SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:10   #1
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Good carry belt

Looking for a dedicated carry belt, keep hearing beltman is the way to go, got questions on how people like there belts and other options, things such as thickness (seem to go 1.25-1.75 in most options) and what materials have worked. Im looking leather for everyday wear. I Have a blackhawk riggers belt i love for range work but its not an everyday belt for me.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14   #2
Mark Smeaton

http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/

I have a problem with delayed gratification, so I got a quick ship belt from the above. Very happy, had it for 18 months and will order a custom model soon.
Mark Smeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I have two Beltman belts. One I am wearing right now is over 12 years old. The second one is newer and longer length, I am changing with the years.

I consider it the second best investment I ever made. It has not demonstrated any change in performance, and still holds my pistol tight to my body (IWB) after all this time. I bought a second and I would have no reservations about buying another, if I had any reason to.

There are good dedicated gun belt makers out there. Spend you money wisely and spend it once. You will never regret it.

I bought the width that fits the type/style of pants I wear, don't forget to measure the dress pants too. I order 2" longer for IWB and increase pants waist size also 2", for gun clearance

I carry a G27 and recently changed to a .357 Mag. I have no problems with stretch, rolling or limpness of the belt and never feel the weight of the gun. Weight of the gun requires better quality belts.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21   #4
RichM
NRA Benefactor

Beltman for me.

I've ordered quite a few from him.
For myself, my wife, and my daughters.

I wear a 1 1/4" with dress slacks/trousers and 1 1/2" with jeans.
I'm been wearing one or the other all day, every day for years and they still look new.

They look good, wear good, and feel good.

We normally carry G19's and G26's but I also carry a S&W 5906 with a 20 rnd. mag when I'm working outside around the property and hardly ever notice it.

I've tried others, but Beltman is what I'll be using from now on.

Rich

Last edited by RichM; 10-01-2012 at 15:55..
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:54   #5
dosei

I'm a HUGE fan of the Aker B21. But they have become difficult to find lately, which is unfortunate since they were a hard belt to beat for under $50 delivered. I am also a big proponent of belts with internal stiffeners, since I have never ever found a belt to be "too stiff". IMHO, as long as it is flexible enough to go around my waist it isn't "too stiff"...YMMV.

thebeltman.net makes great belts, no doubt about that.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04   #6
collim1
Shower Time!

I have a horsehide Beltman 1.5" tapered and am very pleased with it. I carry a P239 and a spare mag daily and that is not a light setup. I use it at the range with a 1911 and a P226 w/ 2 mags and it still holds well.

I have mine for three years now and carried it daily and his formed a curve but still looks new. I highly recommend Beltman.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16   #7
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Do you have a price range?

If you're on a budget, the Aker B21 is a great choice. Options/sizes are limited, but as long as you can find it in the configurations you need... it's a great belt.

If you're looking at a custom belt... The Beltman is fantastic. Many of us have had them for several years. I've had mine for about 4, and love it. Comp-Tac also has a very nice leather belt.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 15:08   #8
ChicagoZman

Mitch Rosen Express Line belts (1.5 inch) are $70. I have several, some over ten years old.
ChicagoZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 15:17   #9
John43

Beltman here also.
John43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 15:25   #10
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Thickest, belt I've ever used other than a D.M. Bullard elephant:

http://rgrizzleleather.com/Belts_Mag_Carriers.html
Old 10-01-2012, 15:27   #11
DRJ1911

+1 for AG Leather. GREAT belts and even better service.

Doyle
DRJ1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 17:43   #12
SCmasterblaster

I have always gotten my belts at WalMart, and I have never considered the service life of the cheap belts. Maybe I'll try the Beltman.
Old 10-01-2012, 18:04   #13
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth

Are Beltman Belts double thick? I have a Tucker belt that is double thick and I am not real fond of it. Plus it is so thick it won't fit through a lot of holster loops.

I just got a Milk Sparks. It feels thinner and cheaper-for lack of a better word-than the Kramer I wore forever. The Sparks belt does the job very well so for though.

MF
Old 10-01-2012, 18:48   #14
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog Redux View Post
Are Beltman Belts double thick? I have a Tucker belt that is double thick and I am not real fond of it. Plus it is so thick it won't fit through a lot of holster loops.

I just got a Milk Sparks. It feels thinner and cheaper-for lack of a better word-than the Kramer I wore forever. The Sparks belt does the job very well so for though.

MF
A proper gun belt will always be dual layer (thus, double thick). Single layer gun belts, absolutely suck. They will last you all of about 2mo.

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:19   #15
guitargene82
Taggin along...

I bought a Crossbreed when I bought my Super Tuck. Initially I thought thr finish might scuff too easily, but I've been wearing it everywhere and everyday for a few months now and it still looks as good as new.
Old 10-01-2012, 19:22   #16
Indianashooter

They're expensive, but I'm on my second Galco belt. The first one lasted over 10 years.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:58   #17
CA Escapee
Finally!

I had a laminated (two piece) belt made by Terry Hisle of Western Images Leatherworks in Calhan, Colorado. Terry will make the belt any length you want in either 1.5 inches, or 1.75 inches. He makes ranger style belts and western gun slinger style belts, too.

He uses cowhide for the outer piece and horsehide for the inner piece. Horse hide is stiffer, (won't bend as easily,) in one direction compared to 90 to that direction. He orients the horsehide so it will bend around your waist, but it doesn't want to roll over with a holster on it.

I wanted a belt 37 inches long, versus 36 or 38 from everyone else. This puts the middle hole on the belt right where I snug it up and buckle it. And I wanted the tongue one inch longer. This way it slips through the front belt loop and is actually long enough to stay there.

His plain laminated belts are $75.

Terry is having his website worked on now, so the best way to contact him would be by phone at (719) Four-Four-Seven-5002.

Bill

Last edited by CA Escapee; 10-01-2012 at 20:59..
CA Escapee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 22:08   #18
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

I would like one with a good range of adjustment so i dont need to change belts when i drop or add pounds during the seasons, price isnt that much of a factor, there belts.
Old 10-01-2012, 22:11   #19
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I would like one with a good range of adjustment so i dont need to change belts when i drop or add pounds during the seasons, price isnt that much of a factor, there belts.

My Beltman had options on holes and location.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 22:15   #20
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
A proper gun belt will always be dual layer (thus, double thick). Single layer gun belts, absolutely suck. They will last you all of about 2mo.

IGF
Well, If my single layer Milt Sparks belt dies, I will send it back. While my Tucker belt is sturdy as hell, It is thicker than it needs to be IMHO.

MF