Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:29   #21
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
You give the man a lot of credit for being able to accomplish things. What is that based on?

He barely squeaked Obamacare by when democrats had full control of congress. His next most egregious accomplishment was "amnesty" by refusing to enforce part of immigration law.

He doesn't have congress anymore, and how is he going to gut the 2A by executive order? The more laws Obama (or any administration) refuses to enforce, the better IMO.
Quote:
If he was smart, aggressive, and competent I would agree.

He is none of those things.

So you argue in this thread that he is completely ineffective (and you wouldn't be the first to compare him to Jimmy Carter). Yet you also seem to be an Obama supporter in other threads. Do you just want to vote for the black guy, or what? Brucev, is that you changing sides again?

Last edited by Bren; 10-11-2012 at 11:31..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:33   #22
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
The Republican congress is going to propose gun legislation if Obama wins? Obama will nominate up to six SC justices during his eight years?

Who exactly are you attempting to frighten with these random unsubstantiated rants?
Why does he need 6? We were only 1 vote away from losing the entire second amendment when they voted on Heller. Having him nominate/appoint 1 is plenty.

Last edited by Bren; 10-11-2012 at 11:34..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07   #23
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Bump because it is important issue for the election.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:52   #24
4Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR Spyder GT View Post
Gee, I was just at the real "official" White House website and couldn't find the statement that the OP posted. Here's a link to the real "official" White House website......
http://www.whitehouse.gov/?d=w
Maybe someone can find the "story" that the OP was talking about and poi t it out for me.
If you go to the http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda website that the OP quoted, then scroll to the bottom, and select ABOUT THIS SITE/CONTACT. you get this:
Quote:
About

Thank you for your interest in contacting us. Starting on the afternoon of January 20th, we encourage you to visit the Contact page at WhiteHouse.gov.
All postal mail should now be sent to:
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

http://change.gov/about/contact
4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58   #25
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
You are right Gundude. Four US Supreme Court Justices (Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer and Ginsburg) will be 80 or older, and two, Thomas and Alito above 65, by the end of Obama's second term. He could likely appoint up to 6 more Justices if he is re-elected - all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come. An anti-2A Court would be free to re-define and dismantle the RKBA out of existence. The current anti-2A Justices have already stated their intention to do exactly that.

Obama appointed anti-Second Amendment Justices, Sotomayor and Kagan. Given the opportunity he will do it again. All they need is one more like minded Justice to get a majority of five anti’s and implement their stated agenda through the courts.

If that happens we’ll never see a pro-RKBA victory again in our lifetime.

There are already more RKBA cases headed to the Supreme Court involving the private right of armed self-defense outside the home and the heavy restrictions in places like Chicago and Washington DC.

Notice how Obama supporters like Gundude and Spyder do not dispute or defend Obama awful record?
Of course I don't defend Obama's record. Trying to defend an indefensible record on gun control would make someone look like an idiot, wouldn't it? Look in the mirror real quick

Less idiotic would be to admit that the person who is going to win in November has an anti-2A record, and vote for congresscritters who won't send a gun ban to him.

Less idiotic still would be to refrain from suggesting Alito might retire after less than 10 years on the bench. Justices time their retirements to maintain the balance of the court. That's realty. The only way that'd change is if they're incapable of holding out due to health reasons. The only one who will be older than 80 during Obama's term is Ginsburg, and Obama replacing her won't change a thing.

Breyer will not turn 80 before Obama is gone, that's flat out wrong. Scalia and Kennedy will only turn 80 in Obama's last year. And Ginsburg is a liberal.

Your "four" justices is down to maybe 1 liberal. Throwing in Thomas and Alito just shows how desperate you are.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-11-2012 at 13:17..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:22   #26
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acujeff View Post
As Obama supporters you and Spyder must really like Obama's record of:

I bet Gundude and Spyder can't wait what he'll do if he gets a second term.

It's up to gun owners to make sure we are not scammed into giving Romney a term in office. .
I'm not an Obama supporter. Plus I fixed your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Rules View Post
If you go to the http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda website that the OP quoted, then scroll to the bottom, and select ABOUT THIS SITE/CONTACT. you get this:
This link does NOT take you to the real "official" White House website.
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 13:29   #27
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Why does he need 6? We were only 1 vote away from losing the entire second amendment when they voted on Heller. Having him nominate/appoint 1 is plenty.
... unless the one he's replacing is one who voted against Heller, in which case it won't change a thing.

I'd rather Scalia's, Kennedy's, and Breyer's replacements get appointed by the person who comes after Obama in 2017 rather than by Romney. Who knows, that person might actually be pro-2A.

If Romney gets in we won't have the possibility of a pro-2A prez until at least 2021. It'll either be Romney for 2 terms or Romney followed by a Democrat.

Last edited by Gundude; 10-11-2012 at 13:32..
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 14:50   #28
Gunnut 45/454

Wow what a surprise! Not! Liberterians for gun control!! Yea go vote for Garry Johnson ie Obamamoa! Now lets here you say your vote doesn't count Liberterians! Are you going to vote against the COTUS?

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 10-11-2012 at 14:51..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:03   #29
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

Obama openly admitted in the debate last night that he wants the AWB to be brought back.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50   #30
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Gun bans are nothing more than treason.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:09   #31
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
I don't believe you.

Does anyone?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16   #32
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I don't believe you.

Does anyone?

Hmmm...Let's put it this way...How many non-Obama supporters do we know who accuse everyone voting for Romney of being racist?

Quote:
How can anyone that's a gun owner, a Veteran or a Christian support Romney?

Oh, that's right....... because Obama is black.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:22   #33
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrame View Post
Hmmm...Let's put it this way...How many non-Obama supporters do we know who accuse everyone voting for Romney of being racist?

Busted ! ...... Again ! ..........

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24   #34
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
Obama openly admitted in the debate last that he wants the AWB to be brought back.
I was surprised he actually said that.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26   #35
cowboy1964

Really surprised they aren't going after ammo based on EPA regs or new taxes. Seems like that would be much easier to get done.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:28   #36
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Really surprised they aren't going after ammo based on EPA regs or new taxes. Seems like that would be much easier to get done.
...But not as 'symbolic' .....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52   #37
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Kinda funny,after the debate our local libs are absent.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:11   #38
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
You are a pathological liar.
Zombie Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47   #39
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Actually his thugs have tried that route through the EPA.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 15:11   #40
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
I'm not an Obama supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
I don't believe you.

Does anyone?
No, not really.

Last edited by series1811; 10-17-2012 at 15:11..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote