Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 18:03   #1
frank4570
Feral human

Romney will sign an assault weapons ban.

I just want to make sure this is absolutely clear.
Romney says if he is elected he will sign an assault weapons ban if one is brought to him. Just like george bush said he would. The republican party is not really pro-second amendment. The guy who is in favor of an assault weapons ban is the guy who will be picking supreme court justices.
Better than the dems? Sure, but not much.
I'll be voting for a guy and party that does not really support the second amendment.
I wish people would stop pretending republicans are pro-second amendment.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:09   #2
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Romney is still a better choice than Obama.

JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:10   #3
MAC702

So every four years you can vote for a liberal of one flavor or another, or you can help support a third party, showing the Republicans why they deserve to lose, and actually start making a difference in the long term.

"It doesn't matter how many people I've killed. What matters is how I get along with the people who are still alive." - Jimmy the Tulip
MAC702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:14   #4
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

I want to vote 3rd party this time, but my priority is getting the terrorist out of the White House. Next time I'll vote 3rd party for sure.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:18   #5
countrygun

Given Obama's appointee Holder and his words on the topic when speaking for the Administration I find no difference.

"On February 25, 2009 newly sworn-in Attorney General Eric Holder repeated the Obama administration's desire to reinstate the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.[18] The mention came in response to a question, about 20 minutes into a joint press conference with DEA Acting Administrator Michele Leonhart, discussing efforts to crack down on Mexican drug cartels. Attorney General Holder said: "[...] there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons."[19]"

(from Wiki)

Since that clearly illustrates the current Administration's well known attitude I can only conclude that the OP of this thread is just another 3rd party Wanker.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:22   #6
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
So every four years you can vote for a liberal of one flavor or another, or you can help support a third party, showing the Republicans why they deserve to lose, and actually start making a difference in the long term.
You can vote for 3rd party if you want to. It isn't going to make any difference either way. You are mistaken if you think the rest of the republicans are going to pay attention to you.
The republicans want the president to be somebody who is not pro-second amendment. They do not hold the same views as you. Leaving a party where you are not wanted is not going to make them feel bad.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 10-07-2012, 18:23   #7
jdavionic
NRA Member

I did not support him in the primaries due to a couple of reasons - this was one. However, he will not compromise his base. He's smart enough to understand that would end it for his political future.

Contrast that with Obama who has tried to backdoor restricting gun rights with his EPA nazis and other means. His base wants no part of the 2A. In a second term, Obama will pursue many objectives that were too controversial for the first term. I'm convinced that attacking gun rights is near the top of his list.

As for the third party issue...again. The time to fight for your viable independent candidate has come & gone. The reality is that the race is between two. One of them is the radical incumbent who will win unless the challenger gets enough votes. A vote for any candidate other than Romney will help Obama. Yea, it's a tough pill to swallow...but that's the choices.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:26   #8
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

What is the purpose of your post op? To get people to vote for Obama? To get people to waste their vote for a third party and in act vote for Obama? To bad mouth Romney?

I am asking as a libertarian since 1984, who voted Obama in by voting for Ron Paul in 2008. By voting third party you vote for Obama. The choice is quite clear this go around.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:29   #9
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

berry & his`implanted lemming fools` throughout the gov. are destroying the country....first things first!

Not worried about Romney.....`or` even the closet liberals/Lemmings attacking him.....
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:31   #10
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I wish people would stop pretending republicans are pro-second amendment.
I wish you Obama supporters would stop posting ancient videos of another time, another place and another election.

In the current era, he has committed to Uncle Ted, no less, that he will sign no antigun legislation.

So take your fail propaganda elsewhere.

He was being interviewed by Tim Russert, for gods sake! ( Dead more than 4 years ago!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:35   #11
onebigelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
As someone who is active in my local REC (Republican Executive Committee), let me tell you that those of you who are voting 3rd party and dropping out of the GOP aren't showing the party jack, and the ONLY difference you will make is to help the candidate furthest from your views.

Let me explain reality.

The party, if all of the Libertarians, Constitution Party, and conservative Independents got involved, would be about 35-40% conservatives, about 25% big government RINOs (the ones we mostly hate that are fine with big, intrusive government as long as they are the ones running it) and about 35-40% "moderate" Republicans. When all the conservatives get their panties in a twist and go off to be independents and Libertarians and "teach the Republican Party a lesson", here is what happens. The party is made of of less conservatives, the moderates split among multiple candidates, and the RINOs can win the primaries with 25% of the vote. As a party, the GOP doesn't say, "Gosh, how can we get the conservatives back." Instead they say, "Gosh, how can we attract moderate Independents and Democrats."

You want to make a difference? The get back in the game and encourage conservative candidates to run, then vote for them in the primary. The party doesn't choose the candidates, the voters do. When conservatives abandon the party or don't vote in the primaries because they have better things to do, the moderates and RINOs pick the candidate. It's that simple.

Or you can keep whining and ensure the election of the candidate MOST diametrically opposed to your views because the candidate closer to your views is "the lesser of two evils".

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:36   #12
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

We pioneer Libertarians, once had the idea that we could change things, that if enough of us made a stand we could rid the government of the established ruling elite and get back to the constitution.

I still believe that. But to hold fast to that belief and vote for a party that can't possibly win in this election, shows that our party is just as bad and ideologue as the others.

The greater good FOR THE COUNTRY dictates we remove the worst of the two then get back to our constitutional message.

To think this is the election to change all is blind to the needs of change in our country.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member

Last edited by concretefuzzynuts; 10-07-2012 at 18:46..
Old 10-07-2012, 18:52   #13
countrygun

OBE explained it very well from the political stand point and CFN explained it from the practical standpoint.

There is NO argument left folks, only self-delusion.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:54   #14
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
What is the purpose of your post op? To get people to vote for Obama? To get people to waste their vote for a third party and in act vote for Obama? To bad mouth Romney?

I am asking as a libertarian since 1984, who voted Obama in by voting for Ron Paul in 2008. By voting third party you vote for Obama. The choice is quite clear this go around.
Voting for romney is voting to have a president who supports an assault weapons ban, that is my only point.
Is there a better option? No.

Old 10-07-2012, 18:55   #15
coastal4974

The Obama will give us sharia law.
Old 10-07-2012, 18:58   #16
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
I wish you Obama supporters would stop posting ancient videos of another time, another place and another election.
Beat me to it...thanks!
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 18:58   #17
stopatrain
Lifetime Membership

The second amendment won't even matter if Obama gets another 4 years.
stopatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:01   #18
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Voting for romney is voting to have a president who supports an assault weapons ban, that is my only point.
Is there a better option? No.
Sugest you read post #12
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
Old 10-07-2012, 19:05   #19
nmstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
I want to vote 3rd party this time, but my priority is getting the terrorist out of the White House. Next time I'll vote 3rd party for sure.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Here! Here!
Old 10-07-2012, 19:07   #20
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Sugest you read post #12
I agree. But you an I are severely outvoted.