SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 18:39   #1
Firebob2917
Forgiven

It is what it is!

Wow ready for Nov 6th to come and go! Yes I'll pray about it and vote convections. Belive the Bible or not, even historal records you can read it and see that his people walked away from from him and you can see the punishment that he sent there way. Wondering in the desert for a generation, captives of Rome, Babylon, slaves of Egypt , etc. the list goes on and on.

In our 236 years as a country you have to admit we have been blessed. Have traveled and lived in other countries and have not found another that I would trade for this one.

I guess my point would be have we strayed to far, yes there has always been unbelievers, but just in my life time I have seen such a disregard of what's right and wrong. The morals of this nation are in the gutter.

In the last 5 years or so have seen the US sliding down a slippery slope, credit down grade, the deficit growing, US intrest and citizens attacked here and there. Our government at an impass to get anything accomplished.

Question. Is there hope for this nation, or is it going to be more of the same until we are done.
GOA Member
USAF Ret
Firebob2917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:00   #2
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

So, God is lifting His veil of protection from the US because of declining morality?
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:04   #3
ggaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialGrape View Post
So, God is lifting His veil of protection from the US because of declining morality?
Devine Irony

Outdoor Hub Mobile
ggaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:08   #4
Firebob2917
Forgiven

Just going by history with his chosen people, don't think we are above being punished for our actions. Call it morality, Sin etc, but as a nation you have to admit we have gone down hill.
GOA Member
USAF Ret

Last edited by Firebob2917; 10-02-2012 at 19:11..
Old 10-02-2012, 19:12   #5
High-Gear

The smallest per capita group in prison are atheists. Unbelievers are more moral than believers it would seem.

Is your god so petty, he would punish the masses because he was not loved enough?

As a nation I think we are much better in some ways. We no longer own slaves. We no longer opress women. We no longer violate the rights of minorities (openly). Soon there will be marriage equality. We are far more educated as a society, and are learning more about our universe every day. Medicine has progressed at an exponential rate (lookup regenerative medicine).

We will come out of this economic recession (our growing population guarentees it). Instead of turning to bronze age myths with a negative outlook, why not focus on the positive?

Last edited by High-Gear; 10-02-2012 at 19:19..
High-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:13   #6
juggy4711
Nimrod Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebob2917 View Post
Just going by history with his chosen people, don't think we are above being punished for our actions. Call it morality, Sin etc, but as a nation you have to admit we have gone down hill.
So we are all getting screwed over because of the Jews?
juggy4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:32   #7
Vic Hays

Quote:

Yes, there were as many boos as there were ye's at the Democratic convention on putting a mention of God back into the platform.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Vic Hays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 20:11   #8
Firebob2917
Forgiven

Nope has nothing to due with the Jewish people, just using them as a historal reference on there transgression and how they were punished through the ages.
GOA Member
USAF Ret
Old 10-02-2012, 20:22   #9
Firebob2917
Forgiven

And AG, nope but because we have walked away from him. He is always there we just have to seek him.
GOA Member
USAF Ret
Old 10-02-2012, 20:35   #10
Sarge1400

Quote:
Wow ready for Nov 6th to come and go! Yes I'll pray about it and vote convections. Belive the Bible or not, even historal records you can read it and see that his people walked away from from him and you can see the punishment that he sent there way. Wondering in the desert for a generation, captives of Rome, Babylon, slaves of Egypt , etc. the list goes on and on.

In our 236 years as a country you have to admit we have been blessed. Have traveled and lived in other countries and have not found another that I would trade for this one.

I guess my point would be have we strayed to far, yes there has always been unbelievers, but just in my life time I have seen such a disregard of what's right and wrong. The morals of this nation are in the gutter.

In the last 5 years or so have seen the US sliding down a slippery slope, credit down grade, the deficit growing, US intrest and citizens attacked here and there. Our government at an impass to get anything accomplished.

Question. Is there hope for this nation, or is it going to be more of the same until we are done.
Almost too full of misspellings and grammatical errors to read. Too bad you didn't study English as ardently as you studied your magic book. Lack of morals won't be the end of our country, lack of education will.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 20:51   #11
Firebob2917
Forgiven

S1400 yes it is a wonderful book, my hope/prayer is one day you will see the truth in it before it's to late.

If I'm wrong in living my life this way accepting Jesus as my savior, and I die and nothing happen's it has been a great life. But if I'm right and you don't accept him them you know what the "magical book say's"
GOA Member
USAF Ret
Old 10-02-2012, 20:57   #12
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
If I'm wrong in living my life this way accepting Jesus as my savior, and I die and nothing happen's it has been a great life. But if I'm right and you don't accept him them you know what the "magical book say's"
Oy vey, Pascal's Wager rides again.
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 21:22   #13
Sarge1400

Quote:
S1400 yes it is a wonderful book, my hope/prayer is one day you will see the truth in it before it's to late.

I have studied your magic book, and found the truth not to be in it. I guess in a manner of speaking, it DID help me find the truth.
Sarge1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12   #14
snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Gear View Post
The smallest per capita group in prison are atheists.
I heard it was foxholes.
Old 10-03-2012, 13:24   #15
muscogee

Quote:
Oy vey, Pascal's Wager rides again.
It's a big favorite with newbies.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:27   #16
muscogee

Quote:
I disagree. We're working harder at loving our neighbors than ever before. It's those who worship money and self that are complaining.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:02   #17
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Samson let his hair be cut.
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:03   #18
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
It's a big favorite with newbies.
That and, "why do atheists bother posting here?"
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:16   #19
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Nope has nothing to due with the Jewish people, just using them as a historal reference on there transgression and how they were punished through the ages.
So the Holocaust was God punishing the jews for their transgressions? Man, I would love to watch you tell that to a Holocaust Survivor. You might get shanked.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 15:04   #20
Schabesbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
So the Holocaust was God punishing the jews for their transgressions?
No, but some think they were martyred.

Quote:
Man, I would love to watch you tell that to a Holocaust Survivor. You might get shanked.
Question: why do they call it the "Holocaust?"

Ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou
Schabesbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:03   #21
Ramjet38
SONS OF LIBERTY

Quote:
YES, ISAIAH 9:10 Also try reading the Harbinger. Some interesting oddities with our present and recent past government representatives, and the role they've played unknowingly.

You’ll never know the truth unless you seek the truth, and you’ve been looking in the wrong place.

Last edited by Ramjet38; 10-03-2012 at 18:04..
Ramjet38 is offline   Reply With Quote