Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:45   #1
Deriffe

My G19 quest

I stopped at 5 gun shops yesterday in a search for a blue label G19. Either a NIB early Gen3 or later Gen4. My first stop was at my regular store, they have a great selection of Glocks but didn't have any blue labels. They were expecting some in their next shipment but didn't know when that would be.

One shop, with the "Authorized Glock" sign hanging on the wall, didn't know what "blue label" meant. I thanked them and went to the next stop. The next three, also with the authorized dealer sign hanging, emphatically told me they didn't do blue label pricing.....period. Thanked them for their time and walked out.

I have one more store to visit today that keeps their blue label selection in a separate display case, and then it looks like I will just have to wait for my main store to get their shipment in.

If nothing else, I learned one store to stay out of. When I asked the manager about blue labels, he looked at me like I had just dropped a massive turd on his counter and told me he didn't do that.

How does a pretty good sized gun store that has a good selection of Glock models and an authorized dealer sign either not know what blue labels are, or acts like I'm trying to steal from him?

And before the bashers start, the only projectile I am overly concerned about is the one coming out of the FRONT of the barrel, not the brass coming out the back.

NRA Life Member
Glock Armorer
Glock Instructor

Last edited by Deriffe; 10-06-2012 at 06:47..
Deriffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51   #2
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Another option you can try is a place like Ed's public safety, they do the blue label price you will just have to pay to transfer it in at your local guy, depending on what they charge and how fast you want your gun this may or may not be cost effective for you.

Good luck.

FM
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05   #3
Deriffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
Another option you can try is a place like Ed's public safety, they do the blue label price you will just have to pay to transfer it in at your local guy, depending on what they charge and how fast you want your gun this may or may not be cost effective for you.

Good luck.

FM
Thought about that but with the shipping costs and a $35.00 FFL transfer fee, it makes sense to me to just wait for the shipment. I can get a couple extra magazines with the cost savings.

NRA Life Member
Glock Armorer
Glock Instructor
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38   #4
mo.glocker

hey i hear you bout the brass,did you try mid-america or mikes ?hey who told you they didnt know what you were talking about(lol)-jef817
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45   #5
Ranger45

Call Ed's...great people, outstanding service. Got my last Glock from there. Shipping was only $20, which I hardly noticed since I used my GSSF coupon. End of quest.
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53   #6
Bruce M

I have to guess some dealers figure they don't make enough selling a first responder priced Glock.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:25   #7
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Wouldn't it be easier to call?

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27   #8
kodiakpb

Not all blue label dealers are equal. I would look up LE dealers by zip on glock's website and simply call around. Find out who is actually selling locally at the correct Blue Label price of $398. I've seen some LE dealers sell blue label 19's at $425 (or slightly more) to LE/MIL for whatever reason. As mentioned above, Ed's is always an option as well.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49   #9
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
I've seen some LE dealers sell blue label 19's at $425 (or slightly more) to LE/MIL for whatever reason.
Like cheaper than dirt. One of the many reasons i refuse to give them my business
Old 10-06-2012, 15:51   #10
Deriffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef817 View Post
hey i hear you bout the brass,did you try mid-america or mikes ?hey who told you they didnt know what you were talking about(lol)-jef817
Walked in to Mid America and walked out with my new blue label G19 this morning. Good folks there.

The other one's happened to be on my way home from work and I didn't have anything else to do. Mid America even has a separate display case just for blue label Glocks so you know immediately what is available. They had a Gen3 but the Gen4 was from 09/12 so the issues should have been resolved with it.

I'll take her for a spin in the morning. She'll snuggle right up with my 17, 21, 22, 23 and 35.

NRA Life Member
Glock Armorer
Glock Instructor
Old 10-06-2012, 16:28   #11
dakrat

there can only be one blue label distributor per so many miles radius
Old 10-06-2012, 22:19   #12
mo.glocker

good to hear,i bought my wife a late 2011 gen4 19 because of the small grip,she loves,perfect pistol-jeff
Old 10-06-2012, 23:16   #13
rabbivj

I Highly Recommend Eds...my last glock I bought came from there...Grant it its not that far for me to go to Eds.
rabbivj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 23:26   #14
crashoverrideplik

I had the same issue in my area. Lots of shops are getting out of the LE/GSSF Glocks it seems. I was on a list for a G19 for 3 months. My LGS says there isn't much in distributon.
crashoverrideplik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 23:47   #15
MikeG36

Glad it worked out for you. I went through similar BS 5 - 6 months ago. One shop offered me a 5% discount. Their price was $660 so that would've been a whopping $33..... Luckily with the help of some of the great people on this forum I found the right place and picked my G23 up for $398.

Let us know how she shoots!! :D
MikeG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39   #16
Deriffe

Took it to the range yesterday. Put 200 rounds through it. All bullets went out the front, all brass ejected out the back. So far, working like a champ.

NRA Life Member
Glock Armorer
Glock Instructor