SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 16:44   #121
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
The conservative base that is trying to elect a liberal rino gun banning big government socialized medicine man? What does he have worry about?
Oh but you miss details deliberately. The "gun Banning" myth has been debunked and, at best, all you can do is spin it to Romney still being better than Obama.

Romney made a very good point, and he has never waivered from it from the beginning, last night. He wants the individual States to work out health care systems to suit the people. (you know, kind of a "State's Rights" position). That is what he approved in Mass. Go back and listen to the debate again, you missed him explaining that.

It makes perfect sense. Being a believer in the free enterprise system, allowing the States to choose their method is entirely sensible. Some States will go with a winning idea, some won't. those that don't can copy from the success. Like the free enterprise system it engenders a competition of sorts to come up with a workable system rather than the Federal Government trying to slap a "one size fits all" solution to 50 States. The odds are against the Fed being successful. If a Federal solution fails EVERYBODY loses.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:47   #122
Fed Five Oh
NRA Member

Seems our Super Patriots are in full melt down mode with 0bama losing the first debate.

Weird.
Fed Five Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:50   #123
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
That's true to a point. Third parties siphon more from one side than the other. For example, all thing being equal, a libertarian candidate will siphon more votes from a republican candidate than the dems. A Greenparty candidate will siphon more votes from a democrat candidate than a republican. Again, all things being equal.
This changes from election to election but third parties affect both parties. My gf is a registered Dem that voted for O in 2008, but she will be voting Green Party this election. Anecdotal but goes to show that neither candidate is immune from losing votes to third parties, particularly this election, with such high anti-establishment sentiment going around.

Quote:
He made a bunch of strange faces and misspoke several times on several different topics.
Strange faces and occasional misspeaking? He and his positions should be ignored in favor of the guy with good hair and scripted lines. Though Im pretty sure you are an example of the mindset of the typical voter.
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:53   #124
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Oh but you miss details deliberately. The "gun Banning" myth has been debunked
It has? I didn't see you in the thread where I show the exact wording of the MA gun ban and ask for anybody to step up and dispute it's a gun ban.

Go ahead and debunk it:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...1445862&page=2
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:55   #125
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Oh but you miss details deliberately. The "gun Banning" myth has been debunked and, at best, all you can do is spin it to Romney still being better than Obama.

Romney made a very good point, and he has never waivered from it from the beginning, last night. He wants the individual States to work out health care systems to suit the people. (you know, kind of a "State's Rights" position). That is what he approved in Mass. Go back and listen to the debate again, you missed him explaining that.

It makes perfect sense. Being a believer in the free enterprise system, allowing the States to choose their method is entirely sensible. Some States will go with a winning idea, some won't. those that don't can copy from the success. Like the free enterprise system it engenders a competition of sorts to come up with a workable system rather than the Federal Government trying to slap a "one size fits all" solution to 50 States. The odds are against the Fed being successful. If a Federal solution fails EVERYBODY loses.
You've been fed a bunch of bunk by acujeff.
Romney said that he wants to install socialized medicine through the states. Romney's idea is big government directed onto the states which is a far cry from states rights under the 10th Amendment. Nice try at spinning it though. He has also said that he would end obamacare, then he has said that he will keep parts of it, never mind all that though, he gave a good speech and you got a tingle up your leg.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:56   #126
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Five Oh View Post
Seems our Super Patriots are in full melt down mode with 0bama losing the first debate.

Weird.
Don't you have some dogs to go shoot?
Old 10-04-2012, 17:01   #127
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19G20 View Post
I dunno, he's sure found some SOB's to aim at around here.

Old 10-04-2012, 17:04   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
So a reference to your own post of a couple of quotes of mine (neither of which mention Paul) grouped with a bunch of Paul guys' posts proves I'm a Paul guy?
You've been an admitted Paul supporter since at least March when Paul was still in the race.

From your Romney Needs to loose thread: It's locked so I can't quote it.

The entire exchange is there all 177 posts.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1427904

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:05   #129
Gundude

Quote:
You've been fed a bunch of bunk by acujeff.
Yup, he and acujeff can now point to each other's "facts" as backup.
Quote:
Romney said that he wants to install socialized medicine through the states. Romney's idea is big government directed onto the states which is a far cry from states rights under the 10th Amendment. Nice try at spinning it though. He has also said that he would end obamacare, then he has said that he will keep parts of it, never mind all that though, he gave a good speech and you got a tingle up your leg.
Romney said he will keep "the part" of Obamacare. The mandated pre-existing condition coverage (along with the mandated buy-in). That he can now say in a debate that he'd repeal Obamacare, and anybody would believe him, is laughable.
Old 10-04-2012, 17:05   #130
Jerry

Quote:
I don't know about dogs, but when we can start shooting liberals I'm in.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:08   #131
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Quote:
I dunno, he's sure found some SOB's to aim at around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I don't know about dogs, but when we can start shooting liberals I'm in.
Makes me fear for the future of this country just a little more every day.

Last edited by G19G20; 10-04-2012 at 17:08..
Old 10-04-2012, 17:18   #132
Gundude

Quote:
You've been an admitted Paul supporter since at least March when Paul was still in the race.

From your Romney Needs to loose thread: It's locked so I can't quote it.

The entire exchange is there all 177 posts.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1427904
That's BS. You can cut and paste. Show me.

Is it this one?
Quote:
No, what was the date on that post? I'm pretty sure it was long before Ron Paul evaporated from the race. If I was a Ron Paul supporter, I would've been supporting Ron Paul at the time.
ETA: Oh yeah, there's a link there: 03-09-2012. So there you go.

I like most of RP's ideas. Most of his ideas that I like aren't even really his, but simply libertarian principles. At the time of that post, and now, I believe it's more important to prevent the Republican party from straying even further from any sort of small-government platform than to expend effort worrying about Ron Paul. Voting Republican with the "warning" that big-government behavior won't be tolerated is a laughable fantasy. Only one currency matters: votes. Idle threats do not matter. Therefore I do what I can: vote against them.
Oh yeah, you got me! Sounds like the psychotic ramblings of a PaulBot!

Is that why you refused to quote anything? Because you found the opposite of what you claimed?
Old 10-04-2012, 17:19   #133
Jerry

Quote:
Makes me fear for the future of this country just a little more every day.
You should be afraid. If the liberals keep forcing their will on people The People will eventually revolt. If a Conservative doesn't like something he doesn't do it. If a liberal doesn't like something he doesn't want anyone to do it. It's the difference between Freedom and Fascism.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 10-04-2012, 17:26   #134
countrygun

It is time for a countrygun prediction

I will go out on a very solid limb here and I want those who disagree to PLEASE chime in so we can have your opinions preserved.

""Third parties will have one of the 2 lowest turnout percentages,(for third parties) in this election, of the last 40 years."
Old 10-04-2012, 17:33   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
That's BS. You can cut and paste. Show me.

Is it this one?Oh yeah, you got me! Sounds like the psychotic ramblings of a PaulBot!

Is that why you refused to quote anything? Because you found the opposite of what you claimed?
Fine.

Later on in the thread:
You:

Quote:
My vote is a vote against Romney. The "two-party rule" says to vote against Romney, I need to vote for Obama. This is the exact same "two-party rule" that everybody else is citing in their intention to vote for Romney, even though they don't like him.

I'm not 100% behind Obama. I'm probably not even 5% behind him. I'm voting for him because I'm 0% behind Romney.

Any more smoking guns you got for me?
Me;
Quote:
I guess I wasn't clear.

The contradiction is that Obama is the very antithesis of everything Paul supporters say they believe, yet they are willing to vote for Obama, to teach a lesson, to effect change.

What is right is voting Obama out of office.
You;
Quote:
Well thank you for dropping your flip-flop accusation and testifying to my consistency. You can also see now that it has nothing to do with bitterness about Ron Paul dropping out of the race.

If you want to treat the words "voter" and "supporter" as synonymous, then yes, your statement is correct. I've intended to vote for Obama ever since it became obvious who the Republican candidate would be. The reasons for my intent have been repeatedly and consistently explained.

You may not agree with them, but the purpose of publishing them is to encourage others with the same philosophy to do likewise. I did come to the realization that if I want somebody to lose, I should vote for the other person, as unpleasant a task as that is. To refuse to vote while still hoping for a certain outcome is wrong.

So to those who feel they're unable to bring themselves to vote for Obama, think again. If you really don't care who wins, then not voting is fine. But if you're rooting for one or the other, to either win or lose, consider that it is your duty to help make that outcome a reality.
Me:

Quote:
First you say you're Paul supporter, now you say are an Obama supporter, the very antithesis of Paul,- that is not consistancy, that's flip flopping. Then after admitting you're voting for Obama and admitting your Obama vote is to affect change in the GOP, you can't figure out why people think you are an Obama supporter, and the obsession with teaching a lesson.
You didn't deny being a Paul supporter then, now you're denying it?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 10-04-2012 at 17:37..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:37   #136
douggmc

Quote:
You should be afraid. If the liberals keep forcing their will on people The People will eventually revolt. If a Conservative doesn't like something he doesn't do it. If a liberal doesn't like something he doesn't want anyone to do it. It's the difference between Freedom and Fascism.
I'd really be interested in reading some examples.

Last edited by douggmc; 10-04-2012 at 17:40..
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:52   #137
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
Why? So you can go run and hide like Flintlocker did when I start asking questions and back you into a corner. One of the things that make me laugh at liberals (at them not at what they are trying to accomplish) is they're all for making others do or stop doing but when it comes to them having to do or stop doing it's "hey, I have right's you know". I'm a Constitutionalists. Liberals only recolonize the parts of the Constitution that benefit them at the particular moment they need it to.

Example? Try Obomacare for one. The list is long.

Now if you need more of an explanation be prepared to answer some of my question and give me explanations. Be afraid! Be very afraid!
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 10-04-2012 at 17:57..
Old 10-04-2012, 17:54   #138
Gundude

Here's where you're going wrong:
Quote:
Me:

"First you say you're Paul supporter, now you say are an Obama supporter, the very antithesis of Paul..."

You didn't deny being a Paul supporter then, now you're denying it?
You saying I'm a Paul supporter doesn't make me a Paul supporter. You linking back to a place where you say I'm a Paul supporter still doesn't make me a Paul supporter.

In that same thread I said "If I was a Ron Paul supporter, I would've been supporting Ron Paul at the time." Does that sound like a Paul supporter? No, it sounds like somebody denying he's a Paul supporter, so even in your fantasy land where not denying something is the same as admitting something, it wouldn't apply.

That thread is full of rabid people attack Paul supporters. Ron Paul wasn't even brought into that thread by a Paul supporter, but instead by somebody trying to lump everybody who doesn't vote for Romney together as Paul supporters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX
You Ron Paul/Barack Obama supporters need to get your priorities straight.
You guys have serious PaulBot-phobia. Not everything is about Ron Paul, and you guys make everything about Ron Paul far more than so-called "PaulBots' do.
Old 10-04-2012, 18:30   #139
douggmc

Quote:
Why? So you can go run and hide like Flintlocker did when I start asking questions and back you into a corner. One of the things that make me laugh at liberals (at them not at what they are trying to accomplish) is they're all for making others do or stop doing but when it comes to them having to do or stop doing it's "hey, I have right's you know". I'm a Constitutionalists. Liberals only recolonize the parts of the Constitution that benefit them at the particular moment they need it to.

Example? Try Obomacare for one. The list is long.

Now if you need more of an explanation be prepared to answer some of my question and give me explanations. Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Hmm. Seems like an awfully presumptive, defensive, and sharp response to what was a simple question. I'm sorry you seem to have an issue with another member. I don't recall having any interaction with you in the past. So ... bit surprised.

... and I'll try not to "run and hide", but I do have a job and require sleep, so no promises I will respond on your schedule (or that I won't get bored and go elsewhere).

So ... I'd be happy to answer questions. I haven't read one from you yet though (beyond "Why?"). Ask away. Otherwise ... I hope YOU don't "run and hide" from the question I posed to you already. Here it is again:

PS - Trust me .. I'm not going to be "afraid". I enjoy it ... it is nice entertainment and stimulating to lounge w/ my laptop on the couch interacting and reading while watching the boobtube.

Last edited by douggmc; 10-04-2012 at 18:33..
douggmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 18:36   #140
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

For all those so impressed or pleased by Romney's performance I would reference a bit of Chris Rock. Warning, foul language and NSFW.

That was Romney in a nut shell tonight. Granted he put the whoop on Obama, but again how hard was to do given the circumstances.

Last edited by juggy4711; 10-04-2012 at 18:39..
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote