SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-07-2012, 19:53   #1
jlbeasley1976
Southern BTGOG

no easy day - navy seal team 6

just finished listening to the audiobook and at some point the author mentioned some sort of night vision goggles. he said most military used ngv's that only gave the user something like 90-degree field of view but his seal team used a special pair that gave them twice as much vision. the kicker...he said they cost $65,000 each. is that right? or was that some sort of misprint (or misquote)?
jlbeasley1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:59   #2
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Long ago I was involved with ITT on NV products. For a "special" mission, I can believe it.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 14:47   #3
1smoothredneck

Yes, Seal six has the military's toughest job. So they have the highest budget. I recall when I was in the USMC and doing some pistol training at Quantico, scuttlebutt had Seal Six's training ammo budget at better than the entire Marine Corps! Of course,that was back in the eighties, and there was only like 33,000 of us, but still, there couldn't have been more than a hundred squids training for six at any given time back then.
I never worked with six, but I did run across a couple of the teams during my time in the service, and I've even seen a training op from afar. Very Professional gentlemen.
If those boys say they need a toy, I say they should get a toy. I mean, not everyone can do all things with outdated equipment ahead of schedule like the Marines can!! Ha.
1smoothredneck is offline   Reply With Quote