SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 01:27   #1
IndianaMatt

Why does the US keep losing wars?

Korea: Disaster. Vietnam: Disaster. Iraq: Disaster. Afghanistan: Disaster.

Can anyone name a good reason why American men died for these utterly pointless exercises in military industrial complex?

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 11-02-2012 at 01:28..
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48   #2
Flintlocker

It's time to elect Mitt and start winning some wars for a change.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59   #3
dbak

Because of restrictions.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53   #4
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Its dishonest to start with a false premise.

You forgot we won Gulf One.

Korea was a win. The entire peninsula would be commie if not for our intervention. Did you make this post on a Samsung phone?

We didn't lose Viet Nam. We just left. It was an endless proxy struggle in someone else's back yard. And an honorable stand against communism.

There is no disposition yet on Iraq. The country is still in turmoil but stabilizing. Saddam met his end on the end of a rope.

Afghanistan…remember a couple thousand dead on 9/11, burning buildings, lots of planes crashing? Taliban removed from power, al qaeda fragmented, scumbags still being killed daily by drones and no American non-combatants killed till some incompetent or yet to be determined malicious democrat President failed to return fire this past 9/11. It too is not finished yet, and our cause has been nothing less than honorable.

You really are part of the subversive communist left aren't you? An America hating, blame us first type, a sellout to your own birthright. If you were on ship at sea and fell overboard to the sharks, well that would be a damn shame. Gee, doesn't seem to be any life preservers around here anywhere….

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by G29Reload; 11-02-2012 at 02:57..
Old 11-02-2012, 03:22   #5
Stubudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
You really are part of the subversive communist left aren't you? An America hating, blame us first type, a sellout to your own birthright. If you were on ship at sea and fell overboard to the sharks, well that would be a damn shame. Gee, doesn't seem to be any life preservers around here anywhere….
"Question wars? I wish you were dead!"

Lol. Quoting this idiot drunk before he sobers up and deletes it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24   #6
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubudd View Post
"Question wars? I wish you were dead!"

Lol. Quoting this idiot drunk before he sobers up and deletes it.
He wasn't questioning anything. He was declaring a failed proposition. And a dishonest one. Sewing subversive anti American lies.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:27   #7
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post

Can anyone name a good reason why American men died for these utterly pointless exercises in military industrial complex?
How exactly do you define winning and losing?

Does the fact that there literally millions of people that have had and are having much better lives because of our efforts constitute pointless? Unless of course you look to the living conditions of North Korea since the war, Saddam's-rape-room-era-Iraq, Taliban-killing-girls-for-going-to-school-era-Afghanistan and think all that is utopia... In which case please don't bother to answer my last question.

As pointed out below your question is base on a false premise.
Quote:
Its dishonest to start with a false premise.

You forgot we won Gulf One.

Korea was a win. The entire peninsula would be commie if not for our intervention. Did you make this post on a Samsung phone?

We didn't lose Viet Nam. We just left. It was an endless proxy struggle in someone else's back yard. And an honorable stand against communism.

There is no disposition yet on Iraq. The country is still in turmoil but stabilizing. Saddam met his end on the end of a rope.

Afghanistan…remember a couple thousand dead on 9/11, burning buildings, lots of planes crashing? Taliban removed from power, al qaeda fragmented, scumbags still being killed daily by drones and no American non-combatants killed till some incompetent or yet to be determined malicious democrat President failed to return fire this past 9/11. It too is not finished yet, and our cause has been nothing less than honorable...

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40   #8
Stubudd

Quote:
He wasn't questioning anything. He was declaring a failed proposition. And a dishonest one. Sewing subversive anti American lies.
You drunk, it doesn't matter what he was posting. Sane grown ups don't fantasize about the death of other people over something posted on a message board. Sewing subversive anti American lies, LOL. Listen to yourself. Ok drunken fascist gestapo in your own mind, put him on the list for disappearance right next to me

Old 11-02-2012, 04:36   #9
GlockRik

"We didn't lose Viet Nam".

Someone has lost touch with reality. The only win in the mid east is getting Bin Laden. Other than that all we have done is make a couple of countries safe for extremists and funnel billions to defense contractors.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56   #10
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRik View Post
"We didn't lose Viet Nam".

Someone has lost touch with reality. The only win in the mid east is getting Bin Laden. Other than that all we have done is make a couple of countries safe for extremists and funnel billions to defense contractors.
I always get a kick out of the argument that we really didn't lose in Vietnam, the media lost it for us. The argument that we won every major engagement is specious when you accept the fact that we often had 20% casualties when companies went out on patrol, without even making contact with the enemy. Booby traps and snipers are a great force mulitiplier. As a friend of mine once told me."it's amazing what a 100lb. man in black pajamas with a sock full of rice, a handfull of cartridges and a rusty rifle can do when he is fighting for his country".

The VC and NVA often fought us to a draw on the battlefield despite our total control of the air and overwhelming superiority of artillery and manpower, and at the end of the war they were till there and we weren't. How anyone can call that not losing is beyond me.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:07   #11
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
It's time to elect Mitt and start winning some wars for a change.
And where has he advocated declaring any war? He has not. You are truly one of the most antagonist morons to troll over from liberal refuge.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10   #12
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:

First off, the tone of your post suggest that you're not interest in hear an objective assessment. Since you've already deemed all of these wars are "utterly pointless exercises in military industrial complex", it's clear that you're just jumping up on your liberal soapbox again.

When someone genuinely wants to discuss the merits and failures associated with each of these wars, I will happily engage in that discussion. As for the two trolls, pound salt up your respective arses.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22   #13
ricklee4570

Because we want to be politically correct instead of letting our men do what needs to be done.

I suspect most who are anti war are also those who have never nor would they ever serve.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24   #14
hogship
It's MY Island

Msm

Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

Old 11-02-2012, 05:30   #15
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Disaster? Of those, Vietnam didn't go so well.

Typical of liberals is hiding at home on the couch and then making up stories about wars they've only seen on TV.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:31   #16
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

We haven't had a war since 1945. We "lost" the other adventures you referred to because they were initiated without the commitment of Congress.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:36   #17
Brucev

Quote:

In this case... we lost in iraq and afghanistan because we fought a war for which there was no reason to fight.

That's what happens when the political class drive the decision making process and when the military-industrial complex push the process because of for them war is a money making proposition.

Closed Thread