SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:13   #1
Crimsontide6

33rnd mags for Home Defense: Liability?

Hi,

Is there a major liability concern with using the glock 33rnd stick mags in a home defense gun? I have a G17 gen 4, and to me, it makes sense to have as many rounds with you as possible, but that the odds of bringing a spare mag with you in that sort of situation may be slim. I can see some lawyer pulling a "those are the same mags used by Jared Loughner" or something to that effect though.

2nd question: Just switched to the G17 from a G23, and grabbed some carry ammo in the store. I know you always seem to reccommend gold dots, and I wanted either those, HST or ranger T, but what they had was federal hydra shok 124grn standard pressure, or corbon 135grn flex lock. I ended up grabbing some of the hydra shok. Is that an acceptable self defense round or are there better options out there?
Crimsontide6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 23:53   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

You can expect it to be brought up if opposing counsel feels like painting you as a Rambo. A good attorney should be able to craft a defense that explains it.

Federal makes lots of good ammo for 9mm, notably the HST series. I never saw anything to tell me that Hydra-Shok was anywhere near as good in 9mm as it was in .45.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:25   #3
Crimsontide6

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get some better stuff and dump the hydra shoks at the range.
Crimsontide6 is offline   Reply With Quote