Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48   #1
Southswede

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.

I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out.

From birth, you teach your children that I'm the boogeyman, then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy... the criminal! You accuse me of coddling criminals...until I catch your kids doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer for having one cup between calls. You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise Cain, and sometimes resort to violence, with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but somehow you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.

You shout "FOUL" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved. You say you have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!
Southswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56   #2
puckhead

Great post!
puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58   #3
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Can I get an amen, brother?

Its the reasons above, and many more, that have made me decide to leave the field. Unfortunately for me, I'm too far in to quit and have to suck it up for 7.5 more years. Still trying like hell to get the Powerball winning numbers though.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:17   #4
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Aaaaaaaaaamen
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Ship A'Hoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44   #5
RussP

Excellent!!!!!!!!

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:19   #6
JC2317

Perfect.
Old 10-10-2012, 13:22   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Right click, save as...
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 13:38   #8
msu_grad_121
BOOSH

Spot on! I'd love to have that printed up on cards and hand them to sanctimonious ***holes who just can't keep their mouths shut about any or all of the above. But of course, that would go over like a fart in church.

Great post, all the same!
Old 10-10-2012, 15:30   #9
glockandme

Copied and posted. Excellent!
Flight Deck Aviator #22
S&W MP 9
glockandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:15   #10
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

You forgot marginalized and demonized. But, it is a salient point.

I remember I would drive through some shady neighborhoods and the little kids loved me. I'd wave at them, they'd wave back, until their mom came out and beat the ever living crap out of them for being friendly to me. The teenagers were more sullen. They had already learned to hate.

Children don't hate, they are taught to hate.
Old 10-10-2012, 16:27   #11
nikerret
Mr. Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I remember I would drive through some shady neighborhoods and the little kids loved me. I'd wave at them, they'd wave back, until their mom came out and beat the ever living crap out of them for being friendly to me.
Then, you drive through one of the affluent neighborhoods and everyone refuses to acknowlede you're there or runs out expecting you to tell them every detail of why you are in their neighborhood.
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 16:36   #12
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
Then, you drive through one of the affluent neighborhoods and everyone refuses to acknowlede you're there or runs out expecting you to tell them every detail of why you are in their neighborhood.
I never spent much time in those neighborhoods. My job always brought me to the hood. But, I always prefered to be ignored. And unless the little kiddies were out, I usually was.

The most interesting kid situation was a vehicle that kept going around and around a convenience store in the hood. I figured they were looking for someone to dope some bales of weed in their vehicle, or they were lost looking for a smuggling group. So, I watch this car from a distance go around the frong of the conveience store to the back and around again, never stopping, but not breaking any speed records either.

Finally, it heads back toward the neighborhood. I follow it (night time), they haven't seen me yet. When it pulls over, I light it up. It was an 11 year old at the wheel, and his his 9 year old brother in the passenger.

I ask them what on earth they were doing driving. They said, their mom was chilling inside and sent them out for a few things. Mom came out and actually had the gaul to be pissed that I had pulled over the vehicle. I explained the situation to her in some colorful language and mentioned CPS, and she suddenly decided that she had the wrong end of that stick.
Old 10-10-2012, 16:45   #13
RetailNinja

Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southswede View Post
You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.
I'm SOOOOOOOO using this!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 21:25   #14
NecoDude

Testify Brother !!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 23:13   #15
frizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
How stupid can someone get?

For a neighborhood like that, cop cars are "scare-burglars" of far better power than a "This house protected by XYZ Security" sign. Objective evidence supports this conclusion.

Do other cops in other cities share this experience? Are the wealthy in nikerret's city just an aberration, or do they usually look down their snotty noses at y'all?
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 00:45   #16
CanIhaveGasCash

Edit: decided not to feed the troll

Last edited by CanIhaveGasCash; 10-11-2012 at 00:46..
CanIhaveGasCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23   #17
merlynusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Can I get an amen, brother?

Its the reasons above, and many more, that have made me decide to leave the field. Unfortunately for me, I'm too far in to quit and have to suck it up for 7.5 more years. Still trying like hell to get the Powerball winning numbers though.
Who isn't on the Powerball retirement plan?
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31   #18
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Grat post.

Belongs in GNG.........LOL.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26   #19
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Grat post.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...5#post19506655

Old 10-11-2012, 15:22   #20
Southswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
Grat post.

Seems the "good folks" over at GNG disagree.

Old 10-11-2012, 15:32   #21
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

LMAO........big huevos dude.

BIG HUEVOS.

Isn't it great the way they fed like piranhas??????
Old 10-11-2012, 16:02   #22
Thumpernator

I think Paul Harvey sums it up pretty good. They played the audio in a Power Point presentation at my sons academy graduation ceremony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvZBKwvE0k

This is good too. Us old guys will recognize the young cop that Joe Friday is talking to. He later starred in "Adam 12."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3hi...eature=related
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:03   #23
AZL

Great post swede.

"If you take your hands off the back of my cruiser one more time, I will make your birth certificate a worthless document." Me Again
AZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 17:45   #24
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I posted it on a board yesterday on a topic concerning the cop that got his balls grabbed twisted. They were full of hate, but that post got lots of love.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 18:46   #25
Southswede

The thread over on GNG was locked. A stumper as to why......