SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 21:46   #41
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetnut259 View Post
Yeah, I am familiar with both of the sites you've listed. Unless I missed something, neither one specifically spells out where you can't carry concealed in PA with a LTCF. I would love to see an official PA listing of the restrictions. Twenty years ago when I got my first license to carry, the sheriff of my county at that time gave me the following restrictions:

No schools
No banks, credit unions or other financial institutions
No courthouses
Nowhere that sells or serves alcohol

If any of those have changed, I would love to see it in writing.
From what I can tell, it's illegal to carry in a court building and a school, it didn't say anything about not being allowed to carry in a bank. However, I just browsed it, and used the search function, so it's possible I missed something. I didn't check out any sections about alcohol, so I can't comment on that.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI.../PDF/18/18.PDF
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 21:47   #42
jack76590

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:05   #43
UtahIrishman
BLR

The rare times I go into our bank I carry.

Their only request is to take off sunglasses and lower the hoody before coming inside. Considering events of late I think that's reasonable.

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 22:06   #44
Indianashooter

Perfectly legal here in Indiana. I even OC on occasion.
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 00:43   #45
MR57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanderson View Post
I have only been carrying for a couple of months now, in my laptop bag to work. I know a lot of people disagree with that method of carry, but now that it's getting colder I'll think about using a paddle holster under my jacket.

There is no law in Ohio prohibiting me from carrying in a bank. My bank has no posted signs banning guns. The branch I go to was robbed last week.

So, would you (do you) carry when visiting your bank?

On the one hand I think it's clearly a place where a BG with gun may show up. On the other hand, I wouldn't want anyone to see me carrying and panic, leading to who knows what.
Of course I would carry into my bank. I always do. Perfectly lawful. Why would anyone see you carrying. I have been carrying for 5 yrs now. I go to family partys with 15 people in close proximity and no one ever knows. You need to know how to carry correctly. Nothing tight. Larger shirts for instance.
MR57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:23   #46
Lowjiber

Some of the most horrid crimes in America have been committed by banks. That's plenty of reason for me to be armed in a bank.

At the rate our bankers are going, it won't be long before they'll simply have armed thugs inside the door to steal your money. After all, why go through the motions of having you make a deposit before they steal it?

(Stepping down from soapbox now.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34   #47
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianashooter View Post
Perfectly legal here in Indiana. I even OC on occasion.
Same-Same here in Virginia.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:57   #48
Thumpernator

My credit union has a No Weapons sign but I ignore it. Signs carry no weight here in GA. They also have a No Sunglasses No Hoodies sign. I wear glasses (Transition lenses) and they turn dark in sunlight and lighten back up when out of the sun, but they take a little time to do so. Went into the CU last week and as I walked by the front counter to get to the tellers she says, "Hey, no sunglasses allowed in the CU." I said they were Transition glasses and just kept on walking. She didn't notice my concealed M&P Shield.
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13   #49
The Wolverine

Hell yes I do.

I do not know the stats, but I would guess in a bank, would be way up on a list of places you would most likely need/use a CW.
The Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 21:19   #50
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior View Post
Just go about your business at the bank with your shooter concealed from casual observation - you'll be fine.
I agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 21:45   #51
Drain You
NRA member

Why would I carry to a place where people expect you to walk out with large sums of cash? I mean won't the broad daylight protect me?
Drain You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 00:13   #52
Schlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
This is an issue with many people, so I'd say yes! Many members here are new to carrying, and have limited resources for decent info.
I hope not. Hey guys, here's 10000 reasons why you should carry... would you carry?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:36   #53
mj9mm

my bank does not prohibit carry, and i think they understand criminals will not respect the sign, and a law abiding carrier may actually be a plus.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote