SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:36   #41
ca survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaglocker View Post
many in le believe that only le should carry weapons.
+ 1,000,000
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:10   #42
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Obviously, you know nothing about me. Asking if you're being detained is one thing. Repeatedly asking, attempting to talk over the officer, etc.. are all shining examples that are easy to find on youtube.

There is a time and a place to argue being unlawfully detained, argue the merits of the Constitution, etc. The side of the road, is not it.

Open Carriers (a lot of them) open carry to get a reaction. When they get it, they cry.

IGF
I do know what you posted and commented on that. The above post reveals that a citizen exercising his rights gets your panties in a wad.
Old 10-06-2012, 14:13   #43
writwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Dewey View Post
You do know that quite a few of the members here are Leo's right? And you just called everyone out over out over just what you've heard? We have a tough job to do that not everyone can do. We put our lives on the line not for the pay or the gratitude. We do it to serve our community and to help where we can. Though with that said we have a job to do and we have to do what it takes to keep our selves safe. Just because your a respectable person does not mean you can't have something wrong that day or that week or even that month and are looking for someone to take it out on. Meaning the sidearm is going to get put in my possession not just for my safety but yours also. Just my two cents.

Every leo that does his job deserves our thanks. I have done that.
Those that enjoy bullying and/or and are in for "20 and out" deserve the disrespect they earned.
Many help the community and don't earn 100K and a pension for it.

Last edited by writwing; 10-06-2012 at 14:25..
writwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:16   #44
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
I do know what you posted and commented on that. The above post reveals that a citizen exercising his rights gets your panties in a wad.
The above post shows you live under a rock.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 14:42   #45
Rex G

Send a message via AIM to Rex G
If you want to attract police attention, forget open-carrying a gun; skip shaving for a few days, dress a bit scruffy, and try walking through a neighborhood, where one is not known, carrying a TV. Unusual behavior gets attention. This works quicker in areas with good police response time.

One big difference, of course, is that a TV is not much of a weapon. Want drama? Carry a huge screwdriver in your other hand.
Rex G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 17:30   #46
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by writwing View Post
That isn't what I got out of his post at all.

What I get from your post is that you are one of the individuals he is speaking of that would blabber on and on quoting the Constitution and continue talking about being illegaly detained during a simple traffic stop or sidewalk encounter turning a very routine thing into a major ordeal.

If you exercise your right to open carry a gun on your hip in a public place, don't get your panties in a wad when a police officer exercises his right to make sure you are on the up and up and not a danger to anyone around you.

Last edited by Roger1079; 10-07-2012 at 06:09..
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 00:13   #47
owl6roll

Send a message via AIM to owl6roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
I'm an leo and I DON'T assume an open carrier is a criminal. I know of no criminal that would open carry actually. Now I've seen (never run into one myself) some of the OC rights videos and would assume someone acting the way these nuts do is a criminal. The normal people I wouldn't. As has been said we have to investigate things reported. Don't act like some nut and it will be over quickly. It's not like I want to waste a lot of time on something that isn't even illegal (unless certain things have happened) in my state.
Yuup!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48   #48
cajun_chooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGlocker View Post
Many in LE believe that only LE should carry weapons.
thats the absolute truth..
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:37   #49
S.Dewey

REally........ you truly believe that Leo's don't want any one but us to have sidearms? This is where I step out of this debate before I put my two cents in and get banned from the site. Have a good day gentleman... and ladies.
S.Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 13:41   #50
jeepinbandit
Sgt. USMC

Send a message via Yahoo to jeepinbandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Dewey View Post
REally........ you truly believe that Leo's don't want any one but us to have sidearms? This is where I step out of this debate before I put my two cents in and get banned from the site. Have a good day gentleman... and ladies.

They said many they didn't say all. I know LEOs on both sides of the fence.
Old 10-07-2012, 13:54   #51
jbglock

I don't know one leo that thinks only people in le should have guns. I call BS for that. Some things are opinions. Some are outright lies.
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:05   #52
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Who says they do? From what I see, most OC stops are caused by citizens calling in "man with a gun". They have to check it out.

When you get pulled over for speeding, aren't they also "assuming" the possibility that you may pull out a gun and kill them?
I would agree. Society has changed over the years. After the late 80's the cops no longer liked people getting out of the car without reason. Prior to that it was almost normal to get out and chat with an officer and even sit in the car with them while they wrote a ticket. But violence has changed things.

For oc stops I agree that most are people calling in with "man with a gun" calls. Some officers do act like people are the enemy. But when I see a lot of these taped confrontations people are just trying to set the leo up and that is also wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 14:18   #53
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
I don't know one leo that thinks only people in le should have guns. I call BS for that. Some things are opinions. Some are outright lies.

Or at least often repeated internet "wisdom" that has little connection to the real world. Surveys of even police chiefs suggest that a majority agree in some cases citizens being armed reduces crime. Even in one of the most anti gun major cities in the only state that still does not have concealed carry several police groups have come out in favor of concealed carry legislation http://survivalandprosperity.com/tag...der-of-police/
http://www.aphf.org/surveyresults.pdf
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 10-07-2012 at 14:38..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 16:16   #54
jbglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Or at least often repeated internet "wisdom" that has little connection to the real world. Surveys of even police chiefs suggest that a majority agree in some cases citizens being armed reduces crime. Even in one of the most anti gun major cities in the only state that still does not have concealed carry several police groups have come out in favor of concealed carry legislation http://survivalandprosperity.com/tag...der-of-police/
http://www.aphf.org/surveyresults.pdf
I guess that just doesn't fit with whatever people think they know from watching TV, reading some radical anti-government web site, or other baloney. Personally I think if more of the public carry concealed or openly carried their really would be less crime. I don't even agree with concealed carry as it does exist in my state. I think if you can obtain a handgun permit then you should only be required to take the class to get a concealed carry permit and NOT be charged for this by the state.
jbglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:31   #55
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

I don't assume someone is or isn't a criminal. I'm even less apt to assume something about someone carrying a gun. I support open carry. But in an urban area, it's a cry for attention. A permit holder looking to be noticed is going to get noticed at some point, and this can sometimes cause a delay in their day while facts are checked rather than assumptions made. I prefer to blend rather than advertise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCmasterblaster View Post
Why do LEOs assume that OCers are criminals? I don't understand.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:02   #56
dpadams6

Quote:
Not true. If I pull someone over that has a cpl license and they are not carrying their gun, I ask them "why not. I would if I were you" It is not the LAW ABIDING citizens carrying a firearm we are worried about. Most officers i know do not have a problem with that. Criminals typically do not get their guns legally. Major difference.
As for the police stopping someone open carrying. Do realize how many calls from citizens the police get on "person with a gun"? Police then have to respond and "check out" that person with a gun. But does not mean the police are against that.

Last edited by dpadams6; 11-18-2012 at 08:05..
dpadams6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 13:26   #57
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lumberg View Post
I don't assume someone is or isn't a criminal. I'm even less apt to assume something about someone carrying a gun. I support open carry. But in an urban area, it's a cry for attention. A permit holder looking to be noticed is going to get noticed at some point, and this can sometimes cause a delay in their day while facts are checked rather than assumptions made. I prefer to blend rather than advertise.
ome people carry openly for good, legal reason. Example - I OC in NH because I don't have an out-of-state CCW permit yet.
Old 11-22-2012, 13:56   #58
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
I've only heard this on the internet.

(Is that proof enough it must be true? IDK).

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.

Last edited by Patchman; 11-22-2012 at 13:58..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 14:16   #59
xmanhockey7

Depending on the area I find most cops are in favor of citizens being armed. Now there are some who believe it should be concealed so they will harass people who OC or they do not know OC is legal so then they harass. Through people actually OCing many LEO have been educated on the legality of OC.
Old 11-22-2012, 14:29   #60
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

LE are educated on OC by lawyers and certified instructors in and after their academy, not by random permittees. While a select few may have difficulty computing why someone would do that (carry on a permit with the weapon purposely on display) intentionally in an urban setting, by and large, the average police officer is far more conversant with legal issues, to include those related to permittee carry, than the general non-LE/non lawyer public, except on the internet. . On the internet, the average permittee shoots more accurately than any cop, trains more/better/longer than anyone in law enforcement, makes more money than anyone in law enforcement, knows the law and has a grasp of constitutional considerations far beyond the grasp of the average supreme court justice, and has fresher breath than anyone with a real badge. But in reality, there's always room for improvement and mature discourse from both camps. Can does not equal should. But saying someone shouldn't do something just because another party thinks it unwise is no way to live. Carry on! Just do it in a pretty holster.