Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-25-2012, 17:19   #1
ken grant

Luv Conversion Kits

Got in today an Advantage Arms .22LR Conversion Kit for my Glock 30 along with 4 extra mags.
Took it to the range this afternoon and fired 150 rds. of .40 Gr. Mini-Mags and about 100 Remington Bulk Golden Bullets.

Ran like a champ, no problems at all, what I expect from a kit from AA with the proper ammo.

This kit joins my others as I have a few.

AA 19/23 Target
AA 19/23 L.E.
AA 20/21 L.E.
AA 29/30 L.E.
AA 1911 L.E.
Ciener 1911
Ciener AR
M261 Military AR/M16

Last edited by ken grant; 09-25-2012 at 17:21..
ken grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 19:25   #2
tnd2

I've been thinking about an AA kit for my G19, and was wondering if it works well for training on reloads, draw, etc. Pretty much everything you would work on with standard calibers. I know it wont have the recoil, but does it give you everything else. Do the mags drop free?

Thanks
tnd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39   #3
Schrag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnd2 View Post
I've been thinking about an AA kit for my G19, and was wondering if it works well for training on reloads, draw, etc. Pretty much everything you would work on with standard calibers. I know it wont have the recoil, but does it give you everything else. Do the mags drop free?

Thanks
Mine (17-22 LE for Gen3) is a little stiff in my Serpa holster but not that bad. Other than recoil (like you said), everything else works the same - same trigger pull, locks back after last round, mags fit in the same mag pouch and they also drop free. I've had good luck with CCI (a bit expensive) and actually really good luck with the new 225 packs of Remington Golden Bullets.

I love my kit too.
Schrag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:01   #4
GlockinNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken grant View Post
This kit joins my others as I have a few.

AA 19/23 Target
AA 19/23 L.E.
AA 20/21 L.E.
AA 29/30 L.E.
AA 1911 L.E.
Ciener 1911
Ciener AR
M261 Military AR/M16
Holy crap! You are the Bac1023 of conversion kits!
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09   #5
GlockinNJ

Quote:

Thanks
I love my 17/22 kit, but the gun is so damned light with the kit, it can be distracting. It feels like a toy. It is fun to shoot for sure, but it doesn't come close to the weight of a regular Glock. I find it easier to pull off target with the slightest movement because it's so unstable.

Now, this can be a good thing because it forces you to pay more attention to keeping the gun stable. I'm not complaining, just pointing out a difference that you don't see talked about.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17   #6
tnd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockinNJ View Post
I love my 17/22 kit, but the gun is so damned light with the kit, it can be distracting. It feels like a toy. It is fun to shoot for sure, but it doesn't come close to the weight of a regular Glock. I find it easier to pull off target with the slightest movement because it's so unstable.

Now, this can be a good thing because it forces you to pay more attention to keeping the gun stable. I'm not complaining, just pointing out a difference that you don't see talked about.
Thanks for the info, the only reason for me to get a kit would be to increase my training time with a reasonable ammo cost. I'm still new enough at the shooting game, plenty of years plinking and slow fire, that working with 50rnd skill drills(reloads tach & emergency, multiple targets, the fast paced fun stuff) that I can see improvements in groups(I pull the target down after each 50rnd session then compare several targets).
Its not hard to drop 5 boxes of rounds and still want more, so I was figuring maby 2-3 boxes of 9mm and a whole bunch of .22's would be satisfying and educational.
tnd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22   #7
GlockinNJ

Quote:
Thanks for the info, the only reason for me to get a kit would be to increase my training time with a reasonable ammo cost. I'm still new enough at the shooting game, plenty of years plinking and slow fire, that working with 50rnd skill drills(reloads tach & emergency, multiple targets, the fast paced fun stuff) that I can see improvements in groups(I pull the target down after each 50rnd session then compare several targets).
Its not hard to drop 5 boxes of rounds and still want more, so I was figuring maby 2-3 boxes of 9mm and a whole bunch of .22's would be satisfying and educational.
Exactly. In fact, just this morning I put 200 rds through the AA kit and one box of 50 through my 9mm. It definitely saves $.

One more thing. The kits has adjustable sights but they seem to creep on me and need adjusting every few hundred rounds. Not a big deal.