Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:07   #101
Skyhook

Send a message via Yahoo to Skyhook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
This is where the older generation, which I assume based on your post you are part of, just don't get it.

Whiner-no. Realistic-yes.

There was a thread the general section which went on forever titled "Retirement is not a right" guess what...its not.

The only thing which offends me is stupidity and ignorance. While those hittting the social security/Medicare rolls daily keep saying "protect my social security"...I've never heard one single one say "oh yeah, and protect it for my kids."
Let's blame that on your limited travels & conversations, ok?
Simple truth: Social Security will be bankrupt by 2033. It started paying out more in 2010 than it took in. If the elderly are so noble, please tell me your plan to make sure I get my money - which by the way is paying for those on SS right now. Again, the simple truth is social security is a pyramid scheme. When it started there was 33 paying for every one receiving...fast forward and its now 1 to 7 and by the time the last of the baby boomers retire its 1 to 4. Yeah, its a good plan

Politicans fool the elderly into saying "we need to keep social security afloat" when in reality they should be saying "how do we sunset it."

I've never seen good come out of putting more money in the hands of government; which is where this all started. The problem is in part the poor don't pay any federal taxes - the bigger problem is the Fed continues to spend like a drunken sailor. Simply put WE ALL PAY TOO MUCH INTO GOVERNMENTS. When you consider up to 30% of your pay ends up back in their hands; hell the vig for the mob is usually only 20%-25%

I don't resent the elderly - I simply think any one of them which give me that "working when you were crapping in your pants" b.s forgets they were young once at well.

Maybe their age is affecting their memory
No matter, what has happened, and your thinking reflects it is effective, is the Democrat liars and propagandists have gotten to a lot of otherwise intelligent folks and have succeeded in pitting one group against another. In this case, you have chosen to exhibit a kind of age-related prejudice. See if you can 'get' that.

While we are busy kicking each other around for petty, short-sighted reasons- reasons originating in the evil minds of progressives and their ilk- those originators are giggling all the way to our collective destruction and their cemented elite positions.
Skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:06   #102
Hef
Stop Obammunism

Nothing will ever change so long as there are people who view government as a service provider. The only reason for government to exist is to protect our rights in such ways as individuals cannot. Our government was never intended to be, nor has ever demonstrated to be capable of, managing retirement funds, housing, feeding the poor, etc, nor should it be. Those are charitable acts that are best left in the hands of charities to carry out. Instead, they are treated by our politicians (and voters) as political footballs to be kicked and fought over.

Government is not the answer to all of society's ills. Until we stop looking for it to be, we will continue to be plagued by government run amok.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:55   #103
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
Nothing will ever change so long as there are people who view government as a service provider. The only reason for government to exist is to protect our rights in such ways as individuals cannot. Our government was never intended to be, nor has ever demonstrated to be capable of, managing retirement funds, housing, feeding the poor, etc, nor should it be. Those are charitable acts that are best left in the hands of charities to carry out. Instead, they are treated by our politicians (and voters) as political footballs to be kicked and fought over.

Government is not the answer to all of society's ills. Until we stop looking for it to be, we will continue to be plagued by government run amok.

Very well said, thank you.
Old 10-13-2012, 13:09   #104
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hef View Post

Good work! +1
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote