Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 21:27   #41
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

At least Romney would be up front and honest about it rather than back-dooring us like the Kenyan pig has been trying to do.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 21:29   #42
Syclone538

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebigelf View Post
As someone who is active in my local REC (Republican Executive Committee), let me tell you that those of you who are voting 3rd party and dropping out of the GOP aren't showing the party jack, and the ONLY difference you will make is to help the candidate furthest from your views.

Let me explain reality.

The party, if all of the Libertarians, Constitution Party, and conservative Independents got involved, would be about 35-40% conservatives, about 25% big government RINOs (the ones we mostly hate that are fine with big, intrusive government as long as they are the ones running it) and about 35-40% "moderate" Republicans. When all the conservatives get their panties in a twist and go off to be independents and Libertarians and "teach the Republican Party a lesson", here is what happens. The party is made of of less conservatives, the moderates split among multiple candidates, and the RINOs can win the primaries with 25% of the vote. As a party, the GOP doesn't say, "Gosh, how can we get the conservatives back." Instead they say, "Gosh, how can we attract moderate Independents and Democrats."

You want to make a difference? The get back in the game and encourage conservative candidates to run, then vote for them in the primary. The party doesn't choose the candidates, the voters do. When conservatives abandon the party or don't vote in the primaries because they have better things to do, the moderates and RINOs pick the candidate. It's that simple.

Or you can keep whining and ensure the election of the candidate MOST diametrically opposed to your views because the candidate closer to your views is "the lesser of two evils".

John
I always do vote for the least gov and most freedom in the Republican primary, then vote for the least gov and most freedom in the general.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 21:31   #43
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Third parties may get more votes if they put forth good candidates, most third party candidates suck.
Old 10-07-2012, 21:54   #44
frank4570
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
At least Romney would be up front and honest about it rather than back-dooring us like the Kenyan pig has been trying to do.
You think romney tells the truth?? Seriously??
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:05   #45
wjv

That video is 5 years old. . .
I guess in your universe people aren't allow to change their opinions. . .

Looks like your goal is to help Obama win by pushing lies.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-07-2012 at 22:06..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:13   #46
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Very possibly the end of the republican party.
Does it matter that much to you if it is called "The Republican Party"?

You won't be happy if it is reworked by constitutionalists, or you will go to a party with a new name, even if you don't know that it is backed by the same people, if it just has a different name?

BTW fr all the folks whinning away about Romney and guns, who would you rather have in the #2 slot, Ryan or Biden?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:21   #47
GAFinch

Romney's not a gun enthusiast, but that doesn't mean he hates guns either. Gary Johnson seems to be the exact same way. As for the Democrat candidate, communists tend to hate guns, since disarmed citizens are subjects. Mormons tend to be big on personal responsibility, fiscal responsibility, and survival prep. I'll happily vote for him so at least there's a chance that we can avoid an economic disaster at the beginning of the year.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:30   #48
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post

In the current era, he has committed to Uncle Ted, no less, that he will sign no antigun legislation.

!)
Just like Big George he will not sign "antigun legislation" he will sign EO and BATF regs that ban certain guns.

Big George started the AWB of 1989 BEFORE he moved into the White House and if elected Romney will do the same thing.

Part of the core "Fundamental Beliefs" of the Mormon Cult is to be armed and to unarm your enemy, which, like the Muslims is anyone that isn't part of your Cult.
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:34   #49
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I just want to make sure this is absolutely clear.
Yes it is pretty clear:

Political Issues
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 22:35   #50
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Just like Big George he will not sign "antigun legislation" he will sign EO and BATF regs that ban certain guns.

Big George started the AWB of 1989 BEFORE he moved into the White House and if elected Romney will do the same thing.

Part of the core "Fundamental Beliefs" of the Mormon Cult is to be armed and to unarm your enemy, which, like the Muslims is anyone that isn't part of your Cult.

""On February 25, 2009 newly sworn-in Attorney General Eric Holder repeated the Obama administration's desire to reinstate the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.[18] The mention came in response to a question, about 20 minutes into a joint press conference with DEA Acting Administrator Michele Leonhart, discussing efforts to crack down on Mexican drug cartels. Attorney General Holder said: "[...] there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons."[19]"

(from Wiki)

Of course you are now trying to jump on the "Morman" topic as it was predicted your ilk would when Obama got spanked in the debate.

Tell your buddies at DU that we are a couple of steps ahead of them.

Last edited by countrygun; 10-07-2012 at 22:37..
Old 10-07-2012, 22:40   #51
Paul7
New Guy

Romney does not currently support an AWB. By your reasoning we shouldn't have voted for Reagan since he used to be a Democrat.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...rearms-freedom
Old 10-07-2012, 22:49   #52
Gunnut 45/454

frank4570
Then stay home and don't vote! Nice video of then GOV Rommney!
Old 10-07-2012, 23:28   #53
alabaster
Swollen Member

Oh this is killing me. I have heard too many people say "I would vote Libertarian but_____." If not now then when? I think we're making too many concessions with these 2 parties. I really don't get how people are buying that Romney's saying he's "Pro-gun" nowadays. I'm calling BS on that one.
Old 10-07-2012, 23:33   #54
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabaster View Post
Oh this is killing me. I have heard too many people say "I would vote Libertarian but_____." If not now then when? I think we're making too many concessions with these 2 parties. I really don't get how people are buying that Romney's saying he's "Pro-gun" nowadays. I'm calling BS on that one.
I have voted 3rd party in the past but never again. the whole concept has been taken over by muddleheaded twits that stand no chance of being elected and drooling followers who's wild-eyed look scares rational people.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31   #55
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
I just want to make sure this is absolutely clear.
Thanks, Frank. In this and many other threads you've made it abundantly clear that if Republicans don't choose Ron Paul you'll vote for Obama.

I think we got it. Too bad you guys didn't choose holding your breath until you turn blue as your childish tantrum instead.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56   #56
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
It will always be "THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION OF ALL TIME." Every time.
No, it won't.

I've never felt my way of life was threatened as I do by Obama.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:03   #57
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Romney is still a better choice than Obama.

Yep - even with him saying that, he's a much better and safer choice for guns than Obama.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04   #58
AtlantaR6

Romney is from Mass and Obama from Chicago. 2 of the strictest gun law states in the nation.

I'm just saying...
AtlantaR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24   #59
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Contrast that with Obama who has tried to backdoor restricting gun rights with his EPA nazis...
Please explain the connection between the EPA and our 2A rights.

Thanks!
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32   #60
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer View Post
Please explain the connection between the EPA and our 2A rights.

Thanks!
They both have A in them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote