SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:52   #201
firstg19

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktecher View Post
I am curious if anyone else finds it absurd that a supposed quality firearm has this many pages of post on how to fix something that should not even happen coming out of the factory.

Is Glock doing any testing on what they are putting on the market, or do they realize that there are customers willing to accept anything?

I know they are good pistols, I have many.

But this is beyond bizaar.
If you look through this thread, you will find that many of the posts are from a lot of the same people. I'm not saying the problems are not real, but I think the problem is a little over exagerated as to how many guns are affected. After spending quite a bit of time reading on here and being terrified, I started keeping track of who was posting and what they were saying. Based on this, I went out and traded on a brand new gen 4 g26, which I plan to shoot for the first time this weekend. Hopefully my analysis was right and the problem is not as widespread as it seems. You will find a ticked off customer is going to post and make much more noise than a happy customer.
firstg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:22   #202
kp352g

What in Sam Hill did Glock do to their pistols? It must be more than just extractor or ejector. It's a shame.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -- Erwin Rommel
kp352g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:44   #203
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
No kidding!

Wasn't the other thread eventually closed down because the impolite cretins kept blabbering on about how THEY were having no problems and thought we were stupid for posting about our issues?

How hard is it to stay out of threads that do not apply to you or your situation? I don't own a 10mm Glock so I damn sure stay out of those threads. Why go there and comment on how silly you think it is to own a 10mm or how high the ammo is?

That is half the problem with Glock Talk....too many people here with no manners or sense of how to be civil and polite. No wonder most of the civilized, sane and well meaning people have long left this place for forums where that kind of nonsense is not tolerated.

-brickboy240
10 mm is silly and the ammo is way to high! ;-)
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 16:20   #204
Markel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
To be honest, if the new coming Apex 3rd gen extractor does not cure my G19...I am seriously considering dumping Glock and going to the PPQ.
-brickboy240
Another alternative is a Gen4 Glock 23 in .40 S&W. They seem to have much fewer reported problems. I have 1,300 rounds through mine with no issues (04/12 test fire date).

Of the 1,300 rounds, the last 600 were through my Glock .357 Sig barrel. Also flawless and it is what I consider the ultimate 9mm cartridge.

I looked at the PPQ and it just does not fit my hand like the Gen4 Compacts. There is just something about the dimensions that are just right. Which is saying something since my favorite guns are 1911s! I just don't want to carry one.
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:01   #205
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgeyer View Post
Oh thank you!!! I didn't know there was an ignore list. Thanks for telling me. Congratulations tnpatriot: you get to be the first!
First on mine too.
judgecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:27   #206
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyglock View Post
Just saw this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents. I purchased a brand new Gen III 21SF three weeks ago and took it to the range and shot a wide variety of ammo. I lost count after 30 to the face. The one thing I found odd was that all the brass was scorched and I mean really burnt on one side of the casing. I showed it to my armorer and he was thinking the casings were not sitting properly in the barrel. Sent it back to Glock at the begining of the month and called to find out the status of the pistol. I was told the pistol could not be fixed and I was being sent a new 21SF.
I would have loved to have been present while they were working on it. I too have a Gen3 21sf that started out with BTF. I removed some from the extractor step and removed some from the back side of the claw and it seems to work ok with a little bit heavier reload. Let me know if you learn more and/or how the new pistol does.
Old 11-01-2012, 17:33   #207
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBob View Post
Since one of the members made me aware of the ignore list option, it's made my visits here so much more enjoyable.
GPBob, we are in full agreement. My ignore list is growing also.
Old 11-01-2012, 17:47   #208
judgecrater

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBob View Post
He felt that it was unorthodox but would send it anyway. That's what I call service. Apparently all these 19s need a custom fix and not a one size fit all.

Can't tell you how many threads I have read and there is no universal fix. Each fix seems to contain a unique mix of replacement parts.
Old 11-01-2012, 18:31   #209
DPris

And that's something I have no interest in doing.
When I bought my Glocks, reliability was included in the box at no extra charge.
Denis
DPris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 19:11   #210
Sid Nitzerglobin

Swung by the shop/range tonight and talked to another of the guys at the gun counter. Told him Glock said I needed the new ejector, gave him the part # and he placed the order for new ejector for me w/ no issues. We'll see how it goes.

Shot another 200 rounds of the Winchester whitebox while I was there, focusing on grip and stance (a little too much maybe, I was ridiculously stiff and everything was ~2-3" down and an inch or so to the left w/ the sights lined up and front dot on the bullseye, grouping was better just consistently off). While it was better on the FTE front (3), around a third of the casings came back at 6 o'clock off the bill of my hat/glasses or over my head w/ a half dozen or so ejections to the left.
Sid Nitzerglobin is offline   Reply With Quote