SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 21:19   #81
Snowman92D

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Machinist View Post
The only two candidates you can see past your blinders are both employed by Goldman Sachs.
Yup...both are taking contributions from the New York jews. It's such a relief to see that Ron Paul gets his campaign cash from the Muslims. Effin' jews.

SUPPORT RON PAUL FOR 2016...!
Snowman92D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 21:44   #82
countrygun

Quote:
So exactly what kind of power do you think you wield? Both of your choices share the same stance on every important domestic and foreign policy issue. Regardless of which empty suit wins, your role is limited to that of tax livestock.
You are soooo right, you have much more power supporting candidates that can't get on the ballot and can't get into office.

I am humbled by your awesomeness
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 00:19   #83
Stubudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
As an independent registered and likely voter in a swing state, I mean far more to them than you do.
lol, yea, you mean a lot- you get a huge volume of specially customized lies blaring out of your tv and radio, we only get the occasional generic. You're the very most important sheep they're trying to herd into their pens.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33   #84
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post
Yup...both are taking contributions from the New York jews. It's such a relief to see that Ron Paul gets his campaign cash from the Muslims. Effin' jews.

Hush now, don't taint their idols

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:35   #85
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
So exactly what kind of power do you think you wield? Both of your choices share the same stance on every important domestic and foreign policy issue. Regardless of which empty suit wins, your role is limited to that of tax livestock.
And who wears the blinders? If you believe Romney and Obama have the same stance on domestic and foreign policy, then clearly your blinders need to be pulled a little wider.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:00   #86
Cavalry Doc
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maggy View Post
I would make your challenge a little easier for them.

Convince me to vote for Romney without making a single reference to Obama.

Partisan politics has given us an "Us vs. Them" mentality. You have to vote for my guy because we can't let the other guy win! When exactly did presidential elections shift from doing what is best for our country to what is best for a particular party. Get your chosen guy elected so the party can swing the pendulum of big government back your way.

So, Why should I vote for Romney? Please explain without making a reference to Obama.
Vote anyway you like. Most people have already decided what they are going to do, an I seriously doubt most are open minded about it.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27   #87
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman92D View Post

It has nothing to do with Jews. You're no better than liberals, because A) You're voting for one, and B) The only thing you have left is resorting to charges of racism, bigotry, etc.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:29   #88
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
You are soooo right, you have much more power supporting candidates that can't get on the ballot and can't get into office.

I am humbled by your awesomeness
I don't seek power, and I don't want it. Swing and a miss.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:33   #89
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
And who wears the blinders? If you believe Romney and Obama have the same stance on domestic and foreign policy, then clearly your blinders need to be pulled a little wider.
Both support entitlement spending that has bankrupted us. Both support military adventurism with no goals or exit strategy. Both support government healthcare mandates. Both support the authority of the government to arrest Americans without charge or trial. Both support increased spending to keep increasing the size and scope of the government.

Where are they different again? Oh, that's right! You can't even name one thing! Just the rest of the Romneybot! Shocker!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:56   #90
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

I voted for H. Ross Perot. I saw what I was a participant in making happen.

I don't have to learn the same lesson twice.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24   #91
jdavionic
NRA Member

Quote:
Both support entitlement spending that has bankrupted us. Both support military adventurism with no goals or exit strategy. Both support government healthcare mandates. Both support the authority of the government to arrest Americans without charge or trial. Both support increased spending to keep increasing the size and scope of the government.

Where are they different again? Oh, that's right! You can't even name one thing! Just the rest of the Romneybot! Shocker!
So you're both arrogant and stupid. Sorry, you cannot claim ignorance if you simply refuse to check the facts for yourself.

I'm not going to do it for you because a) you've already formed an opinion and are not interested in educating yourself any further, and b) I've got better things to do with my time.

Just a sample -
  • Cap federal spending below 20% of the economy
  • consolidate agencies
  • reduce non-security discretionary spending by 5%
  • eliminate various energy regulations like the ones that are destroying the coal industry
  • Gradually reduce growth in medicare and social security benefits for more affluent seniors
  • repeal and replace Dodd-Frank
  • and on & on
Now prove that you are not stupid and or a liar. Show me the exact same plan from Obama. It's understandable to say you don't agree with candidate A and B, and prefer C for the following reasons. That's an intelligent approach. But to sit here and tout such utter BS that A and B are the same...that's just stupid.

I have many criticisms of Romney and was strongly opposed to him during the primaries. However Americans spoke and my guy is out of contention. Therefore I have made a choice based on my own criteria. My choice is Romney. And compared to what I consider the only other viable option, I back Romney 100%.

You do not. We get that. Wonderful. For your own reasons, you believe that voting for someone other than Romney or Obama is the best decision for you. Great. Why you see the need to continue the games of "please convince" (like some whining little B ****) is beyond me.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:36   #92
wjv

Quote:
But to sit here and tout such utter BS that A and B are the same...that's just stupid.
Amen!!!! Yet those same people are claiming that WE are the ones that are "brainwashed" and incapable of independent thinking.

Quote:
I have many criticisms of Romney and was strongly opposed to him during the primaries. However Americans spoke and my guy is out of contention. Therefore I have made a choice based on my own criteria. My choice is Romney. And compared to what I consider the only other viable option, I back Romney 100%.
Same here. I really wanted Cain to get the nomination, but sadly that didn't happen. I suppose I could still write his name in, which would accomplish absolutely NOTHING towards getting the current guy replaced or towards helping America.

Quote:
You do not. We get that. Wonderful. For your own reasons, you believe that voting for someone other than Romney or Obama is the best decision for you. Great. Why you see the need to continue the games of "please convince" (like some whining little B ****) is beyond me.
+100!! They can vote for whomever they wish. But claiming that O and R are the same, or that voting for an alternate candidate instead of R, doesn't help O is pure dishonesty.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-10-2012 at 11:43..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28   #93
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
Amen!!!! Yet those same people are claiming that WE are the ones that are "brainwashed" and incapable of independent thinking.

Funny you hear them cry "You are just voting for Romney because the is the Republican candidate" yet many of them sya they are voting for a third party candidate simply because he isn't actually sounds like the same thing.

Same here. I really wanted Cain to get the nomination, but sadly that didn't happen. I suppose I could still write his name in, which would accomplish absolutely NOTHING towards getting the current guy replaced or towards helping America.

Me too

+100!! They can vote for whomever they wish. But claiming that O and R are the same, or that voting for an alternate candidate instead of R, doesn't help O is pure dishonesty.
The primaries are about voting for principle and to get your individual preference heard.

The General election is about winning the office.

There are only three voting possibilities

They know their candidate can't win.

They don't want Romney to win or they would vote for him

The only one left they can be helping win is Obama

It is that simple.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55   #94
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
As the Country prepares for a top-fuel drag race, there is a group on the sidelines messing with their lawnmower-powered go-cart whining "It's not fair, they won"t let us play because they know we'd win"

You sort of just proved his point. You have no logic or talking points other than the "we're voting him, cause we don't want the guy over there to win!"
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:10   #95
Kablam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
You sort of just proved his point. You have no logic or talking points other than the "we're voting him, cause we don't want the guy over there to win!"
So what's wrong with that reasoning? In this case, for alot of people, their vote for that reason is a pragmatic step towards improving things. For some people, that's a good enough reason for their vote. The the self proclaimed socially and intellectually superior beings that keep hammering people for that (I'm specifically referring to the Romney=Obama crowd) can't seem to accept others' reasoning for their vote. Is that because their guy lost the primary, and then that group wasted any chance they had of having an impact on the GOP because they threw a temper tantrum and started trying to sue the GOP (with a "got my law degree from a matchbook cover lawyer) and overthrow the convention rather than accepting what happened and using their non-zero number of delegates to bargain for the party to move in their desired direction? They're so friggin' smart.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:16   #96
countrygun

Quote:
So you are saying an Obama win is desireable?

Why do I ask? Of course you do.
Old 10-10-2012, 13:25   #97
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablam View Post
So what's wrong with that reasoning? In this case, for alot of people, their vote for that reason is a pragmatic step towards improving things. For some people, that's a good enough reason for their vote. The the self proclaimed socially and intellectually superior beings that keep hammering people for that (I'm specifically referring to the Romney=Obama crowd) can't seem to accept others' reasoning for their vote. Is that because their guy lost the primary, and then that group wasted any chance they had of having an impact on the GOP because they threw a temper tantrum and started trying to sue the GOP (with a "got my law degree from a matchbook cover lawyer) and overthrow the convention rather than accepting what happened and using their non-zero number of delegates to bargain for the party to move in their desired direction? They're so friggin' smart.
Until we have adequate representation for tax payers, Romney, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc will continue to do what gets them the most votes. Romney and Obama are not the answer to our country's problem, and the end result will land us in the same spot.

Romney will want to stay in office for 2 terms (assuming he even wins 2012, which is doubtful in itself.) Either president will cater to special interest groups and voters who put nothing in the pot at the end of the day, because we have inadequate representation for taxation (allowing everyone to vote) and we overstepped the constitution and the bounds it put on gov't, and installed a crony capitalistic system in place. Which gives the gov't the power to decide which business fails, and which does not.

Romney or Obama will do what's best for their party, not this country.

Quote:
So you are saying an Obama win is desireable?

Why do I ask? Of course you do.
Obama or Romney, IDGAF between those two. You can continue to make accusations, just like how your liberal friend GWshark calls you a racist with no apparent evidence of you being one. Should I introduce you two? I could call one of you pot, and the other kettle!
Old 10-10-2012, 13:40   #98
Kablam

Quote:
Until we have adequate representation for tax payers, Romney, Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc will continue to do what gets them the most votes. Romney and Obama are not the answer to our country's problem, and the end result will land us in the same spot.

Romney will want to stay in office for 2 terms (assuming he even wins 2012, which is doubtful in itself.) Either president will cater to special interest groups and voters who put nothing in the pot at the end of the day, because we have inadequate representation for taxation (allowing everyone to vote) and we overstepped the constitution and the bounds it put on gov't, and installed a crony capitalistic system in place. Which gives the gov't the power to decide which business fails, and which does not.

I don't have any particular bones to pick with you about this statement. However, it has absolutely nothing to do with my post. But it does illustrate what I'm talking about. Rabid ideology (my guy or thought didn't win so eff the rest of you "dummies") isn't more correct than a pragmatic decision based on what one thinks is the best realistic path forward. There can only be a limited number of candidates. As a result, very few people will get to vote for their fantasy candidate. Some of us realize this, and try to make the best decision, looking at all options (and this necessarily includes what we don't want) with what's left. This may or may not involve picking a guy that has a chance to win. That choice is up to the individual.
Kablam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:46   #99
countrygun

Quote:

Obama or Romney, IDGAF between those two. You can continue to make accusations, just like how your liberal friend GWshark calls you a racist with no apparent evidence of you being one. Should I introduce you two? I could call one of you pot, and the other kettle!
There is a little flaw in your project there, Skeeter.

The people you speak of have an opportunity to choose their representation. They are completely free inside the voting booth to vote as they wish.

So, uhm, it doesn't seem that a whole lot of them are chosing a third path. I was taught that, to be successful, any political group has to prove to the populace that there is an acheivable benefit to supporting them.

It appears as though nobody outside of the two parties has managed to clear that bar.

As unfortunate as it seems, perhaps it would be a better strategy if the effort was put into making a third party more attractive, rather than the current strategy of simply calling the populace "stupid for not supporting it"

Just a thought.
Old 10-10-2012, 13:49   #100
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
I don't have any particular bones to pick with you about this statement.
Not many do, when I lay it out like that for them.

Quote:
However, it has absolutely nothing to do with my post. But it does illustrate what I'm talking about. Rabid ideology (my guy or thought didn't win so eff the rest of you "dummies") isn't more correct than a pragmatic decision based on what one thinks is the best realistic path forward.
I'm not doing a "my guy didn't win so I'm throwing a fit". I'm doing a "I'll continue to vote for what's truly right for this country, and for freedom, and won't compromise one inch to the gov't.

You probably know as well as I, you give the gov't/system an inch, they run with a mile.

Quote:
There can only be a limited number of candidates. As a result, very few people will get to vote for their fantasy candidate.
Actually, no, there can be more than 2 if that's what you're getting at. Now since we have a 2 party system, and both parties suck (because of what I just laid out for you, which actually does have everything to do with what you and I are discussing) I'm not going to compromise. Either way it's absolute crap, and this (my) vote will be for the country, not for someone's party or special interests group.

Quote:
Some of us realize this, and try to make the best decision, looking at all options (and this necessarily includes what we don't want) with what's left. This may or may not involve picking a guy that has a chance to win. That choice is up to the individual.

It's that mentality that is part of the reason why the GOP selected such a horrible candidate to run against Obama. The religious right, "social conservatives", neo-conservatives, and many more will never vote for someone who's in favor of bringing back the constitution how it was and having a truly free market/society, because they're scared. They're either sucking off the military industrial complex teet, the war on drugs teet, or the welfare queen teet (yes that's including medicare and SS).