Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2012, 13:51   #81
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

General Glocking

General Glocking
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:01   #82
crimdelacrim

DAM!!!! mines dipped!!! haha. A shopping I will go.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:02   #83
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimdelacrim View Post
This is the one I bought and it came non dipped:

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7284&CAT=708

Glock sent me a new dipped one that did nothing for me.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 14:10   #84
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
This is the one I bought and it came non dipped:

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7284&CAT=708

Glock sent me a new dipped one that did nothing for me.
Just ordered. Thanks man...like really thanks. I wasn't going to worry until yesterday when the gun was actually dangerously unreliable. I really hope it works.
Old 10-12-2012, 14:12   #85
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Just ordered. Thanks man...like really thanks. I wasn't going to worry until yesterday when the gun was actually dangerously unreliable. I really hope it works.
If you need help when you get the part to install it send me a pm, I will walk you through it.

FM

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-12-2012, 14:12   #86
dhgeyer

Quote:
Glockparts.com
Bailey, CO

303-903-5465

Hours 8AM to 4PM Mountain Standard Time M-F

Talk to Dave. Tell him you need the non-dip extractor. He has both. If you don't specify, you might get another dipped one. About 20 bucks plus shipping. I would suggest a White Sound Defense extra power extractor depressor plunger spring, and a non-LCI spring loaded bearing. You don't need the whole WSD setup - just the spring. Dave will take care of you.

customerservice@glockparts.com

http://glockparts.com
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 14:15   #87
dhgeyer

Quote:
If you ordered it on the website, I suggest calling Dave to make sure you get the non-dipped extractor. Also the other items I mentioned.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 16:26   #88
PrecisionRifleman

To the poster who commented on no reports of issues with the USA made Flocks. Its probbaly because they haven't been shot much, and that there are few on the market. Give it sometime.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 10-12-2012 at 16:27..
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 18:27   #89
crimdelacrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer View Post
If you ordered it on the website, I suggest calling Dave to make sure you get the non-dipped extractor. Also the other items I mentioned.
Thanks. I put his number in my phone and I will call him first thing after class tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2012, 19:29   #90
jack76590

Let me start by saying I believe the vast majority of the problems reported on this issue are valid and caused by the firearm not the shooter.

I had feeding problems with a Gen 3 G22 and G23. I never used lights, but I was not alone in have problems on these model with and without lights attached.

In short, I believe the problems with the Gen 3s in 40 caliber were real as are the current problems with 9mm glocks.

If the current Gen 4s in 40 caliber are running ok, I think the question needs to be asked, if glock fixed the 40 cal problem, but in doing so caused problems with their 9mms? Any speculations? Anyone know how the new 40 caliber glocks are running, esp with lights attached?
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 20:50   #91
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
Let me start by saying I believe the vast majority of the problems reported on this issue are valid and caused by the firearm not the shooter.

I had feeding problems with a Gen 3 G22 and G23. I never used lights, but I was not alone in have problems on these model with and without lights attached.

In short, I believe the problems with the Gen 3s in 40 caliber were real as are the current problems with 9mm glocks.

If the current Gen 4s in 40 caliber are running ok, I think the question needs to be asked, if glock fixed the 40 cal problem, but in doing so caused problems with their 9mms? Any speculations? Anyone know how the new 40 caliber glocks are running, esp with lights attached?
My Gen 4 G23 runs fine with the exception of the occasional BTF. It's not that frequent, but it does happen.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 21:01   #92
jack76590

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
My Gen 4 G23 runs fine with the exception of the occasional BTF. It's not that frequent, but it does happen.
Not sure what "BTF" means. Did you perhaps mean "FTF" or failure to feed? If so can you describe?

When my Gen 3 G22 and G23 had failure to feed bullet hung up low on ramp. Pull back slide and round popped up and releasing slide feed round.

This got me started on changing springs. Heavier mag springs did seem to help a bit, but did not cure problem. Also tried heavier and lighter recoil springs. Eventually just gave up and sold G22 and will probably sell G23 sometime.

Last edited by jack76590; 10-14-2012 at 21:02..
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 21:50   #93
tbc

BTF = Brass To the Face.

Sent from my iPhone 6 :D
tbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:48   #94
crimdelacrim

TIL that glocks with the starting serial letter as P through S are flagged at Glock as needing a new ejector. My glock starts with "P."

That would explain a lot. This "perfect" business starts to get under your skin after a while if you have an example that says otherwise sitting in your hands.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01   #95
brickboy240

Well I installed the Apex extractor and it seemed to hold a dummy round while I had it apart. I also hand cycled a few dummy rounds and they all ran through fine.

I then took the G19 out with 4 boxes of new factory 9mm ammo. 2 boxes of Federal Champion and 2 boxes of Winchester White box. All 115gr fmj ammo.

Guess what...the Apex part made NO DIFFERENCE at all!

Yes, I still got 2-3 pieces of brass to the face per 15rd magazine. Literally no difference over the factory dip MIM extractor at all.

Disgusted...I just stopped shooting and did not use the rest of my 300rds I had set aside. Why bother?

Right now...I am DONE with all things Glock. I am going to clean it up and take it and trade it for a Walther PPQ or HK USP Compact 9 and call it good. I will hang on to my 2 gen 2 guns but NO MORE new Glocks....ever!

Just thought I'd let you know my results...I am not wasting one more red cent on this damn pistol or wasting any more time on it. Sixty plus dollars just totally wasted.

You all can do what you want...but sorry...life is too damn short to keep playing around with these iffy POS guns.

-brickboy240
Old 10-15-2012, 10:14   #96
Southwind

Brickboy -- gen 3 or gen 4?
Southwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:36   #97
LampShadeActual

"The changes I made to the pistol were the sights, the Ghost Rocket, G17 smooth trigger bar, Vickers mag release, and vickers slide stop. I also replaced the factory springs with Wolff factory weight springs, and the trigger spring is a 6# extra power spring. I basically do the same modifications to all my Glocks. I also did some grip work on it recently."

After changing or monkeying with just about everything that makes a Glock function, function in a time specific cycle, function within a certain velocity window, and otherwise monkeyed up everything with your favorite parts, a question:

What does this have to do with whether a new Glock works or not?

Kee'Rhrist, all you have to do to stop an M1 Carbine from working perfectly is install a set of Wolf springs in it. Almost a guarantee it will quit running. And a carbine is almost moron proof.
LampShadeActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16   #98
brickboy240

Oops! My bad!

The gun in question is a 3rd gen G19 born in April of 2012 with the 336 ejector.

Tired of fooling with it. This is the kind of garbage we used to do to get a Colt 1911 to run right. Buy it new and start immediately yanking out parts...hoping THIS TIME it will run right. Spending tons of money and time just to get the thing to run through one damn mag with no problems.

Sorry...but I am just tired of this crap.

Going to a PPQ or HK and never looking back....y'all have fun tinkering! LOL
Old 10-15-2012, 11:49   #99
molar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
Well I installed the Apex extractor and it seemed to hold a dummy round while I had it apart. I also hand cycled a few dummy rounds and they all ran through fine.

I then took the G19 out with 4 boxes of new factory 9mm ammo. 2 boxes of Federal Champion and 2 boxes of Winchester White box. All 115gr fmj ammo.

Guess what...the Apex part made NO DIFFERENCE at all!

Yes, I still got 2-3 pieces of brass to the face per 15rd magazine. Literally no difference over the factory dip MIM extractor at all.

Disgusted...I just stopped shooting and did not use the rest of my 300rds I had set aside. Why bother?

Right now...I am DONE with all things Glock. I am going to clean it up and take it and trade it for a Walther PPQ or HK USP Compact 9 and call it good. I will hang on to my 2 gen 2 guns but NO MORE new Glocks....ever!

Just thought I'd let you know my results...I am not wasting one more red cent on this damn pistol or wasting any more time on it. Sixty plus dollars just totally wasted.

You all can do what you want...but sorry...life is too damn short to keep playing around with these iffy POS guns.

-brickboy240
I got my gun running right with the Apex extractor, BUT it required the 30274 ejector and a non lci spring loaded bearing. I'd give that a try if I were you
molar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03   #100
Brandon712

Can you link to where you purchased the 30274 ejector and non lci spring loaded bearing?
Brandon712 is offline   Reply With Quote