for a wee bit.Folks relying on the houses or SCOTUS ta regulate the potus is out the window if'n he gets another chance.

We need ta stop unfettered.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:06   #20
samuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_it! View Post
Barry and hitlery will let the UN knock on your door.
Light blue is a great color to contrast a RDS.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote