GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:12   #26
Bruce H

How about a nice man made national security disaster that will keep Obama from the next two debates. Wouldn't surprise me at all. He can't win so why show up.
Old 10-07-2012, 19:11   #27
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

My thought on the first was that the GOP was so public about giving Romney "zingers," that Obama just didn't give him a chance to use any. He let Romney go full speed ahead, and in the next 2 he'll point out Romney's errors.

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:23   #28
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul53 View Post
My thought on the first was that the GOP was so public about giving Romney "zingers," that Obama just didn't give him a chance to use any. He let Romney go full speed ahead, and in the next 2 he'll point out Romney's errors.
I've thought it's possible he was sandbagging by not giving Romney much to work with and plot over; then hoping to make a good show at the end... you know something about a tortoise and a hare.
Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28   #29
Jay9928
BUBBA ARMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjones View Post
Apart from the fact that hussein is incompetent, I'm sure that he & his brown-shirts were totally caught off guard with how throughly prepared & agressive Romney was.

What do you think debate #2 is going to be like, and who will win? Will hussein fare any better, or will he get defeated again because he's so worthless, regardless of any difference in his preparations after getting KO'd in the first one?

When is the next presidential debate, anyway?

The 16th and 22nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
It will be weeks before the general population discovers that you can't wipe your ass with a laptop.
Jay9928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13   #30
Catswold
God rules all!

I'm not certain it matters who wins the subsequent debates though I predict Romney will do so.

The American people have had enough of President Obama and are generally ready to dump him, they've just been waiting for someone to convince them that there's a real, safe alternative. It's been that way probably since the first budget debacle back in the summer of last year, certainly since last spring.

Romney's problem has been that he hasn't made the sale that HE is the that alternative. In Wednesday night's debate he made that sale. He proved to 67 million viewers that he was smart, compassionate, enthusiastic, competent, and more than able to step in and be successful.

I believe at that point, Romney won the election. Short of some really astounding occurrence, Obama is TOAST.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48   #31
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

The format of the second debate appears set up to make Obozo look better. Far left "journalist" Candy Crowley will be the moderator. Questions will be picked out of an audience of "undecided" voters selected by Gallup. I expect Romney will still do better than Obozo because he's smarter and can tell the truth about his intentions. Still, look for the media to claim Obozo won even if those who actually watched it saw a different debate.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54   #32
HexHead

The next debate will be a town hall style affair at Hofstra University on Long Island, where the questions will come from the audience. Expect it to favor 0bama with the questions coming from leftists and college students. I expect the questions to basically be a round up of all the 0bama attack ads against Romney.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47   #33
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
The next debate will be a town hall style affair at Hofstra University on Long Island, where the questions will come from the audience. Expect it to favor 0bama with the questions coming from leftists and college students. I expect the questions to basically be a round up of all the 0bama attack ads against Romney.
Romney's crew agreed to all the debates and the formats. He will be ready. Don't forget that Obama has shown he does not do well when he has to talk for himself, think on his feet and can't read a prepared speech.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 22:58   #34
SLO1911Fan

Obama will probably win the next one. Romney will be better prepared, but it will be geared to Obama and he will be better prepared for it. I think Romney will win the third one. But after an 8-12 point change Obama will prepare and rig the next one. I just hope they can get a better moderator who doesn't let Obama walk all over him.
SLO1911Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:32   #35
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Yo DO realize you are voting for an anti-2nd amendment guy/party right?

I'm voting for romney, but I do understand that I am voting for a guy who believes that government control is better than the constitution.
I'm not the first to say this. And I hear ya, truly. I don't blame you a bit for standing on principle with this. But in the end, you can vote for a s___ sandwich, or a s___ sandwich with lots of ketchup. You can pick something else from the menu, or even not choose at all, but you're still getting one of those two. So, what'll it be?
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:14   #36
mgs
Always Carrying

If you don't vote....you support this:

A voter I bet and the future of America! Can you hear me now?!!!!

Last edited by mgs; 10-09-2012 at 06:16..
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47   #37
Averageman

Mitt is up 9% with Women voters celebrities are comming out in favor of him and the tide is begining to turn. Even the MSM seems to be aware that the Obama Dog don't hunt.
Mitt left the debate with enough issues left on the table to give Barry another verbal beat down. If he goes ugly early and tries to become to "tough" on Romney look for something like
Fast and Furious
The Economy
Gas Prices,..$5.00 + gallon in Cali
The embassy in Libya asking for more security before our Abassador and security were killed
Mitt left all of that on the table and it will all work against Obama. As soon as he opens his mouth he is very likely to get one of these issues thrown back at him and again he wont make eye contact and wont have a teleprompter and again will look like the loser.
Anxiously looking forward to Ryan making hay of Biden Thursday.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16   #38
Rabid Rabbit

Quote:
Wasn't it these town hall formats where we got such great questions like pearls or diamonds & boxers or briefs? Then it turned out some producers provided the questions. I bet one question will be "Mr. Romney why does a loser like yourself believe you can do better than the god like Pres. master of all obama?"
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08   #39
ROGER4314

Obama is beginning to see that his long line of BS is losing interest with our people. Fool me once....shame on you. Fool me twice....shame on me.

The next debate is between Ryan and Biden. Biden is a hothead and a loose cannon. I hope Ryan pushes him over the edge so he loses his cool.

Flash

Loving the Harley idle....potato, potato, potato.
ROGER4314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:33   #40
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
I wonder if they will be able to review the questions in advance. Even with the Town Hall format, its all pre-screened. I think that is what got Obama last time. He is good at reading pre-written stuff but he stinks at thinking on his toes.

This next one is on Foriegn Affairs, and I think Obama "should" have an edge since he is the sitting president, but Romney may impress us again.

The VP debate I am going to block out that night and sit and watch it with beer and chips. With Biden's loose lips and crazy brain, its going to be a train wreck.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07   #41
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Obama will attempt to do a Mitt Romney impersonation, thinking that will help him "win."

He will blurt out carefully scripted punchlines, while ignoring or bullying the moderator, but he won't get away with it, because it will look clumsy, arrogant, contrived, and insincere because he lacks basic leadership skills.

He'll pretend to look Mitt in the eye, but will really focus on his ear or something.

He'll try to make some jokes, but this ain't the Dave Letterman show and he ain't Jerry Seinfeld. Major fail.

Then for the grand finale, Obama will freak out and repeatedly bow to Mecca while chanting Allahu Akbar but the networks will cut to some weather update.

I agree with this assessment.

Successfully playing offense on a debate requires a great deal more knowledge, composure and verbal agility than does playing defense. If Obama can't do much more than recite the standard Democrat talking points (for which Romney will no doubt be prepared), all his "attacks" will do is set him up for scathing rebuttals that can potentially make him look like a complete ass. To move away from those talking points and start engaging in attacks on the fly requires an in-depth understanding of the issues under discussion as well as a relaxed and completely confident command of unscripted speaking. Without such a confident and relaxed demeanor, you just come off as loud-mouthed and insecure. Obama has NEVER demonstrated any such confidence or verbal agility without a teleprompter.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 10-09-2012 at 10:09..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:11   #42
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
If you don't vote....you support this:

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

A voter I bet and the future of America! Can you hear me now?!!!!
The "Obama Phone" program was implemented under a GOP president.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:11   #43
Hicksville Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTexas View Post
I hope for a repeat of #1, but I am sure BHO will be much better prepared.
He can be better prepared in the intervening days. But he cannot be smarter than what he is right now. He cannot get an understanding of capitalism or the Constitution in a week. He is up against a man that has deep, intimate knowledge of both. Romney has lived it for his 60 odd years. You just can't take the Marxism out of a person in a week or so. It's ingrained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt127 View Post
I'm kind of hoping his crew gets him really cranked up, tells him to be aggressive, stand your ground etc. And, he will get mad and frustrated and twist off on national TV.
He can get cranked up (no pun intended) but that only works in a bar or family argument. These debates are intellectual exercises and he is unarmed.

Romney by 8 touchdowns.
Hicksville Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:56   #44
CarryTexas

Let's try to curtail the celebration until we reach the end zone.... I want to see BHO fail as much as anyone, but we can't allow ourselves to underestimate him.
CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 13:59   #45
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

The Okie Corral

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:00   #46
mhambi
Hegemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTexas View Post
Let's try to curtail the celebration until we reach the end zone.... I want to see BHO fail as much as anyone, but we can't allow ourselves to underestimate him.
Sorry... Romney has the eye of the tiger!

The Okie Corral
Old 10-09-2012, 14:17   #47
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
These debates are intellectual exercises...
They're generalities and empty promises. Whatever intellectual exercise is involved is the intelligence needed to appeal to those without it.
Old 10-09-2012, 14:38   #48
Glock&KimberLady
Booyah!

Debates only showcase who is the more glib speaker. I stand by my assertion that a politician is a person who will do or say anything you want them to just to get into office...whereupon, they will then do or say whatever they want.

That being said, I may have an extremely rare bit of wine so I can laugh my ass into heart failure at the trainwreck that will be the VP debate. *grins in anticipation*

Preparation is key in a debate...which means that someone will get those questions and front them to (hopefully) both candidates. Last debate was a woeful showing by the current Pres...when altitude is called into question, well...I must turn into a blithering idiot every weekend for five months in winter...since I live at 2600 feet and spend my weekends at 5000+, doing hard physical exercise no less.
Old 10-09-2012, 14:50   #49
mhambi
Hegemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock&KimberLady View Post
Debates only showcase who is the more glib speaker. I stand by my assertion that a politician is a person who will do or say anything you want them to just to get into office...whereupon, they will then do or say whatever they want.
I might replace 'glib' with 'prepared', but yeah.

Quote:
That being said, I may have an extremely rare bit of wine so I can laugh my ass into heart failure at the trainwreck that will be the VP debate. *grins in anticipation*
I doubt you'll even need the wine...

Quote:
...since I live at 2600 feet and spend my weekends at 5000+, doing hard physical exercise no less.

I live at 6200' and work and play at 8-10K frequently! Nobody has ever accused me of being an idi... oh wait.

Old 10-09-2012, 15:07   #50
RDW
BTDT

I think Biden will get "Pissed Off", and lose his temper - At this point Ryan will further destroy him.
Formerly Posted as "Big Dawg #383" (10/2000)
Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.
RDW is offline   Reply With Quote