Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 13:51   #101
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
There is a little flaw in your project there, Skeeter.

The people you speak of have an opportunity to choose their representation. They are completely free inside the voting booth to vote as they wish.

So, uhm, it doesn't seem that a whole lot of them are chosing a third path. I was taught that, to be successful, any political group has to prove to the populace that there is an acheivable benefit to supporting them.

It appears as though nobody outside of the two parties has managed to clear that bar.

As unfortunate as it seems, perhaps it would be a better strategy if the effort was put into making a third party more attractive, rather than the current strategy of simply calling the populace "stupid for not supporting it"

Just a thought.

Do yourself a favor there, before you start name calling, since my name isn't Skeeter.

First things first, look up the 17th amendment.

Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket.

Once you grasp these two concepts, you'll have a better understanding of how an economy works, and how a government goes downhill, FAST.
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:53   #102
Berto
woo woo

Not cool associating Obama with Coca Cola.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:16   #103
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
Not many do, when I lay it out like that for them.

Glad you're so self assured.

I'm not doing a "my guy didn't win so I'm throwing a fit". I'm doing a "I'll continue to vote for what's truly right for this country, and for freedom, and won't compromise one inch to the gov't.

You probably know as well as I, you give the gov't/system an inch, they run with a mile.

I was speaking in a broader sense than just what YOU are saying. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Actually, no, there can be more than 2 if that's what you're getting at. Now since we have a 2 party system, and both parties suck (because of what I just laid out for you, which actually does have everything to do with what you and I are discussing) I'm not going to compromise. Either way it's absolute crap, and this (my) vote will be for the country, not for someone's party or special interests group.

That's not what I was getting at. More than two is fine, even desired. How many does it take to ensure that everybody has the chance to vote FOR their guy and not even entertain the idea of voting against a candidate? And to be clear, I was talking about the disrespectful response of the Romney=Obama crowd (usually lecturing the rest on how smart they are) to the decision making process that some use to determine what they think is best for THEIR vote. Some actually believe that Romney, although not the super messiah many yearn for but will never find, will be better in the next 4 years than Obama.

It's that mentality that is part of the reason why the GOP selected such a horrible candidate to run against Obama. The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives, and many more will never vote for someone who's in favor of bringing back the constitution how it was and having a truly free market/society, because they're scared. They're either sucking off the military industrial complex teet, the war on drugs teet, or the welfare queen teet (yes that's including medicare and SS).

Sorry...my inadequate reasoning abilites can not get from A to B with you here based on my previous post, although I tend to agree with your statement, abeit it has nothing to do with what I was saying. I am not in any one of the above described groups ("The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives) by the way. Big swipe you took there, whittling society down to three groups (excluding "yours" of course), without any real meat to it. Sounds like an ideological outburst to me. "Not that there's anything wrong with that" if that's the way you want to present your argument.
So, in general, I'm just saying that what I see is utter disdain from the more vocal libertarian leaning on this board shown to others that have a different view. It saddens me, as I have been on board with the "freedom" movement for years, and it seems like it has now been hijacked by an OWS/Leftist mentality (e.g., we didn't like the results of the GOP primary so we're gonna sue somebody even though the process belongs to the GOP). This destroys the credibility of the movement.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:18   #104
countrygun

Quote:
Do yourself a favor there, before you start name calling, since my name isn't Skeeter.

First things first, look up the 17th amendment.

Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket.

Once you grasp these two concepts, you'll have a better understanding of how an economy works, and how a government goes downhill, FAST.

I cause people to whine when I mention my education so I will leave that aside and point out that you are again flawed in your blurring the line between what you want and reality.

"Next thing's next - do some research on how allowing everyone to vote will always go to hell in a handbasket."

That may well be true, but it is they way it works and cannot be changed in this Country unless the people vote for it.(which in and of itself presents an amusing dichotomy) So exactly how do you rationalize a philosophy that has a rational impossibility as part of its foundations?
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 14:49   #105
ModGlock17

Quote:

Romney or Obama will do what's best for their party, not this country.

:
Republicans may get a mild surprise. My sense of Romney is that he is not a blindly-republican kind of guy.
ModGlock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:09   #106
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGlock17 View Post
Republicans may get a mild surprise. My sense of Romney is that he is not a blindly-republican kind of guy.
Yeah, he's more of a Ted Kennedy democrat type of guy.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:21   #107
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Yeah, he's more of a Ted Kennedy democrat type of guy.
He murdered a woman by buying her husband's company, he didn't drive her off a bridge, get your talking points right

sheesh
Old 10-10-2012, 16:27   #108
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
He murdered a woman by buying her husband's company, he didn't drive her off a bridge, get your talking points right

sheesh
Hello my paid stalker.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:38   #109
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
Hello my paid stalker.
You flatter yourself.

i am strictly an amature who likes pulling the wings off of S**t flies
Old 10-10-2012, 19:12   #110
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Just a sample -
  • Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy
  • consolidate agencies
  • reduce non-security discretionary spending by 5%
  • eliminate various energy regulations like the ones that are destroying the coal industry
  • Gradually reduce growth in medicare and social security benefits for more affluent seniors
  • repeal and replace Dodd-Frank
  • and on & on
Are you serious? The vague campaign promises of a very well known flip-flopper are now admissible as proof?
LOL! Roll over and take it like a woman, then. You deserve it!
Old 10-10-2012, 19:16   #111
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
Are you serious? The vague campaign promises of a very well known flip-flopper are now admissible as proof?
LOL! Roll over and take it like a woman, then. You deserve it!
Nice try, Sunshine. One more reminder of your challenge -
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama.
Care to try again or shall we just leave it as you being proven to be a liar and stupid? Your choice.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 10-10-2012 at 19:19..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 19:33   #112
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Nice try, Sunshine. One more reminder of your challenge -

Care to try again or shall we just leave it as you being proven to be a liar and stupid? Your choice.
Both candidates are in favor of everything I listed in my first post. If you spent more time learning about the candidates, and less time slinging your slack jaw, you'd have figured that out by now. Stick your "challenge" up your backside, cupcake. When I start caring about what you think of me, I'll let you know.
Old 10-10-2012, 19:38   #113
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
Both candidates are in favor of everything I listed in my first post. If you spent more time learning about the candidates, and less time slinging your slack jaw, you'd have figured that out by now. Stick your "challenge" up your backside, cupcake. When I start caring about what you think of me, I'll let you know.
Sorry Sunshine, care to try again? I've already done half your work for you. Just post that Obama site with the exact same plan and you're home free. Otherwise, I'm sorry...you're still a proven liar and not a bright one at that.

Here's the challenge one more time in case you forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 10-10-2012 at 19:38..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 14:06   #114
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 23:05   #115
G19G20
Status Quo 2014

Ahem.

You can't beat a liberal by running a liberal.
"If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing it?"-Edward Bernays, grandfather of modern propaganda
G19G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:40   #116
jakebrake
cracker

i'm looking forward to the first gary johnson bumper sticker i see.

going to be a fun little stress reliever.
21 clubmember #629 freemasons clubmember # 57
Kalashnikov klub member # 413 black rifle club # 830
The road to Hell is paved with good intent
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote