Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:30   #1
Raleigh Glocker

Brass Not To Face! Gen 4 G23 Ejection Examined

Well, I was expecting to make one video of two Gen 4s performing exceptionally, but as you already know, that didn't work out. However, I still wanted to show that my Gen 4 G23 ejects great with everything I run through it.

I also made a video comparing the cycling of both pistols in 400fps slow motion. As you can see from the second, short video, the brass ejects very differently between the two. The brass is basically ejected too soon from the G17, causing it to bounce off the slide and reverse its spin before leaving the chamber.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:57   #2
9mmdude

How about slide velocity. Is the Gen4 23 bouncing cases off the ejector at a faster velocity. In the video the recoil of the 17 does not look as forceful.

Glock went to the Gen4's in .40 first and they work. I often wonder if they should have upgraded the Gen4 9mm's with a frame and magazine release only and left the 9mm top ends the same. My argument is flawed because some Gen3 9mm's are having the same btf issue.

Sometimes new isn't better.

Good report and video as usual.
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35   #3
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Thanks for the slo-mo video! Just seems to be more of the same old same old, though. The ejector is hitting low at or about 7:00 o'clock on the case head; and the ejector claw isn't holding onto the rim either tight enough, or for long enough to correctly spin the brass. While all this is going on I, also, suspect that the extractor is, 'chattering', too, and the head of the EDP rod is taking a beating.

(Right or wrong, time will tell.)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-09-2012 at 06:36..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12   #4
cowboy1964

Watching how some brass bounces around in the ejection port it's amazing to me we aren't seeing more jams.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57   #5
Raleigh Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Thanks for the slo-mo video! Just seems to be more of the same old same old, though. The ejector is hitting low at or about 7:00 o'clock on the case head; and the ejector claw isn't holding onto the rim either tight enough, or for long enough to correctly spin the brass. While all this is going on I, also, suspect that the extractor is, 'chattering', too, and the head of the EDP rod is taking a beating.

This pretty much describes the whole enchilada right here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Raleigh Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:03   #6
9mmdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post

Arc, is that due to the angle of the new ejector? Would the 336 hit the casing at a different spot? I am about as mechanical as a kid who can't put legos together so if these questions don't make sense, sorry.

Why do some guns wait until 800 to 1000 rounds to start acting up? Loose tolerances?
9mmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49   #7
diamondd2

Interesting you mentioned the brass is getting ejected to early. I am having a BTF with my G21. Another poster on here is was also having BTF with his G21. He fixed his BTF by installing the 1882 ejector in hi G21. I just bought the 1882 ejector for my G21. I have not installed yet. But, Upon close inspection the 1882 ejector hits the same position on the brass but it is a little shorter. Maybe someone should try filing down the ejector to eject later.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:02   #8
fuzzy03cls

Cool slow mo. My gen 4 G22's eject fine. 1 was when they were released back in early 10 & the other I got in June. I thin the .40 don't see this as much because it's a hotter loaded round.
Sounds to me Glock needs another updated RSA to increase slide voliocy just enough to fix it. They did mess with the 9MM RSA weights.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:08   #9
MonsterB

The only thing I have to offer this thread, is that my Gen4 23 ejects brass so reliably that you could put a coffee can behind me and to the right about 5 yards and catch just about all of the brass. Even after well over 1k rounds, it still is the same. My Gen3 26, not so much.