SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:05   #1
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

White House calls for gun bans on their official website.... Again.

Like they did when they first came into the White House, the administration again calls for gun bans on their website.

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda

<scroll down about 80% down and look at the last thing under "Crime and Law Enforcement">

Quote:
Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.
1)The first statement is a lie as law enforcement ALREADY have access to trace info for investigations. The restrictions are only on access to it for OTHER purposes. So reducing the restriction would allow antigunners to use info for their agenda.
2) I'm sure they just want "common sense" gun control.
3) Mandating childproof guns is something ONLY an ignorant non-gun person would advocate and scares the poop out of me.
4) Of course the "assault weapon" Ban.. Because it prevented so much crime the first time..

For all the people who lie to themselves and cling to the D talking point that Obama isn't really against 2nd Amendment here is the proof.
I guess since this is now a base-election they have given up trying to keep faking support for the 2A

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:59   #2
Bren
NRA Life Member

I have never doubted it. The only thing holding them back is the political mood of the majority of potential voters, on gun issues.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21   #3
JBnTX
JB in Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post

I have never doubted it. The only thing holding them back is the political mood of the majority of potential voters, on gun issues.

Last edited by JBnTX; 10-11-2012 at 06:22..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41   #4
pugman

I for one welcome this proposal 100%*

*Because it seems the only thing now a days which motivates anyone are end results. Want proof? There are approximately 4 million NRA members but 80 million firearm owners in this country. The NRA is far from perfect…but right now they are the best we have. O proposes a true firearm ban and the NRA’s numbers would grow ten fold overnight.

If O came out claiming what he really wanted it might be enough for people to realize the Fed is nothing short of a legalized mob.

I don't have children but have a lot of nieces and nephews ranging in age from still in the womb to 14. There is no such thing as childproof – try locking up their Halloween candy once and see how long it lasts. I also notice in the quote about addressing gun violence there isn’t anything as it relates to crime? I propose a little experiment – use a gun in a crime get 25 years in prison, no parole, internet, T.V…and its hard labor. Shoot someone…get 40 years….kill someone get the death penalty.

Unfortunately for firearm owners we are generally our own worst enemies.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:55   #5
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugman View Post
I also notice in the quote about addressing gun violence there isn’t anything as it relates to crime? I propose a little experiment – use a gun in a crime get 25 years in prison, no parole, internet, T.V…and its hard labor. Shoot someone…get 40 years….kill someone get the death penalty.
We already have laws with fancy names like "10-20-life". Like other "automatic" laws, they mostly affect good people like this lady who fired a warning shot at her abusive husband:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...-judges-juries
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:17   #6
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

I just am still a little surprised they put this out there considering how "under the radar" they have tried to be. I mean I get that this is turning into a base election but still I am curious what the calculation they made on this is.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:03   #7
4Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ View Post

<scroll down about 80% down and look at the last thing under "Crime and Law Enforcement">
People who are voting for gun rights are already voting Republican.

People who would vote against gun rights need a reason not to vote Republican.

With this statement, the White House can't lose any support, but they might gain some.
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26   #8
Gundude

Quote:
Like they did when they first came into the White House, the administration again calls for gun bans on their website.

1)The first statement is a lie as law enforcement ALREADY have access to trace info for investigations. The restrictions are only on access to it for OTHER purposes. So reducing the restriction would allow antigunners to use info for their agenda.
2) I'm sure they just want "common sense" gun control.
3) Mandating childproof guns is something ONLY an ignorant non-gun person would advocate and scares the poop out of me.
4) Of course the "assault weapon" Ban.. Because it prevented so much crime the first time..

For all the people who lie to themselves and cling to the D talking point that Obama isn't really against 2nd Amendment here is the proof.
I guess since this is now a base-election they have given up trying to keep faking support for the 2A
I don't know that any non-delusional person thinks Obama is anything but anti-2A. Nothing in that proposal is defensible, and the "childproof gun" thing is testament to the idiocy that backs up that entire proposal.

That said though, it's going to be up to congress to not send any anti-gun bills to the White House over the next four years, no matter who is sitting there. Anybody who would stake anything on what Romney's true intentions are is foolish. The thought of Democrats regaining congress at Romney's midterm (which is a pretty common occurence, congress switching away from the party of the White House holder) is scary. In contrast, congress has never switched to the party of the White House holder, so the odds are overwhelming that republicans will keep congress during the remainder of Obama's presidency.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42   #9
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Trusting Obama will not push for gun control in his second term is a sure manifestation of severe mental retardation.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45   #10
John Rambo
Raven

If Obama comes back in with nothing to lose you can bet your bottom dollar he'll gut the 2A. We have got to get Romney voted in. Thats just all there is to it.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:45   #11
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

& I call for a ban on Democrats .... again ! .....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:10   #12
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
If Obama comes back in with nothing to lose you can bet your bottom dollar he'll gut the 2A. We have got to get Romney voted in. Thats just all there is to it.
You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

He barely squeaked Obamacare by when democrats had full control of congress. His next most egregious accomplishment was "amnesty" by refusing to enforce part of immigration law.

He doesn't have congress anymore, and how is he going to gut the 2A by executive order? The more laws Obama (or any administration) refuses to enforce, the better IMO.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:12   #13
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Gee,

I was just at the real "official" White House website and couldn't find the statement that the OP posted.

Here's a link to the real "official" White House website......

http://www.whitehouse.gov/?d=w

Maybe someone can find the "story" that the OP was talking about and poi t it out for me.
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:16   #14
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

He barely squeaked Obamacare by when democrats had full control of congress. His next most egregious accomplishment was "amnesty" by refusing to enforce part of immigration law.

He doesn't have congress anymore, and how is he going to gut the 2A by executive order? The more laws Obama (or any administration) refuses to enforce, the better IMO.
He has already demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the authority of SCOTUS, a willingness to do whatever he wants and continue to do so until forced to stop, and a desire to circumvent the due process of our government by any means possible.

That makes him very, very dangerous.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26   #15
JFrame

Putting restrictions on the 2A is part of the Democrat Party 2012 platform:

Quote:
Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements—like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole—so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform
Every Democrat has ascribed to this as a goal. There's not even a discussion on the matter.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30   #16
Acujeff

Quote:

As Obama supporters you and Spyder must really like Obama's record of:

Fast and Furious and the subsequent cover-up (the biggest criminal political scandal in American history), which lead to orders registering gun purchases in the four southern border states, using the ATF to harass gun shops out of business and promoting the UN Gun Ban Treaty.

Obama also appointed two anti-RKBA Supreme Court Justices and 125 anti-RKBA liberals to federal judgeships, including 25 to appellate courts.

Under an expansion of the civil forfeiture doctrine, Obama has just given the ATF the power to seize your firearms if they choose to, without due process, and even if you are not under investigation. Under Obama’s new decree, if the ATF says they are going to confiscate your firearms, they can.

The draft cybersecurity order, which would place all activities on the Internet under the jurisdiction of the DHS, included gun control language, encouraged by Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY). When that cybersecurity bill didn’t pass, Obama began drafting one of his own, which he plans to introduce by Executive Order, … will that EO contain limits on our Second Amendment right to bear arms?

I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. Obama and the Democrats are campaigning on re-instating the AWB, banning gun shows and private gun transfers and sales, and regulating ammo purchases.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Obama another term.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Acujeff; 10-11-2012 at 09:32..
Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:01   #17
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term. In the very least, more regulations and executive orders governing every aspect of gun and ammo ownership and commerce, lots more proposed gun control legislation and anti-gun judges and up to four more anti-gun Supreme Court justices. Obama and the Democrats are campaigning on re-instating the AWB, banning gun shows and private gun transfers and sales, and regulating ammo purchases.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Obama another term.
The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Who exactly are you attempting to frighten with these random unsubstantiated rants?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:04   #18
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
He has already demonstrated a complete lack of respect for the authority of SCOTUS, a willingness to do whatever he wants and continue to do so until forced to stop, and a desire to circumvent the due process of our government by any means possible.

That makes him very, very dangerous.
If he was smart, aggressive, and competent I would agree.

He is none of those things.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06   #19
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

Quote:
I just am still a little surprised they put this out there considering how "under the radar" they have tried to be. I mean I get that this is turning into a base election but still I am curious what the calculation they made on this is.
They have to throw a bone to the gun control idiots. Obama has to show the left he's there for them, you know.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."
- John Adams
jeanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:59   #20
Acujeff

Quote:
The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Who exactly are you attempting to frighten with these random unsubstantiated rants?

You are right Gundude. Four US Supreme Court Justices (Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer and Ginsburg) will be 80 or older, and two, Thomas and Alito above 65, by the end of Obama's second term. He could likely appoint up to 6 more Justices if he is re-elected - all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come. An anti-2A Court would be free to re-define and dismantle the RKBA out of existence. The current anti-2A Justices have already stated their intention to do exactly that.

Obama appointed anti-Second Amendment Justices, Sotomayor and Kagan. Given the opportunity he will do it again. All they need is one more like minded Justice to get a majority of five anti’s and implement their stated agenda through the courts.

If that happens we’ll never see a pro-RKBA victory again in our lifetime.

There are already more RKBA cases headed to the Supreme Court involving the private right of armed self-defense outside the home and the heavy restrictions in places like Chicago and Washington DC.

Notice how Obama supporters like Gundude and Spyder do not dispute or defend Obama awful record?

Get free NRA-ILA legislative and RKBA e-mail alerts:

Acujeff is offline   Reply With Quote