SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-13-2012, 20:22   #76
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
And in a huge, perhaps majority of situations, local LEOs absolutely do not need an invitation to enforce laws on private property. In fact one of the laws that is sporadically enforced on private property in this state is Obstruction of Justice FSS 843, which well more than once, has found someone seated handcuffed in the back of a Criwn Vic or Monaco or a couple models in between (and possibly before) when they mistakenly thought they could deny the police entry.
Sorry, should've clarified more. When I said private property, I wasn't thinking home private property. My uncle owns a boat repair shop on land that is owned by the Marina, and they own a huge chunk of land, with a nice road going through it. And apparently the cops won't go down in that area unless they're invited in. Don't know why, maybe it's the only private place where cops won't go, but that's the kind of thing I meant when I said private property.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:23   #77
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Should we be permitted to carry there? Yes.

Are we? No.

Have I ever? No.

Will I ever? Not until it's legal for me to do so.

Old 10-13-2012, 20:25   #78
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgarreth View Post
The post office is a private business, BUT it follows fedral regulations and federal laws. It is considered a federal building.Because of that, it has to follow federal rules. Unless you are LEO you are not allowed to carry in any PO. If its in a mall, you are fine until you step through the door of the PO. If anyone wants to carry in a PO, you go right ahead. I certainly will not. By the way, my uncle was a regional district manager for over 30 yearsand several other family members also work at other facilites. I might have a little insight.
I have never heard of anyone being charged with carrying a firearm on postal property except the one employee. I think employees are told to not carry because they may go "postal". It really is a crazy rule and i am sure it is broken daily by many people.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote