SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:44   #1
xidica

Hk p2000sk

Mas,

Recently picked up an HK P2000SK w/ LEM trigger in .40. Curious as to any thoughts you had on this gun for carry, and any special considerations to make. I'm normally a striker fired guy, and currently carry either an M&P Shield 9 or Kahr PM9. Is there a specific technique or finger I should use for the mag release? Also, are 165gr gold dot standard pressure enough, or do you favor something different for this gun? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Excellent pistol. Holstering with thumb on hammer gives you one more "safety net" against accidental discharge if cord from clothing or something gets caught between trigger and holster.

Most users of my acquaintance find it's faster to use the trigger finger to activate the magazine release lever. Safer, too, since it gets that finger out of the trigger guard.

165 grain Gold Dot at 1140 foot-seconds is one of the best, most street-proven .40 loads out there.

best,
mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:12   #3
xidica

Thanks so much.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:28   #4
xidica

One followup, if I may. This was a used purchase, and I'm not sure if the previous owner installed the 4.5lb variant LEM trigger or the ~8lb pull version(feels light to me, but still long and deliberate). I couldn't find the official HK stance on minimum recommended trigger weight for duty use in the LEM. Thoughts?