Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-07-2013, 14:00   #226
KevinFACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post

The Okie Corral
I see about 50 of these a day in downtown Dallas.

They're called "transients" if you want to be PC.

If you're me you just call 'em meth-heads/bums/whatever.
KevinFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 14:16   #227
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFACE View Post
I see about 50 of these a day in downtown Dallas.

They're called "transients" if you want to be PC.

If you're me you just call 'em meth-heads/bums/whatever.
This ain't downtown Dallas.

Quote:
...this is a dead-end street, at the top of a hill, with no view of the river (or town, for that matter) from the street. Nobody just strolls around up here, especially in the black of night.
Even the kids down the street are too lazy to hike up here for candy on Halloween. Haven't seen any meth head/bums up here other than my wife's bf, who avoids me like the plague.
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 14:34   #228
Green Mountain Boy

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post
My family and I experienced a rather terrifying Paranormal EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) set of events that started several years ago. It began several years ago, and continues to afflict us to this day. I never believed in EVP before this happened, and I haven't posted this story anywhere but here. It actually bothers me to discuss it here, but I will try.

I don't claim to fully understand EVP. I've never experienced it anywhere before this one case.

This particular EVP creature seems to be malevolent, so I assume this particular case is sinister or "evil" in nature. Thus, I will claim that an "evil" EVP presence has invaded our lives repeatedly over the last several years, and continues to harass us, and interrupts our days and nights to this day. I still remember the first time as if it were last night...

Let me be clear here, though. This EVP creature hasn't yet appeared before me in person. It appears to me via our radios or audible devices, and sometimes appears as one of several of its forms as a video image. This creature never has appeared to us in person, but constantly invades us through EVP. It is truly depressing.

I wouldn't say this evil presence takes the form of a man, yet it clearly isn't a woman either. The best word I can use to describe it is "creature". I have seen it. My family has seen it. Even our neighbors have seen it, at times when they have been with us. We have also all heard it.

Please allow me to describe the creature and what it does. If your children are reading this, please avert their attention, or move along to the next post. This is a serious issue.

As best I can say, this "creature" is a rather tall, slender, serpentine figure with large, ominous teeth, and an eery smile. Its coloring is inexplicable, often seemingly to be both half-black, yet half-white as well. It often shifts color to blend in more closely to its surroundings, like a humanoid chameleon. Sometimes, it appears to be more white, other times to be more black. Sometimes it inexplicably shifts to brown, or some other color.

Its voice is solemn, slow, often methodical, and usually eery. It has a condescending tone. It tries to form English words into strings of logic, but usually cannot construct logical thoughts... they are usually just strings of ominous and confusing or conflicting phrases. It is very strange, indeed.

Against our will, and unwelcome to us, this "creature" generates sounds that resemble English language. We hear its voice, and its attempts at logic, but it usually makes no sense.

Though we have done it no wrong, and really don't know what it is... it often appears to be hateful or spiteful towards us, for no apparent reason. More frighteningly, it often appears to be attempting to deceive us, or harm us, or persuading us to do things against our will!

The resonance of this eery voice keeps inexplicably ranting to us through our televisions, radios, car stereos, and even sometimes computers.

Whenever I see it appear now, I simply turn off the device ASAP!

Oh wait, this started in 2008. I'm just realized I'm probably talking about what everyone calls Obama.
That was fantastic

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 14:43   #229
Gunboat1
Far Traveler

Old thread, but like several others, when Rabbi starts talking, I start learning. Seems like a really well-grounded guy.

"The sum of virtue is to be sociable with them that will be sociable, and formidable to them that will not." - Hobbes
Gunboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 15:21   #230
BEANCOUNTER

Quote:
...While glassing with the camera I realized that someone was just a few feet away, standing near the middle of the street, not making a sound. I was slightly startled... enough that I forgot my trigger control and tripped the shutter in auto mode, which fired the flash.
Wow. Spooky pic.

By chance were you using a Kodak DX6490 Zoom Digital camera that night?
--Will Hayden
BEANCOUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 15:32   #231
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
I dont know what is more direct than "What makes your supernatural claims true and someone elses false...because there are faiths, older than your own, that make the same claims you do...."

The best you have answered so far is "Their supernatural claims are demons...and my(faiths) supernatural powers got rid of them..."

So, what do you say about the Hindu Priest, a faith far older than yours, who is sitting around telling someone "Yes, ghosts are real, I have personal experience with them...."
Dude, this is a "supernatural story thread" not a religious debate thread.

I have my own beliefs, but I don't come to this thread to challenge other people.

You can tell me you were haunted by visions of meatballs and cried out to the church of the flying spaghetti monster for help, and I'll say, "Cool story bro."

You can tell me your the Pope.

It would be disappointing to see this turn into a big argument.

Last edited by eccho; 05-07-2013 at 15:33..
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 15:35   #232
eccho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
That was fantastic
Holy crap dude
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 15:46   #233
AZLawDawg
Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Quote:
Either my son or I have posted it before. Not much to it other than ???

He & I were out front on a moonless night with the telescope and camera, looking at Jupiter, etc. While glassing with the camera I realized that someone was just a few feet away, standing near the middle of the street, not making a sound. I was slightly startled... enough that I forgot my trigger control and tripped the shutter in auto mode, which fired the flash. As I started to apologize for screwing up our night vision, another WTF moment... the camera shut itself off and we found that Boo Radley had disappeared from the scene as quietly as he had appeared.

This is a dead-end street, at the top of a hill, with no view of the river (or town, for that matter) from the street. Nobody just strolls around up here, especially in the black of night. It certainly wasn't one of the neighbors. The focus is weird too, seems more defined towards the bottom. Looks like sweatpants and stocking feet?

There were also some odd reflections.
The original photo:

The Okie Corral
Whoa!
AZLawDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 16:09   #234
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
But if tomorrow someone else came along and found an error or loophole in the equations, every scientist on the planet throw away the old belief. That is in direct contradiction to the idea of zealots who cling to beliefs in the face of evidence to the contrary.
To add on - or even no error or loophole in the equation (in the sense that the equation itself is mathematically correct) - but data that indicates the equation doesn't actually describe reality.

Like the equations of classical mechanics vs. observed data on the orbit of Mercury.

That said -

One night I was out on my back porch smoking a cigarette, and I saw a shadowy humanoid shape with silver, glowing eyes - looking out at me from behind a tree.

I was pretty tired, and it honestly scared the crap out of me initially.

I took a closer look, though. The 'silver, glowing eyes' were the flat portion of the fence post bracket reflecting the porch light directly back at me (the curved portion, in the center, reflecting the light at angles away from me). The rest was just my tired as all get out brain doing what human brains do sometimes - interpreting light/shadow as patterns that really aren't there (in the same way that certain mountains on mars look like a face when the shadows are right, but like the top of a mountain when fully lit).

Now think about if I hadn't decided to take a closer look - would I be telling the spooky story of the demon-thing in my backyard, thinking that I'd actually seen a demon thing in my backyard? Maybe I would - and maybe people would believe me.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 05-07-2013 at 16:12..
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 16:24   #235
turretg

Quote:
This ain't downtown Dallas.

Even the kids down the street are too lazy to hike up here for candy on Halloween. Haven't seen any meth head/bums up here other than my wife's bf, who avoids me like the plague.
I agree with you. I'm no expert but as someone who has experienced "unknowns" himself firsthand, I think yours qualifies as an "unusual event." if I may say so.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:02   #236
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEANCOUNTER View Post
Wow. Spooky pic.

By chance were you using a Kodak DX6490 Zoom Digital camera that night?

Ssshh... Don't blow it for me, man.

Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote