Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-06-2012, 20:40   #1
metal

you just can't make this stuff up

The Detroit Police Officers Association plans to tell the public that they enter the City of Detroit at their own risk.
I predict the public response will be DUH!
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/D...z/-/index.html

Last edited by metal; 10-06-2012 at 20:40..
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 20:59   #2
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
So, the question comes to mind: "What's new about this?"
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 21:20   #3
metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
So, the question comes to mind: "What's new about this?"
lol that's about what my wife said
Old 10-07-2012, 19:41   #4
HoldHard

Welcome to DETOILET. Bring your own guns and ammo.

HH
Old 10-07-2012, 20:02   #5
x_out86

Probably the two most intelligent comments that I have ever seen on a news article comment section:

Quote:
Bring back the STRESS units that liberals and Coleman Young disbanded decades ago.
Quote:
Yes, they need more head cracking. It worked in the past.
I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.

Last edited by x_out86; 10-07-2012 at 20:02..
x_out86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 20:50   #6
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Whynot make this useful info. Such as that Police, Justice dept/DA,etc all agree to honor out of state carry permits. Give folks a chance...
larry_minn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 14:12   #7
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

I know of a few cities that should have signs at the city limits saying "Leave before nightfall!"

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.
Old 10-08-2012, 14:29   #8
Patchman
Florist

That's one way to cut down crime-tell as many potential victims as possible to get out!

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 15:05   #9
The-Fly
The Bofh

Sounds like they need to make a Detroit version of this....

Cop Talk
Old 10-08-2012, 15:36   #10
metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Fly View Post
Sounds like they need to make a Detroit version of this....

Cop Talk
I'd go see that... just as long as I was well north of 8 mile when I was watching it
Old 10-08-2012, 15:43   #11
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

I think a lot of the worst urban areas in this country ought to have secure fences around them. Keep the UN out of it. Offer the elderly, and the disabled a better place to live, and help them and their possessions out under armed security. Then fence off the area that is so gang ridden, and call it what it is. A fricken battle zone, and to be treated as such under the current US and State laws. Clean it up, imprison the gang leaders, offer the underlings a way to redeem themselves in society, and take the youngest amongst them and give them a new life; with limited, or no privileges to the original parents, (if they can be found).

After, the area is cleaned up, napalm it, and raze it under and make a great big garden out of the remains.
Old 10-08-2012, 17:42   #12
Unistat

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Whynot make this useful info. Such as that Police, Justice dept/DA,etc all agree to honor out of state carry permits. Give folks a chance...
Michigan honors all carry permits if you reside in the state that issued yours.
Old 10-08-2012, 17:59   #13
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

There are lots of holes like that in the United States. Chicaghole comes to mind. Places I don't ever want to voluntarily go to. Then again, Managuahole comes to mind as well, but that one is in Nicaraguahole.
Old 10-08-2012, 18:45   #14
jph02

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
The Detroit Police Officers Association plans to tell the public that they enter the City of Detroit at their own risk.
I predict the public response will be DUH!
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/D...z/-/index.html
Could this be, oh, I don't know...a political ploy by the police union? While I don't begrudge DPD officers their salaries, the simple facts are the city is broke and the police union (unlike most other city unions) has refused any concessions. Shortsightedly, telling people to stay away from the city adds to the city's revenue woes and exacerbates the inability of the police union to actually benefit its members.

Quote:
I think a lot of the worst urban areas in this country ought to have secure fences around them. Keep the UN out of it. Offer the elderly, and the disabled a better place to live, and help them and their possessions out under armed security. Then fence off the area that is so gang ridden, and call it what it is. A fricken battle zone, and to be treated as such under the current US and State laws. Clean it up, imprison the gang leaders, offer the underlings a way to redeem themselves in society, and take the youngest amongst them and give them a new life; with limited, or no privileges to the original parents, (if they can be found).

After, the area is cleaned up, napalm it, and raze it under and make a great big garden out of the remains.
And just where do you plan to offer these people new places to live and how do you plan to underwrite the costs? How will these "underlings" redeem themselves in society and what new lives will you give to the youngest among them? Why haven't we, as a society, already done these things if that's the solution? What jobs will be awaiting your resettled folks so you don't just transplant economic disadvantage? Do you have a plan in case they don't have the skills they need because they didn't have access to quality education?
jph02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 19:26   #15
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph02 View Post
Could this be, oh, I don't know...a political ploy by the police union? While I don't begrudge DPD officers their salaries, the simple facts are the city is broke and the police union (unlike most other city unions) has refused any concessions. Shortsightedly, telling people to stay away from the city adds to the city's revenue woes and exacerbates the inability of the police union to actually benefit its members.

And just where do you plan to offer these people new places to live and how do you plan to underwrite the costs? How will these "underlings" redeem themselves in society and what new lives will you give to the youngest among them? Why haven't we, as a society, already done these things if that's the solution? What jobs will be awaiting your resettled folks so you don't just transplant economic disadvantage? Do you have a plan in case they don't have the skills they need because they didn't have access to quality education?
There have been things available for people to voluntarily move up in society for quite some time. Not to mention there is HUD and it's rural counterpart. Just about any citizen can receive some type of help long enough to get him/her self into a more advantageous position.

Read the book, "Who Moved My Cheese?"
http://www.whomovedmycheese.com/

Also, there are a plethora of United Way, and religious, as well as private organizations, who are in the business of helping people. It is not just about government helping.

Last edited by Hack; 10-08-2012 at 19:29..
Old 10-08-2012, 22:25   #16
MarcDW
MDW Guns

Quote:
....Offer the elderly, and the disabled a better place to live, and help them and their possessions out under armed security. ... napalm it, and raze it under and make a great big garden out of the remains.
I fixed it for you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
for current inventory
MarcDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 23:37   #17
ROGER4314

I was born in Chicago and was there for the Democratic National Convention, riots of 1968, Black P Stone Nation, Blackstone Rangers and Black Panther killings and saw blood in the streets and tear gas floating across the city. Life came cheap then and I packed up and left that rat hole.

It gives me no pleasure to see Detroit in that situation but our courts turn the BG's loose as quickly as the cops lock them up. I worked in the Texas Prison System and heard Offenders say "I'm not going to quit stealing just because I got locked up in here" many times.

Prison needs to be a place that folks will NOT want to return to AND people caught in the act of killing or harming someone should pay the ultimate price THIS WEEK, not next decade.

My friend was murdered in Houston for his wristwatch this year. Those turds better be thankful than I'm not running things. Their rotting corpses would be left hanging on the tree branch where they died and it would happen in the same calendar month of their crime.

Judge Roy Bean had the right idea. Criminals were arrested, tried and strung up on the same day.

Flash

Loving the Harley idle....potato, potato, potato.

Last edited by ROGER4314; 10-08-2012 at 23:41..
ROGER4314 is offline   Reply With Quote