Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 13:34   #1
adamrs

glock trigger question

I have a glock 17, bought it used, so I didn't know much about it other than it seemed to be an older gen 3. The trigger though on is different than any other glock I have seen - it still has the safety through the center of the trigger, but the trigger itself is smooth, not with the grooves as in other glock triggers- . The safety also seems to slide deeper in to the trigger compared to my 26, and the trigger is much smoother - I believe due to it finally being broken in after a few thousand trigger pulls!

Does anybody know about this trigger? is it an older model trigger? I wanted to trade for a glock 23 - but I dont want to give up the trigger. SO- is it possible to purchase a 23 and switch out the triggers?

thanks for your help
adamrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 13:53   #2
SJ 40

You can use the smooth trigger in the sub compacts or compacts and get rid of the BATF points driven torture device they have to install to import them.

Smooth trigger used in full sized Glocks

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/535...smooth-trigger

torture trigger

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/179...rooved-trigger
SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 13:58   #3
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
SURE YOU CAN !!! General Glocking
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:03   #4
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Yes, it's entirely possible! I've got a smooth-faced G-17 trigger in my G-19. Any older 3rd gen. trigger bar is going to be smoother and easier to operate than a new 4th gen. trigger bar. The sear kick-plate angles are different. Just so you know, the new 4th gen. trigger bars are a little safer to use than the older 3rd gen. bars. (Which is, 'Why' the factory changed the kick-plate angle.)

You may find that you have to experiment more with the type of connector you're using, too.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 10-09-2012 at 14:13..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 14:40   #5
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrs View Post
I have a glock 17, bought it used, so I didn't know much about it other than it seemed to be an older gen 3. The trigger though on is different than any other glock I have seen - it still has the safety through the center of the trigger, but the trigger itself is smooth, not with the grooves as in other glock triggers- . The safety also seems to slide deeper in to the trigger compared to my 26, and the trigger is much smoother - I believe due to it finally being broken in after a few thousand trigger pulls!

Does anybody know about this trigger? is it an older model trigger? I wanted to trade for a glock 23 - but I dont want to give up the trigger. SO- is it possible to purchase a 23 and switch out the triggers?

thanks for your help
I put a flat trigger in my G23. I bought mine through lone wolf (get the one for the glock 17/22/etc. etc.

It will have the trigger bar attached to it. Easy to do.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote