Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-28-2012, 18:53   #161
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPris View Post
TNP,
If that was a response to me, I read part of the thread you referenced, not going to read all the pages.
Been following this one & it seems there's no guaranteed fix.
There often isn't a guaranteed fix.

I had a faulty 30SF. Glock themselves couldn't fix it.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the same were true of the Gen4s, especially in 9x19.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 20:28   #162
DPris

Yep.
So- what are the problems with the M&Ps?
Denis
DPris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 22:44   #163
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Yep.
Denis
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=52771
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Fire_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 22:50   #164
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
That's a 43 page thread that started 2.5 years ago.

Can you summarize and keep it current?

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 10-28-2012, 22:53   #165
DPris

Thanks.
Denis
Old 10-28-2012, 22:54   #166
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
That's a 43 page thread that started 2.5 years ago.

Can you summarize and keep it current?
So you don't want to read it but want me to summarize it?

Didn't know we had a timeframe of how old of a thread we can link from date of inception, lol.

The thread was started 2.5 years ago, yes, but there are still problematic guns, hence the recent posts still.
Florida Glockers Club #2250, BHP Club #2250, Niners Club #2250, G1 Niners Club #2250, Black Rifle Club #2250, S&W Club #2250, 40SW Club #2250

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!

Last edited by Fire_Medic; 10-28-2012 at 22:55..
Old 10-28-2012, 22:56   #167
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
So you don't want to read it but want me to summarize it?
43 pages? You sure are correct, I definitely do not want to read it.

If you have no actual knowledge on the topic, just say so. I thought that you might know something, but I'm wrong plenty.

Old 10-28-2012, 23:00   #168
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
43 pages? You sure are correct, I definitely do not want to read it.

If you have no actual knowledge on the topic, just say so. I thought that you might know something, but I'm wrong plenty.
I'm not going to explain 43 pages of a thread because you try to upset me by saying I have no knowledge on something. you can take the jedi mind tricks somewhere else. You can also try google if my direct link of the information you're looking for is not good enough for you.

General Glocking

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-28-2012, 23:03   #169
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
I'm not going to explain 43 pages of a thread because you try to upset me by saying I have no knowledge on something. you can take the jedi mind tricks somewhere else. You can also try google if my direct link of the information you're looking for is not good enough for you.
I know, what was I thinking? Going to Glock Talk for information about guns...how silly and lazy of me.

Last edited by Warp; 10-28-2012 at 23:04..
Old 10-28-2012, 23:04   #170
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
I know, what was I thinking? Going to Glock Talk for information about guns...how silly and lazy of me.
And that fixes the brass to the face issue how?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-28-2012, 23:07   #171
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Since you seem to have forgotten: Here was the question you responded to.

Quote:
Yep.
Denis
Also, you specifically stated you would not buy a used, recent M&P, which indicates that you do actually have knowledge regarding their supposed problems.

But I guess you aren't helpful enough to share that information straight up, so I"ll be on my way.

Last edited by Warp; 10-28-2012 at 23:08..
Old 10-28-2012, 23:12   #172
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
Since you seem to have forgotten: Here was the question you responded to.

Also, you specifically stated you would not buy a used, recent M&P, which indicates that you do actually have knowledge regarding their supposed problems.

But I guess you aren't helpful enough to share that information straight up, so I"ll be on my way.
If you keep reading he was satisfied with the thread I linked, and even thanked me for it, VS trying to incite an argument because he's too lazy to read.

This is a thread about issues with Glocks, and I do not wish to de-rail the thread or have it locked because it strays off topic into covering issues with another platform that is NOT a Glock.

So keep the guilt trip, if you had even typed something into google it would have been figured out already.......

How much more than a "direct" link to 43 pages covering the topic do you want.....geesh.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!
Old 10-28-2012, 23:32   #173
GPBob

Well anyhow, moving on. My certified Glock armorer got in the two 30274 ejectors and what I thought were going to be non-dipped extractors. Well the extractors were dipped and only one of the ejectors actually helped. I switched a 30274 into my 95% functioning 19 and it was spitting brass every which way. That one will keep it's 336 ejector and LW 9mm extractor. My once "turd" FDE 19 is now ejecting at 3:00 with authority. That one has the 30274 ejector and 40cal LW extractor.

I now have a fully functioning gun. For now anyway.
GPBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:01   #174
DEADEYEGUY

Fire Medic,
the Compact versions of the M&P's don't have the early unlocking issues of the full sized 9mm models. Mines very accurate and been reliable through thousands of rounds.
DEADEYEGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:17   #175
dhgeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADEYEGUY View Post
Fire Medic,
the Compact versions of the M&P's don't have the early unlocking issues of the full sized 9mm models. Mines very accurate and been reliable through thousands of rounds.
This thread is about Glock problems and how to resolve some of them. It's supposed to be a source of help and suggestions, shared experiences good and not so good.

There are dozens, hundreds, maybe thousands of forum threads on who knows how many forums arguing about the relative merits/deficiencies/issues with the M&P's as opposed to the Glocks. We don't need another one here.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19   #176
brickboy240

No kidding!

5 minutes spent on a Google search and you will find every wart that plagues the full size M&P 9mms and the various remedies for each of them.

-brickboy240
Old 10-29-2012, 12:05   #177
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
No kidding!

5 minutes spent on a Google search and you will find every wart that plagues the full size M&P 9mms and the various remedies for each of them.

-brickboy240
So the problems are with the full size 9mms. Information at last

Old 10-29-2012, 12:16   #178
SCmasterblaster

Has anyone ever entertained the thought that the Glock erratic ejections are caused in part by the new dual recoil spring assembly?
Old 10-29-2012, 12:26   #179
DPris

I wasn't trying to derail in asking about the M&P, just looking fror a brief followup on the "problems with" mentions.

In the past, I've stuck to Glocks for plastic pistols because of their price point, their reliability, their compact dimensions, their ready-to-go-out-of-the-box capability, and the fact that I can work on them myself.

The Glocks are not the ONLY plastic pistol worth having, though, and once the reliability factor is in question the rest of its positive attributes can't overcome that for me, in a NEW purchase.
I don't own Glocks for the range, they HAVE to function. My older ones do.

I'd been mildly interested in the M&Ps, but wanted to give them time to work out the bugs.
I did the same for the Gen 4 Glocks.

It would appear that new Glocks are going in the wrong direction, and I'd hoped the M&P had arrived by now.
Seeing mention of problems with them here just set me to asking for a quick run-down of where they sit now for those who have one. No intention of starting a war.
Denis
Old 10-29-2012, 12:29   #180
Fire_Medic
CLM Number 261
Polymer Butcher

Quote:
I wasn't trying to derail in asking about the M&P, just looking fror a brief followup on the "problems with" mentions.

In the past, I've stuck to Glocks for plastic pistols because of their price point, their reliability, their compact dimensions, their ready-to-go-out-of-the-box capability, and the fact that I can work on them myself.

The Glocks are not the ONLY plastic pistol worth having, though, and once the reliability factor is in question the rest of its positive attributes can't overcome that for me, in a NEW purchase.
I don't own Glocks for the range, they HAVE to function. My older ones do.

I'd been mildly interested in the M&Ps, but wanted to give them time to work out the bugs.
I did the same for the Gen 4 Glocks.

It would appear that new Glocks are going in the wrong direction, and I'd hoped the M&P had arrived by now.
Seeing mention of problems with them here just set me to asking for a quick run-down of where they sit now for those who have one. No intention of starting a war.
Denis
No war at all, you asked and I gave a link, everything was fine. But we have another forum member to lazy to look things up for himself (or even read) stirring the pot, is all.

43 pages, I'm not gonna read that.....whaaaaa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

RIP GioaJack!