SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:32   #1
lunarspeak

Eric winston is a jerk

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=712562

i hate cheering for a hurt player also but calling out 70,000 fans and telling them how dissgusted you are with them is a jerk move....im sure if he sacked the raven's quarterback and knocked him out eric winston would be giveing high fives to his team mates....if your so ashamed of the fans and disgusted by them then maybe you shouldnt take their money..ERIK

you know he was takeing it awfully hard that matt cassel got hurt hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10   #2
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Can't agree.
The KC fans who cheered his injury are classless. Good for Winston for calling them out.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17   #3
failsafe

I too can't agree...Some of the fans in the stadium showed no class..
Good for Winston for speaking out...
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25   #4
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Nope, im with the player. Hell with silent majority

Last edited by Snaps; 10-08-2012 at 06:25..
Snaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32   #5
BassCatcher

I was happy as hell to see Cassel leave the game. It's not like he was carried off on a gurney or anything. He walked off and looked just fine. What would have been better would have been to see our lousy coach replace him but that didn't happen.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42   #6
badge315

Yeah, how dare he speak out against a bunch of knuckle-draggers who applaud at a player being injured.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:49   #7
rockapede

Matt Cassel is a cancer. However, if KC fans are willing to cheer an injury they deserve to lose.

-Edward Conlon
rockapede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57   #8
ron59
Bustin Caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post

i hate cheering for a hurt player also but calling out 70,000 fans and telling them how dissgusted you are with them is a jerk move....im sure if he sacked the raven's quarterback and knocked him out eric winston would be giveing high fives to his team mates....if your so ashamed of the fans and disgusted by them then maybe you shouldnt take their money..ERIK

you know he was takeing it awfully hard that matt cassel got hurt hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Just because it's ONE against 70,000, doesn't make the ONE wrong.

Good on him. Cheering somebody who has gotten hurt is a no class move, they need to be called out.

Could not disagree with your position more. This is one against one, and I'm calling you out for being a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!

Last edited by ron59; 10-08-2012 at 06:57..
ron59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57   #9
Drain You
NRA member

Quote:

i hate cheering for a hurt player also but calling out 70,000 fans (all 70,000 of them?) and telling them how dissgusted you are with them is a jerk move....im sure if he sacked the raven's quarterback and knocked him out eric winston would be giveing high fives to his team mates....if your so ashamed of the fans and disgusted by them then maybe you shouldnt take their money..ERIK

You know how I know you don't know a lot about football, spelling, punctuation, grammar, or that implying someone is homosexual lost its appeal in the early 90s?

Last edited by Drain You; 10-08-2012 at 07:00..
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:13   #10
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Anybody else remember when mike Vick had a whole section of people cheering when the starter got knocked out in atlanta? Says more about the kind of people than anything about the game

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24   #11
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:

That's quite a spas-out over.....nothing, no big deal. Christ, it's just football, calm down.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:16   #12
Phaze5ive

Of course the ultimate irony is that a good portion of Glocktalk would hold block parties if Obama got hurt on the job.

Last edited by Phaze5ive; 10-08-2012 at 08:17..
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42   #13
Drain You
NRA member

I see you trollin'
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54   #14
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
Of course the ultimate irony is that a good portion of Glocktalk would hold block parties if Obama got hurt on the job.
I am not sure a "good portion" is, but I am not one of them. Just because someone was not my choice for President doesn't mean I would be happy if he were hurt/killed. I wouldn't. If he were killed or incapacitated, Biden would be leading the country. That would be nothing to celebrate either. I would still want the perpetrator to be captured and dealt with. If it was the work of a foreign power, I would be fine with razing their capital with their leader in it.

However, when he is defeated in November I will celebrate.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57   #15
michael_b
BRC #1492

As a native Kansas Citian and loyal Chiefs fan- I like what Winston said.

It takes the new free agent we picked up to be the most open with the media.

This team is so dysfunctional. Yes Cassel has played like crap this year but people need to lighten up. Heck Cassel can't make Bowe actually CATCH a ball that hits him in the hands. He can't block on the offensive line.

Now, one local sports caster, Frank Bole, said he was there and they were not cheering because Cassel got injured other than a few $@%]^*.

Franks opinion was they saw Quinn warming up an are cheering that.

"Compromise on gun-rights? Did Rosa Parks settle for the middle of the bus?"-Mushinto
michael_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05   #16
ricklee4570

First of all, 70,000 people did not cheer at Cassel being hurt. A few did, and the few that did cheer did not show any class at all. Lets not blame the majority that did not cheer. Also, most of the cheering came about when Cassel got up and walked off. I saw plenty of fans cheering FOR Cassel when he walked to the locker room.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21   #17
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Can't agree.
The KC fans who cheered his injury are classless. Good for Winston for calling them out.
^^ agree 100% if you cheer your own QB(or honestly any person or player your team or anothers )getting hurt you truly are a POS as a person and as a fan. Glad someone called them out. I actually have a TON OF RESPECT for Winston for calling them out as the POS they are as fans and people.

Even if you actually cheer a OPPOSING teams player getting hurt(like Philly fans and the Dallas WR that time) your still a POS as a individual for doing that.

and of course this is to the fans that were actually cheering ..and thats NOT all the fans just a select few that actually were. its not like the whole stadium were classless pieces of dung like the ones cheering.

Last edited by CBennett; 10-08-2012 at 09:23..
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:32   #18
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post
As a native Kansas Citian and loyal Chiefs fan- I like what Winston said.

It takes the new free agent we picked up to be the most open with the media.

This team is so dysfunctional. Yes Cassel has played like crap this year but people need to lighten up. Heck Cassel can't make Bowe actually CATCH a ball that hits him in the hands. He can't block on the offensive line.

Now, one local sports caster, Frank Bole, said he was there and they were not cheering because Cassel got injured other than a few $@%]^*.

Franks opinion was they saw Quinn warming up an are cheering that.
What a crock! Of course he was warming up- the QB was out! What else was going on at that time that Bole could've pointed out- Hey look, a formation of seagulls, let's cheer!?
Bole sounds like he eats buckets of poo and begs for a bigger spoon.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 16:26   #19
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
First of all, 70,000 people did not cheer at Cassel being hurt. A few did, and the few that did cheer did not show any class at all. Lets not blame the majority that did not cheer. Also, most of the cheering came about when Cassel got up and walked off. I saw plenty of fans cheering FOR Cassel when he walked to the locker room.
That wasn't a few fans cheering at the wrong that was thousands.

Winston is right and he is my new favorite football player.
Old 10-08-2012, 16:50   #20
fwm

For one thing, it sure wasn't 70,000 fans at the stadium. They are counting corporate season ticket holders, most of which didn't show up. The mid-section was nearly empty. I'd be surprised if there was more than 50,000 at the stadium.

My niece was a 4 time Chiefs Cheerleader and I always had tickets. Haven't missed a game since 1965. Really starting to wonder what kind of an idiot I have been. Letting the Stram era give me false hope for so many years.

The cheering was because the fans have been sold a bill of goods that has not been delivered for so long, they no longer know what to cheer about. They do want to see another quarterback get a chance, but doesn't make any difference when your running backs turn the ball over for opposing scores more often than they score..

The chiefs have become like the Royals, just training ground for the few really good players they get so they can showcase them and the sell them off. Cassel was a backup quarterback before he came to KC, and is still a backup quarterback. No amount of offense line protection or increased catching percentage will improve his accuracy or decision making abilities. Got to give somebody else a shot at it.

50% of Cassel's passes are at the feet or just out of reach high, leading to tips and interceptions. For 40 years the Chiefs have utilized worn out quarterbacks that where no longer usable on their own team (3 in a row from the 49ers IIRC), or second string quarterbacks that remain second string quality while starting at KC.

Last edited by fwm; 10-08-2012 at 16:57..
fwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 16:53   #21
fwm

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_b View Post

I saw that attempt. He was so surprised the ball hit his hands, and not his ankles, he didn't know what to do!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:53   #22
ricklee4570

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That wasn't a few fans cheering at the wrong that was thousands.

Winston is right and he is my new favorite football player.

Were you there??

As a Chiefs fan and season ticket holder, I think I know the difference when Arrowhead has 70,000 fans cheering and maybe a thousand. My son was there. He said he didnt even realize Cassel was hurt and he cheered because he thought they were putting Brady Quinn in. He said that as Cassel went into the locker room, everyone around him was yelling words of support to him.

Funny how people watch t.v. and think they know it all.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:43   #23
USAF96815

Posted by a friend from back home:

"Let me get this straight. Two huge men hit Matt Cassel so violently they knock him senseless in front of 70,000 people – and it is the 70,000 people who watched the attack who are sickening and disgusting?

Someone remind Winston how he makes his living. Why he lives the life he and his family lead. You are a gladiator, Eric. You are there for our expensive amusement. This is not church. This is not our place of work. This is the NFL where winners are cheered and losers suffer the scorn of their fans. Sometimes that scorn is ugly. It is simply the life you chose.

You want nice? You want polite? Go to work in an office for $50K. You want to live like a rock star? Prepare to get your ass graded harshly by those your employer fleeces each week."
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:51   #24
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Can't agree.
Agreed. I think Eric Winston was absolutely spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
Were you there??
No, I wasn't, but Winston was, and he obviously has a very different opinion of what happened than your son. I highly doubt Winston would have reacted so strongly if this incident played out the way you are saying.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 10-09-2012 at 02:53..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:26   #25
ricklee4570

Some fans are jerks, there everywhere you go. We shouldnt blame all of them for the mistakes of a few.

If we do that, then lets outlaw guns.

Last edited by ricklee4570; 10-09-2012 at 03:29..
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote