Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:59   #201
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
Thought you and gt might like this

Was watching a loch ness special on the internet somewhere. Not saying I really believe in loch ness or anything...but..

The special interviewed a scientist that has worked loch ness for the majority of his professional carrer. He was not a crazy and seemed to be very normal. He shot down every piece of evidence and reason that something big lived in the loch. He verbally admitted that he firmly believed that nothing was in the lake. This was interesting...since his camera with a zoom lens never left his side. The interviewers asked why he had a camera. He has carried the camera every day for years "just in case." hahaha. I need to find that special again.
There is no Loch Ness Monster. . . anymore.

In 1985, I woke up from a deep sleep and it was damp and cool in my bedroom, which was weird because it was the middle of summer. There was this odd smell like freshly caught fish.

I sat up and there was the Loch Ness Monster, sitting sad in the corner. "Bye, Dennis," he said. "It's going to be OK. I'm in a better place." And he disappeared.

I knew right then that the Loch Ness Monster was dead. Sad day.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02   #202
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
There is no Loch Ness Monster. . . anymore.

In 1985, I woke up from a deep sleep and it was damp and cool in my bedroom, which was weird because it was the middle of summer. There was this odd smell like freshly caught fish.

I sat up and there was the Loch Ness Monster, sitting sad in the corner. "Bye, Dennis," he said. "It's going to be OK. I'm in a better place." And he disappeared.

I knew right then that the Loch Ness Monster was dead. Sad day.
Bigfoot old me that this is an internet myth, and it's really ManBearPig in your dreams impersonating Nessie.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:23   #203
sarge83

My parents house built in 1982 is haunted. Now if you believe fine if you don't fine. Until it happens to you I can see where someone would say it's all hokum. We moved into this house in 1982 after it was built and up to that point had never had any issue of ghosts or haunting.

Upon moving in after about a month I would be awakened to my bed being gently shaken. It happened several times and I finally told my Mom about it and she blew it off as me dreaming. Finally one night it happened with me laying on my side and I am wide awake and its shaking gently as always. I thought am I dreaming? No, so to confirm I pinched myself--yep definitely awake! After a couple of minutes I finally jumped up and said stop! Nothing was there and it never happened again.

Later on my parents would wake us up checking to see if we were ok in the wee hours of the morning after hearing crashing sounds in the kitchen only to find us fast asleep and everything in order. We hear doors open and close and people walking in the kitchen, get up and nothing there.

We had my Dad's brother and his wife come and stay shortly after building the house and they were placed in my bedroom for the night. We said nothing about any activity. The next morning both came to breakfast with strange looks on their faces and asked about strange activity in that room. My Mom asked what happened? They replied something happened but we would rather not say and didn't and have never spent the night in the house again.

We have had neighbors, relatives and friends all witness just weird stuff. Lights turning off by themselves and you hear the switch being flicked. Only one person in the house and catching the shadow of someone walking by your doorway, calling out to no reply, then checking and finding you are alone. My Mom hearing Mom called out in the middle of the night with no kids in the house. Mom breaking stuff in the kitchen and sweeping and vacuuming all the glass up to get up the next morning only to find a chunk of the glass she had vacuumed and swept laying prominently in another room with a 90 degree angle in the middle of a table.

Myself and sister have had cases in our bedrooms where you lay down, turn the light out on the night stand and within 30 seconds of your head hitting the pillow something slaps the pillow right next to your ear, you feel the impact and the air passing by your head, scares the crap out of you!

I was visiting my parents and a friend was there a couple of yrs. ago and me, my friend and Mom were in the kitchen. I was in one corner doing something, my Mom in another corner at the sink and my friend at another corner of the kitchen with a eating table between us. Suddenly my friend grabs her shorts and whirls around and looks at me and said which kid was just in here? None, just us I replied. Then how did you get over there so fast and grinning she says why did you do that? I said I haven't moved and you would have heard me anyway and what did I do? My Mom is leaning over her shoulder with her hands in dish water going what happened? My friend says something just came in here at thigh level and nearly yanked my shorts down. My Mom and I just grinned and said I guess the ghost likes you girl and wanted to see a full moon. She was shook up to say the least.

We have had items disappear and stay gone for years and turn up in odd ball places. My wife and I when we first got married lived there for 6 months and I told her about some of the stuff and she was like yeah right, she was a big skeptic. One night she came out of the bathroom and looked to her left and saw at the end of the hallway the outline of a person, a man she said standing in the door way looking in another room, but she could only see from the waist up. She tore down the other end of the hallway, slammed our bedroom door and hit the bed and practically tried to crawl under me in the bed. I heard her story, checked and nothing there.

It's strange it will be quiet for months and then activity will start up and then trail off. It doesn't feel malevolent or anything, just like it wants you to know its there.
sarge83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 13:30   #204
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Decided not to post the whole sordid story... here is the pic:

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 10-20-2012 at 13:42..
Hamilton Burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 17:03   #205
hoven88
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Burger View Post

The Okie Corral
Well now we need to hear the rest of the story
hoven88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 18:00   #206
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoven88 View Post
Well now we need to hear the rest of the story
Either my son or I have posted it before. Not much to it other than ???

He & I were out front on a moonless night with the telescope and camera, looking at Jupiter, etc. While glassing with the camera I realized that someone was just a few feet away, standing near the middle of the street, not making a sound. I was slightly startled... enough that I forgot my trigger control and tripped the shutter in auto mode, which fired the flash. As I started to apologize for screwing up our night vision, another WTF moment... the camera shut itself off and we found that Boo Radley had disappeared from the scene as quietly as he had appeared.

This is a dead-end street, at the top of a hill, with no view of the river (or town, for that matter) from the street. Nobody just strolls around up here, especially in the black of night. It certainly wasn't one of the neighbors. The focus is weird too, seems more defined towards the bottom. Looks like sweatpants and stocking feet?

There were also some odd reflections.
The original photo:

The Okie Corral
Old 10-20-2012, 19:54   #207
r3dot

That is creepily awesome.

What's the yellow light to the right?
r3dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 20:11   #208
costanza187
I like Macs

You aren't putting us on, are you? That is like just wow.
Old 10-20-2012, 20:49   #209
hoven88
Wannabe

Very creepy
hoven88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58   #210
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

The barn across the street:

The Okie Corral

You can sort of see the house next to it, behind its screen of trees.
This is the direction I shot:

The Okie Corral

Just to round things out, here is a night shot of the house nextdoor:

The Okie Corral

Now for a sad little story about the people nextdoor...

When we moved here we couldn't help but notice that someone had spray painted the pavement at the entrance to our block, a curb-to-curb message reading "SLOW DOWN! CHILDREN AT PLAY!" When I mentioned it to an acquaintance I was told that our nextdoor neighbors had been doggedly harassed for years by a man down the street I'll call Red.

Among other issues, Red was positively rabid about them allegedly speeding past his house. He called the police on them, recorded video of them, even lobbied the city council for a speed bump. Ironically, some time after Red painted the message in the street, the neighbor's son was run down and killed while crossing the highway in front of the local Burger King.

The neighbor put his house on the market and moved. It had stood empty for nearly two years when I took that crazy shot.
Old 10-21-2012, 21:23   #211
Road Dog

Here's one of mine. I was in college 2.5 hours away from home. Before going away to school I had lived with my grandparents. One night I had a dream that my Grandmother was yelling for me. I could tell something was wrong just by her voice.

The next afternoon when my classes were over I called home. I asked my mother if everything was alright. I got the "everything is fine" story but she told me to come home that weekend.

So I go home and find out that night of the dream my Grandmother had fallen out of bed and broke her hip. She was in the mid-stage of either Parkinson's or Alzhiemers and did not talk at the time. I will never forget that.
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:31   #212
vart

Bumped... Watching some new ghosthunter show with high-tech rednecks...

"That's a big bite of crap sandwich, my friend..."

Rabbi - "Anyways, that is a beautiful car. Bill probably already farted in it."
vart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 21:42   #213
Revvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I know this theme becomes popular this time of year. But, there are no such things as ghosts. There are fallen angels that impersonate ghosts.
You are correct, ghosts are not real. There are demons and angels, but no dead people.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51   #214
Revvv

Quote:
The Okie Corral

That sh** would freak me right out...

Looks like a miniature hellboy.

Revvv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 14:30   #215
SpitFyRRe
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Again, what makes a location paranormally "hot?" HH
I'm only on page 3 and I'm not sure if this question was answered and how much time I have before I get blocked at work but a "hot" spot is one with high amounts of reported incidents; things like EVP recordings, odd pictures, heat signatures, or even physical touches.

I am religious and I do believe in spirits. My mom used to live in a haunted house. They always had weird things happen, they could swear someone was walking around in the attic, loud thumps when no one was home, lights turning off all the time, none of the roommate's significant others would stay the night there because it was "creepy" etc. One time,my mom and her roommate were home alone and they heard a scream in the attic along with some thumps and dragging noises so they called the police. The cops showed up, went to check it out, came out of the attic, faces white, and wouldn't say anything other than "You guys really should move out of this house as soon as possible".

We briefly lived in a haunted apple orchard where objects would move, TV's would turn on or off or change channels while you were watching, and I don't remember it but apparently my brother and I used to talk to an old man we named Sam (we were 6 and 4).

I just think there are things out there that science and religion can't explain.
Old 02-25-2013, 14:57   #216
glocktecher

I really do need to share this because it has been happening for a long time and it is happening as I type this.

I have hoped & prayed it would go away but it will not.

Whenever I am on GlockTalk, an ad for a Gov't Motors Chevy truck keeps popping up and starts to crawl up from the bottom of my computer screen.

I tell it to "close", but no matter what we say or do, it will not go away.

Try sleeping with that.
glocktecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 15:27   #217
sglock45

Subd for when i get home from work

old .22 relvolver
sglock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 16:32   #218
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycooter91 View Post
I took the ghost tour in Key West, earlier this year. One part of the tour, they took us to the East Martello fort/museum. They have a doll in the museum that supposedly has some kind of curse (Robert the doll). When we went to this part of the museum, this doll's toy was on his left side but when I glanced back before we left, it was on his right side. Maybe I was seeing things due to being "worked up", but my step dad who was with me claimed to see the same thing. I also got an orb in one of my pictures there but lost it when my previous computer crashed.

I am still kind of skeptical of ghosts/paranormal but I keep an open mind to the fact that it may be real.
Oh yeah, Robert is creepy as hell.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Old 02-25-2013, 16:41   #219
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I don't believe in ghosts, however several in my family do.

Late last year I had to have an old cat put down. She was a Russian Blue and with me for over 15 years. I have seen her three times now since she died. Every single time it was with the lights low and out of the corner of my eye. I see her just long enough for my brain to register her specifically and when I swing my head to look there is of course nothing there to see.

So I believe my mind is playing tricks on me in the low light and shadows, because I want her to be there. Instead of her actually haunting me.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 18:21   #220
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:

The Okie Corral
Carrying a skateboard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50   #221
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Carrying a skateboard?
You see a skateboard?!?

I thought it was holding an old-fashioned GDO?

Last edited by Hamilton Burger; 02-26-2013 at 03:59..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27   #222
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

Another little story for you:

My dad passed away in October of '99 due to complications from lung cancer.

One day in 2010...
My wife had gone to work in the morning. Having worked late the night before I was sleeping a little late.
I was awakened from a sound sleep by what I easily recognized as my dad's voice, not shouting, but distinctly and forcefully saying my name. It certainly got my attention, but I've dreamt of him before so I wasn't really bothered.

Flash forward 3~4 months...
In December of 2010 my wife of 25 years ran off with another dude, one of her coworkers.

A year later...
The old notebook fried, and I switched to a neat little netbook, uploading backup files etc. Sometime in '12 I set about thinning out hundreds of old saved emails. Found some correspondence between her and her BF from mid-2010 detailing some of their "lunch-hour activities"

It almost looks like Dad knew what she was up to as it was happening and tried to alert me.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33   #223
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvv View Post
Looks like a miniature hellboy.

All I know is, he's left-handed, if you know what I mean. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFyRRe View Post
We briefly lived in a haunted apple orchard where objects would move, TV's would turn on or off or change channels while you were watching, and I don't remember it but apparently my brother and I used to talk to an old man we named Sam (we were 6 and 4).
I lived in a haunted cardboard box in the middle of the road. I think it was haunted. Our father beat us so much, I don't remember, but we were happy!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56   #224
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

still think most "paranormal stuff is a mix of desire to belive, infrasound and transitional sleep periods.
Old 05-07-2013, 13:35   #225
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

I just noticed yesterday that I had an old PM I'd never read, from a GT member who is affiliated with several paranormal research groups.

Unfortunately I can't see an investigation turning up much...

I only have the pic already shown.

We only saw the thing once in the 6 years we've been in this house.

While the ghost-cat thing has happened maybe 3 times, Diesel's idea of transitional sleep states is (imo) the most likely explanation.